The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

What should be the starting 11 for tomorrow then? for me -
Rae (if fit)
Ballantyne Watson Dycey Deveany
Frizz McCabe Devenny
Jamieson Gal Smith

I think we might line up 343 with McCabe dropping to centre back, only different for me is I dont think Gabby should be dropped, especially with his 3 assists in 4 games. I'm a massive fan of Callum Smith, but in the league Cup games his finishing has been atrocious and don't think he's been good enough, I'd drop him for Jamieson.

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:
29 minutes ago, AJ77 said:
Rae (if fit)
Frizz McCabe Devenny
Jamieson Gal Smith

I think we might line up 343 with McCabe dropping to centre back, only different for me is I dont think Gabby should be dropped, especially with his 3 assists in 4 games. I'm a massive fan of Callum Smith, but in the league Cup games his finishing has been atrocious and don't think he's been good enough, I'd drop him for Jamieson.

I think we’ll go with the same shape as the St. Mirren game. A compact 4-1-4-1 off the ball with McCabe dropping in and the full backs bombing forward to go 3-4-3 when attacking. It seemed to work well that night and gets the best out of McCabe. 

I’d probably stick with McGill, Gallagher and Smith. They’ve caused problems in the cup games but as you say, the finishing has been awful. Give them the first half tomorrow and if it’s more of the same then it’s time for Jamieson to come on.

6 minutes ago, David Fernández said:
30 minutes ago, AJ77 said:
Rae (if fit)
Frizz McCabe Devenny
Jamieson Gal Smith

Yeah don't disagree, i just feel sometimes Gabby could be better coming off the bench, regardless i'd quite like to see Jamieson start.

I'm not a fan of the 3 at the back i feel McCabe much more effective in the holding midfielder role. Deveany at wing back not for me either, final ball so far hasn't been up to standard.

41 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Got 2 goals at the weekend...the laddie not his dad! 

On all seriousness, the boy is only 16 so has a ton of developing to do. And if anyone can get a tune out him, then Gow may be the guy to do it. Been impressed with a couple of the others he's brought in, Gunn and Gibson, so you never know. Maybe just maybe, something will click and he could be decent. Just don't think it'll be any time soon. You've got to think that Goe has seen something in him if he's keeping him on. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Yeah don't disagree, i just feel sometimes Gabby could be better coming off the bench, regardless i'd quite like to see Jamieson start.
I'm not a fan of the 3 at the back i feel McCabe much more effective in the holding midfielder role. Deveany at wing back not for me either, final ball so far hasn't been up to standard.
It's a great dilemma to have and good we have decent options in the forward areas.

16 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Just seen on Twitter that Derby County’s new Umbro kits are available in Autumn. So I’ll imagine ours will be the same. 

Something like 30 teams across the UK are affected by strip issues. Folk will still blame the club mind you ! 

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

.....whit ! 

There are no Covid restrictions any longer, the concession on streaming Saturday live football from August to May has been retracted. It was allowed for the League Cup by concession from Premier Sports and because the 3pm Saturday ban doesn't apply to July. It's not permitted (domestically anyway for the benefit of @Diamond8) for the League.

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

It is if you're overseas. A decent vpn sees around this.

Well yes, but it always was. You can have all the VPN's you like. They won't get you a stream if nobody actually produces a stream in the first place. I can't imagine many lower division clubs are going to run a streaming production for a handful of genuine overseas customers and a few guys cheating the system.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are no Covid restrictions any longer, the concession on streaming Saturday live football from August to May has been retracted. It was allowed for the League Cup by concession from Premier Sports and because the 3pm Saturday ban doesn't apply to July. It's not permitted (domestically anyway for the benefit of @Diamond8) for the League.

Well yes, but it always was. You can have all the VPN's you like. They won't get you a stream if nobody actually produces a stream in the first place. I can't imagine many lower division clubs are going to run a streaming production for a handful of genuine overseas customers and a few guys cheating the system.

Falkirk & Dunfermline games will be available through a VPN or IPTV. QOS?

That should be the 1924 newsletter out to all club members now. If you've no got it, and you are a club 1924 member, gies a wee message and I'll see about sorting that out for ye. 

23 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Rae (if fit)

Frizz McCabe Devenny

Jamieson Gal Smith

Rae 

Watson McCabe Dycey 

Ballantyne Frizz Wylie Devenny Smith

Jamieson Gabby

This for me although i expect Gal will play. Deveney doesn't look up to it hence why i would tweak the system.

5 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Rae 

Watson McCabe Dycey 

Ballantyne Frizz Wylie Devenny Smith

Jamieson Gabby

This for me although i expect Gal will play. Deveney doesn't look up to it hence why i would tweak the system.

Yeah left back gotta be a priority signing imo 

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't think we'll bother even creating a stream. Hopefully, the YouTube highlights will be back though.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Matthew Anderson Celtic B left back that could be a good shout for a Left back 

Euan D has done fine so far, I do get the impression he will get it tight from the support though for whatever reason,   Agree another defender is required though,   Rhys has said in latest DTV interview another 2 will be coming in.....

Are we still technically defending our League unbeaten record at Peter head today,