The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Without knowing too much about McMaster or Wylie it seems like a decent bunch of options there. They certainly all seem suited to the style we want to play. 

It seems like Wylie got the most assists and yellow cards for Celtic B last season. It’s a completely different challenge doing it in League One but hopefully that means that he’s good on the ball but can also get stuck in, a bit like Frizzell. If he’s half as good as the last left footed midfielder we got from Celtic then we’re onto a winner.

Looks like McCabe may well be playing centre back with his cuz again this season as we now have Frizzell, Wylie, Devenny & McMaster all vying for the midfield positions and possibly Telfer. 

My only concern would be that we have a lot of players with potential but unproven at this level, Devenny, Deveney, McMaster, Wylie and to a lesser extent Jamieson. Hopefully two or three of them are good enough to be regular starters, Wylie & Jamieson look to have the best chance to me. 

Wylie contracted until summer 2024 at Celtic so they obviously see a player there.

Defender next please, pref one who can play on the left and in the centre.

Would also like to see some proven quantities as a signing or two rather than just kids, but I guess that isn't likely.

Edited by G_H

Maybe an announcement tomorrow before Saturdays game?    To be fair the big guy looked more like bambi than eto in the nl Cup.    If we are to play the passing style we have seen so far then why sign a big target man?   Especially one who can't hold the ball up.    

1 minute ago, Ballboy said:

Maybe an announcement tomorrow before Saturdays game?    To be fair the big guy looked more like bambi than eto in the nl Cup.    If we are to play the passing style we have seen so far then why sign a big target man?   Especially one who can't hold the ball up.    

Given the age of the laddie (16 iirc) it's fair to assume he'll be development squad so any announcement, should there be one, will likely be muted as per the other development signings.

The da's Facebook on the other hand..........

If we sign a left back/central defender this will have been a solid week of signings and setting us up nicely for the trip north. Even if we don’t get a defender, I’m not overly worried about this game (did I jinx us) but the extra cover is needed for the weeks ahead. Felling better now than at the start of the week, steady progress made. And yes, my feelings about Telfer are that if he doesn’t want to sign, leave the building. I’m all about players getting the best move possible but if he hasn’t had any trialist options with teams down south then he has to look for the best options here. Season starts this weekend, time to make your mind up

15 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

See the Da's also joined in on the photoshoot. Confirmed on his page that he will be in Alan Gow's development squad.dfa56093f50b6eb0c1262f5e770e4a5c.jpg

I see he’s described us as a “League One giant”. We really need him to do the match reports.