The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Would be delighted if we landed Mochrie. Still think we need another midfielder or two, albeit adding a defender would be the priority for me, but Mochrie clearly has a lot of talent and ability. Don't know what sort of player Wylie is but Mochrie would be an excellent Easton replacement that McCabe had previously talked about. Hopefully our style of football and our record of playing and developing loan players over the last few seasons sees him come to us. 

Personally if it is between Mochrie and Telfer,  I would pick Telfer every time,   we look a very talented bunch although very short of experience ,   I cannot see the 2 of  them signing,  too similar..

After today I’m feeling quite confident. We pass well and take up decent positions. They’re no reason why we can’t cause trouble with every team in this league.

Dunfermline struggled today in all honesty and Falkirk were same old. We need to get back to where we belong. Championship +. keep it steady and we’ll be there. 

wish we got 2500+ at games.  I mind the days of old broomfield with 2500 on average 

There wasn't much to take from the game as Peterhead were so bad and unless they get better players in quickly they're finishing tailed off bottom.

Ballantyne was undoubtedly the best of our newbies, powerful player.

Wylie, obviously talented but struggled with the pace of the game and will need time find his feet and fitness. Seemed to pick up an injury as well.

Devenny is ok, not sure he is going to be fixture every week but there's lots of improvement in him.

Deveney is very rash and got a mouthful of Rhys in the second half for just that.

Hopefully Rae's injury isn't too bad and he's back for next week where we'll learn a lot more and would it be great to go 5 points ahead of Falikirk after 2 games.

3 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

I struggled to work out what formation we were playing at times yesterday. Our movement was excellent. First half was like a game of attack vs defence.  

As Chapelhall Chap said, we probably line up 4-1-3-2 but when we were dominant like yesterday, Ballantyne & Deveney push high up & McCabe drops and it becomes virtually 3-5-2. Well that's how it looked to me.

54 minutes ago, Airduray Diamond said:

Since Falkirk have been playing in League 1 we have played them 10 times - 7 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. Over the whole of they games we have scored 19 goals and only conceded 8. Here’s to many more wins against that laugh

I see you got the rapid red service from the VL. 7 minute turnaround. That is one sadsack of a boy 😂😂

20 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Anyone else been impressed with Craig Watson this year at Centre Half he’s looking a lot better now he’s full time been one of our most impressive players so far this year imo

On that note, is Gallagher our only part-time player now or is there anyone else left?

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

How’d the new goalie play yesterday? Presume he didn’t have a lot to do. Anyone know how long he’s signed for?

He never had much to do. 

Apparently only 7 days. Emergency loan. 

Rae had an injection on his shoulder but it hadn't cleared up in time. Paperwork still hasn't cleared for the 3 Northern Irish lads so Henderson couldn't play. 

23 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

He never had much to do. 

Rae had an injection on his shoulder but it hadn't cleared up in time. Paperwork still hasn't cleared for the 3 Northern Irish lads so Henderson couldn't play. 

Will the 3 Northern Irish lads be part of Gows development squad.

54 minutes ago, Mr November said:

On that note, is Gallagher our only part-time player now or is there anyone else left?

Wasn't aware that Watson had switched to FT,  always thought he was underrated  Good player,    Hutton I think is PT does he count...

Gallagher PT on the bench yesterday, Rhys just signing a young penalty box striker (Jamieson) I just wonder nearer the end of the window, I don't think we will carry 5 strikers in a tight squad.....

Thus was saying in he pre match interview he wants another 2 players, surely a defender and another midfield player...

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Will the 3 Northern Irish lads be part of Gows development squad.

Although they're looked upon as "ones for the future" they'll be with the first team squad. I presume that means they're contracts are for longer than one season. 

He never had much to do. 

Cheers. Sounds like Rae isn’t far away then

On yesterday first half thought we were really impressive created a lot and easily could’ve been 4/5 at half time, gutted gabby never got a goal yesterday. Still room for improvement tho thought the boy wylie struggled couldn’t get into the game at all, Euan deveany had a better game but still would like another left back in. Defence pretty solid, watson n dycey cleared up everything really, peterhead gonna have a long season in front of them by the looks of it.

I know it’s early days but going by other results and league cup campaigns I don’t think anyone gonna run away with this league, personally I wouldn’t fear Anyone a win against Falkirk next week would be a big statement. Hopefully another couple of bodies in this week before then, onwards and upwards.♦️♦️

LB Devenny didn't really put a foot wrong yesterday. Did well without being outstanding, but that's fine. However he does seem to be the target of some people for some reason. Not sure why. He's been consistent so far in a solid defence and doesn't shy away from a challenge or getting forward. 

Heard one fan give him abuse yesterday which was totally uncalled for an unjust as well as he was doing fine. 

Some fans just need to find a scapegoat or weak spot to focus on I guess. I prefer to focus on what's going well.