The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The Airdrie fan who was on it last week was excellent btw. Spoke really well, provided a good level of detail about your squad and manager and seemed a decent guy.

I agree, he was excellent.

Also, piss off you dot happy wee fud.

X

4 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I heard he won his slot in a lucky drip drawn by weans…

That was a legitimate draw conducted under the highest standards of professional impartiality. Expect a letter from my legal representatives. 

15 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Appreciate that. Really enjoyed being on it, both the gents doing it are thoroughly decent and have put together a really solid podcast. 

Now cut it out, we need to despise each other with extreme vitriol. 

Well someone doesn't seem to like you as they down voted the nice comment about you 😂

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Well someone doesn't seem to like you as they down voted the nice comment about you 😂

Think he's dot boys dotting nemesis. They follow each other round the forum throwing red circles at each other. Make of that what you will...

26 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

It's all to quiet on signings front, despite our good start we still need to add. Come on the ITK's?

Dylan Tait from hibs on loan was a name mentioned last week after we lost out on mochrie.

On 08/08/2022 at 13:48, FLDiamond said:

Has there been any updates on our injured players? Not sure if this was touched on in the post match interviews. Unclear if there will be more additions this week - would be good to know that anyone currently out will be back for the weekend

Josh Rae posted a photo this morning of him training (which includes a rare sighting of Alex Henderson) so he will presumably/hopefully be back soon. I’m sure the match preview last week suggested that McMaster is close to a return too so he’ll hopefully return in the next couple of weeks. I think that’s it in terms of injuries? 

On 08/08/2022 at 20:54, Diamond8 said:

Slightly off topic but it's sad to see the guy who runs the bus/buses to away games having such a struggle these days which just happens to coincide with us being well worth the travel most weeks. I've personally never been on the supporters bus due to being fortunate enough to be able to make my own way to games but his work is commendable. Over the past few weeks I've been wondering if there is any scope for the club to help in this regard. It's got to be beneficial for the team and the club in general to have as many away fans as possible, it could be the difference. They could also make a bit of money out of helping out with travel. There's a few ways they could spin it if it's something that can be explored.

They could go down the route of just putting a bus on at whatever cost or they could start a travel club, I'm sure there are other teams out there that do this, whether it be a monthly payment which could either include travel only or travel and a ticket to the game. I know in these times it's difficult for all financially and asking g for another payment might be a stretch too far but the hard-core that go to 80-100% of away games are paying anyway. 

I also appreciate that this idea cut be seen as cutting the grass of the guy who's currently doing a great job of running the buses despite the current struggles and obviously opens cue here before and after where most will go in and spend a few quid before and after the game but the club could also liaise with cue here and possibly come up with a solution to have the bus leave from cue here or even do a pick up from there.  Maybe it's pie in the sky and all a bit too complicated but it's something I'd hope the club could help out and allow the team to have the best backing possible. 

I don’t live in Airdrie so I’m not on the bus too often but whenever I do use it it’s an excellent service. Door-to-door, a good laugh and exceptional value for money which I know Gary makes a point of being. Hope they can get something up and running. 

27 minutes ago, G_H said:

Looking at the squad list, could really use an additional defender as there is zero cover for any injuries or suspensions in that area

Yip, it's really only up front where we have options.

Fordyce gets injured we would knee deep in the shiite.

1 hour ago, G_H said:

Looking at the squad list, could really use an additional defender as there is zero cover for any injuries or suspensions in that area

Steven Bell away to Kelty certainly older but knows the score. Maybe could of done us a turn, 

23 minutes ago, G_H said:

Had a quick look at the PFA availability list, slim pickings there

https://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability-list/

Going purely by former clubs and not remembering having seen them play, maybe Stephen Hendrie worth a look?

Him and Grimshaw obviously the stand outs there but Grimshaw probably has his eyes on something a bit better than League One. There’s a few in there born in the 2000s that have came through at Premiership and Championship clubs and been released. One or two of them might actually be pretty good but hard for us to know much about them at all.

Had a quick look at the PFA availability list, slim pickings there
https://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability-list/
Going purely by former clubs and not remembering having seen them play, maybe Stephen Hendrie worth a look?
I can understand players holding out for a better deal or missing the league Cup campaign, but I'd imagine a few of these players or free agents in general, would be desperate to sign for a club now, especially as the league campaign has already started. Imagine some of the older names listed would need to earn a living.

12 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

The Quitongo brothers say whatever suits their narrative, No one heard the racism directed at Rico, His brother stated that he was subjected to Racism in the play off final which once again not one person heard and he couldn’t back that up. Worth mentioning that they are both certainly not angels either, ones a homophobe the others a wife beating rat