The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

46 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

LB Devenny didn't really put a foot wrong yesterday. Did well without being outstanding, but that's fine. However he does seem to be the target of some people for some reason. Not sure why. He's been consistent so far in a solid defence and doesn't shy away from a challenge or getting forward. 

Heard one fan give him abuse yesterday which was totally uncalled for an unjust as well as he was doing fine. 

Some fans just need to find a scapegoat or weak spot to focus on I guess. I prefer to focus on what's going well. 

I think a lot of it is just that he was an underwhelming signing after not making much of an impact at Clyde and Falkirk and that’s stuck with him. He’s been fine whenever I’ve seen him, I think he has mistakes in him against good opposition but he fits the way we play pretty well and is a good outlet going forward even if his final ball is sometimes lacking. On paper he is the obvious player in the starting 11 to improve on but if he keeps doing fine then the position is his to lose.

I think a lot of it is just that he was an underwhelming signing after not making much of an impact at Clyde and Falkirk and that’s stuck with him. He’s been fine whenever I’ve seen him, I think he has mistakes in him against good opposition but he fits the way we play pretty well and is a good outlet going forward even if his final ball is sometimes lacking. On paper he is the obvious player in the starting 11 to improve on but if he keeps doing fine then the position is his to lose.
If he gets injured, I still think we need another left back regardless. St Mirren game he carried on after that wreckless challenge from Kiltie. He is young and will improve, and you're right, he fits the system.

On 30/07/2022 at 19:14, Diamond1924 said:

Dunfermline struggled today in all honesty and Falkirk were same old. We need to get back to where we belong. Championship +. keep it steady and we’ll be there. 

Continue with that "where we belong" pish and you'd be better supporting Falkirk. 

The truth is that we, and everybody else, are exactly where we deserve to be and belong.  League positions are based on performances and results. 

11 hours ago, David Fernández said:
12 hours ago, Mr November said:

If he gets injured, I still think we need another left back regardless. St Mirren game he carried on after that wreckless challenge from Kiltie. He is young and will improve, and you're right, he fits the system.

Dont disagree. No doubt we need LB cover as, even though Ballantyne can play there, it's not his strongest position. And who knows, the next LB may improve the team even more. But for now, Devenny is doing just fine and given he's only 20yrs old has time to develop and improve with every game he plays. He's definitely in the right place to learn and has great support around him. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Anyone know if we’ll still be streaming matches for fans overseas ? Shame the streaming has been ended probably will result in a loss of income 

We will be, just sorting out a few details. There will be an announcement before the weekend [emoji106]

We've still got some players to add. That academy boys apart, we only have 14 outfield players which includes

Sal -not match fit after long injury

McMaster - injured 1st game and not featured since

Wylie - Looked to be injured when subbed at Peterhead.

Very light squad and especially in midfield if McMaster & Wylie don't make it.

We've still got some players to add. That academy boys apart, we only have 14 outfield players which includes
Sal -not match fit after long injury
McMaster - injured 1st game and not featured since
Wylie - Looked to be injured when subbed at Peterhead.
Very light squad and especially in midfield if McMaster & Wylie don't make it.

I figured if something had been on the verge of getting sorted it would have been announced last night or tonight. So not very hopeful that we will have in a new face by Saturday. But no doubt there will be an unveiling of a new midfielder late on Friday. Who knows, I’m all about Rhys getting in a player who will add quality to the squad but wished we could get a couple of his targets over the line quicker. Big game Saturday.. and like you said, already we have a number of doubtful players

34 minutes ago, David Fernández said:
1 hour ago, airdrieman said:
Owen Moffat and Kyle Turner. 

Wonder where this Ruiz-Diaz guy went that played in the NL Cup.

I saw on his Instagram a week or two ago that he was taking part in a training session one of those private coaching agencies run in Glasgow so he's obviously still trying to win a deal here. 

Edited by airdrieman

I saw on his Instagram a week or two ago that he was taking part in a training session one of those private coaching agencies run in Glasgow so he's obviously still trying to win a deal here. 
And in contrast, you've got someone like Charlie Telfer training with us, holding out for a better deal elsewhere by the looks of it. You'd think players would be wanting to sign for someone especially when the league season has started.