The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Just now, Kenny_m said:

What the feck has Tommy Robinson got to do with it? 

Got to say that no records of the investigation doesn't augur well.

Remember there are two sides involved in this tribunal, but only one side will be highlighted by the media..

2 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

You what mate?

I heard on the grapevine (an airdrie forum) that James mcpake was coming out of retirement for a cameo season and he had a host of clubs to choose from and he chose airdrie and they wanted to pay him £500pw and he has chosen to play for free and he isn’t bothered for money 

13 minutes ago, BlackandGauld said:

I heard on the grapevine (an airdrie forum) that James mcpake was coming out of retirement for a cameo season and he had a host of clubs to choose from and he chose airdrie and they wanted to pay him £500pw and he has chosen to play for free and he isn’t bothered for money 

That makes no sense. Why would the dunfermline manager quit his job to play for a season, and why would we sign a 38 year old?

23 minutes ago, G_H said:

That makes no sense. Why would the dunfermline manager quit his job to play for a season, and why would we sign a 38 year old?

1.) We are a huge step up from a managers position. James has always spoken about emulating his hero Paul Scholes who famously came out of retirement for a couple of seasons for Manchester United. It’s in James’ autobiography if you ever get a chance to read it. 

2.) 38 these days in league one is nothing. Look at Chris Templeman over the years, it’s actually a very similar situation to Chris templeman - just look at his record for Montrose.

if you’ve any further questions on this please do not hesitate to get back to me via Dm. 

10 minutes ago, BlackandGauld said:

1.) We are a huge step up from a managers position. James has always spoken about emulating his hero Paul Scholes who famously came out of retirement for a couple of seasons for Manchester United. It’s in James’ autobiography if you ever get a chance to read it. 

2.) 38 these days in league one is nothing. Look at Chris Templeman over the years, it’s actually a very similar situation to Chris templeman - just look at his record for Montrose.

if you’ve any further questions on this please do not hesitate to get back to me via Dm. 

If you’re not a troll, please give me some of what you’ve been smoking. As it looks like really good shit. 

1 hour ago, Airduray Diamond said:

The Quitongo brothers say whatever suits their narrative, No one heard the racism directed at Rico, His brother stated that he was subjected to Racism in the play off final which once again not one person heard and he couldn’t back that up. Worth mentioning that they are both certainly not angels either, ones a homophobe the others a wife beating rat 

Can’t deny the following though:

“Mr Hetherington was asked if he was aware of reports that some Airdrie fans wore Ku Klux Klan outfits during a match against Gretna in 2006”

“asked the director if he was aware of a picture of an Airdrie fan giving a Nazi salute under a banner that read "Make Airdrie Great again".

“He also responded to questions about the far right activist, Tommy Robinson, attending an Airdrie match and some fans chanting his name and posing for selfies.”

Seems pretty racist to me 👍🏼 

3 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Maybe because Tommy Robison is a racist and was at an Airdrie game and like minded fans sang his name and got selfies with him? 

Is the tribunal about the idiotic behaviour of some Airdrie supporters surrounding Yaxley-Lennon, back before Paul Hetherington was involved with Airdrie? 

Is the tribunal about the idiotic behaviour of some airdrie supporters at Gretna... in 2006, before the current owner or board were involved?

Is the Tribunal about the Airdrie supporters at all? 

Or is the tribunal actually about the club investigation into the accusations of racist abuse, and whether the club itself discriminated against Quitongo? 

I'm fairly confident it is that last one, not the other three. 

On that basis, Yaxley-Lennon, Gretna, the Trump flag, none of that has ANY bearing on the actual issue the tribunal is about. 

Unless the suggestion is that the people who dressed up in the Klan outfits are now the ones who conducted the investigation, or the people who got selfies with Yaxley-Lennon are the ones who conducted the investigation, then they are absolutely irrelevant to the tribunal which is currently ongoing. 

You're not daft, you must be able to recognise that. 

Those contemptible episodes, embarrassing though they are, have zero to do with the current board, current owner, and most of all, the current tribunal, which is about the investigation, and the investigation only, from last year.

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Is the tribunal about the idiotic behaviour of some Airdrie supporters surrounding Yaxley-Lennon, back before Paul Hetherington was involved with Airdrie? 

Is the tribunal about the idiotic behaviour of some airdrie supporters at Gretna... in 2006, before the current owner or board were involved?

Or is the tribunal actually about the club investigation into the accusations of racist abuse, and whether the club itself discriminated against Quitongo? 

On that basis, Yaxley-Lennon, Gretna, the Trump flag, none of that has ANY bearing on the actual issue the tribunal is about. 

Unless the suggestion is that the people who dressed up in the Klan outfits are now the ones who conducted the investigation, or the people who got selfies with Yaxley-Lennon are the ones who conducted the investigation, then they are absolutely irrelevant to the tribunal which is currently ongoing. 

Those contemptible episodes, embarrassing though they are, have zero to do with the current board, current owner, and most of all, the current tribunal, which is about the investigation, and the investigation only, from last year.

It’s all becoming a bit of a witch hunt now, if I’m being brutally honest.  

6 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I understand your logic however the focus of the case has clearly broadened. 

It now seems as though the claims are regarding Airdrieonians and our fans being inherently racist otherwise those points would be unrelated like you say.

The inherent racism in this case being that a fan allegedly racially abused Rico only for the club to carry out a poor investigation due to the narrative that they too are racist. 

I don’t think the club nor directors are racist. I do think that the investigation was weak and I do think things could have been handled better. Unfortunately, some of our fans have a pretty grim and random affiliation with being complete and utter scum which has clearly not helped this case at all. 

This isn’t personally aimed at you, but in dissecting the case, disregarding the allegations and deflecting stone cold evidence of racism at the club… YOU END UP LOOKING LIKE YOU DEFEND RACISM OR IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE A RACIST. 

7 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Maybe because Tommy Robison is a racist and was at an Airdrie game and like minded fans sang his name and got selfies with him? 

So Quitongo and his brief are trying to insinuate that the "entire club" is racist?