The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

You knew what you were doing.

Yeah, showing that by calling it a joke (of any variety you like) it's not exactly giving the facts. Whether it's a "joke", "a stupid joke" or any other type, starting the retelling with absolutely the wrong direction. None of this was any type of joke.

Edited by cb_diamond

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Yeah, showing that by calling it a joke (of any variety you like) it's not exactly giving the facts. Whether it's a "joke", "a stupid joke" or any other type, starting the retelling with absolutely the wrong direction. None of this was any type of joke.

I was at Gretna that day i believe the account given above was exactly the facts. 

Just now, The clean living guy said:

It's a question. Hence the question mark.

Were you at Gretna that day?

Nope, I wasn't. Also I didn't need to be to know how genuinely bad this episode was and the retelling here makes it sound like it wasn't really that bad. People who were associating with the club by openly being fans, dressed up like the KKK in the middle of a town and then went to the match still in these costumes. There is no joke, no stupid joke, no humour, nothing but offensive, bigoted behaviour that did real, long lasting damage to the reputation of the club and the fanbase.

It's genuinely blowing my mind here that I am having to justify this view to not one, but two grown, adult people and I am the only one apparently in the last two pages who is seeing this.

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Nope, I wasn't. Also I didn't need to be to know how genuinely bad this episode was and the retelling here makes it sound like it wasn't really that bad. People who were associating with the club by openly being fans, dressed up like the KKK in the middle of a town and then went to the match still in these costumes. There is no joke, no stupid joke, no humour, nothing but offensive, bigoted behaviour that did real, long lasting damage to the reputation of the club and the fanbase.

It's genuinely blowing my mind here that I am having to justify this view to not one, but two grown, adult people and I am the only one apparently in the last two pages who is seeing this.

As i've said, i believe your struggling with the context. The word "stupid" could easily be substituted for regrettable.

3 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Feel like another centre half is needed quickly watson had an absolute stinker yesterday imo

That's 2 weeks in a row he's looked far from convincing. I like him though and think he has a place in our squad but we will not be challenging this season with him at centre half

4 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

As i've said, i believe your struggling with the context. The word "stupid" could easily be substituted for regrettable.

So a regrettable joke? Again. I don't think I'm struggling with any context, mainly based off the fact that both the OP and yourself think this was any variety of joke.

Do you know what, here's an easy solution if you think I'm struggling with context. Why don't you tell me exactly which part of this was a "joke" of any variety? Go on, help me out. 

37 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Yeah I agree, one player who can cover both would be ideal but if we only bring in another two then those positions would be my priority. I think a centre back is more important as Scott McGill showed in the first half of last season that a good team can get away with someone filling in there, whereas I’d worry if Fordyce was out for more than a game or two. Ideally we’ll get both in though with perhaps another midfielder too. 

I suppose it’s worth noting that we have until the end of September for loans, though obviously we will need more options sooner than that. Kerr McInroy only signed on 30th September last season, so it is possible for guys to come in and have a real impact but the chances of anyone as good as him signing seem slim. I think we only have two loan spots left, possibly one if Murray Johnson’s loan is extended beyond the current emergency one, so it’s important we get these last signings right.

I think Deveney has been fine so far and would assume given his age he should improve a bit too. If he was to get injured I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it than use up limited resources on a substitute left back when there are other areas we need to strengthen like centre back. I feel like some fans have pre judged Deveney because on paper he didn't seem a particularly inspiring sounding signing, certainly compared to our other full back, but I don't think he's done much wrong.

As you say the keeper situation may mean we have to use another loan up for that, so it's going to have to be actual signings mostly.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

So a regrettable joke? Again. I don't think I'm struggling with any context, mainly based off the fact that both the OP and yourself think this was any variety of joke.

Do you know what, here's an easy solution if you think I'm struggling with context. Why don't you tell me exactly which part of this was a "joke" of any variety? Go on, help me out. 

I've tried you're too stupid.

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Go and lie down in darkened room, i've not once mentioned there is "humour in racism".

END

No? But jokes are funny? you've tried to defend a post multiple times that can't really be defended, you've twisted and turned your argument at least twice now, you've also resorted to name calling when called out on your non arguement.

FIN

ETA- first line

Edited by cb_diamond

6 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I think Deveney has been fine so far and would assume given his age he should improve a bit too. If he was to get injured I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it than use up limited resources on a substitute left back when there are other areas we need to strengthen like centre back. I feel like some fans have pre judged Deveney because on paper he didn't seem a particularly inspiring sounding signing, certainly compared to our other full back, but I don't think he's done much wrong.

As you say the keeper situation may mean we have to use another loan up for that, so it's going to have to be actual signings mostly.

Murray Johnson initially was a 7 day emegency loan which has obviously been extended but for how long? 

9 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Murray Johnson initially was a 7 day emegency loan which has obviously been extended but for how long? 

I always thought Emergency Loans had to be for a minimum of 28 days, and they could go up to 3 months. I know the club initially said 7 days but that seems weird to me unless the rules have changed. The fact he's continued to play for 3 weeks suggests it was for at least 28 days. Hopefully someone else knows more about this than me and can confirm the normal length.

Depending how long Rae is out for it may have to turn from an Emergency Loan to a standard one if both clubs wanted/allow.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

38 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I know you want something to be super offended at but no one has justified it and all would agree it was horrendous. 

For the sake of your blood pressure try to move on.