The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Couldn't make it myself was it a purvey with speakers etc, 6 pm seemed a tad early to only get some prawn sandwiches and a kerafe of red wine.

The ties and the chiffon scarf were they worth the wait....I

And more importantly I thought Airdrie passed St Mirre n off the park at times,  well worth the win,  special mention to Cole and Gunn came on and never looked overawed,   but surely these lads have to be protected and learn the game playing there level,   

Yes it was a good purvey and I did have a nice wee red. It was Willie McGuire answering the questions, much of it familiar.Never saw the chiffon but it's a smart tie. You're right on the young guys .

With a few clubs having breaching rules by playing suspended players, I've just realised that Ballantyne has been booked in our last two games and is possibly suspended for Saturday. Ideally we'll see the pen but more likely to be a reshuffle at the back and Cole Gibson coming back in.

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

With a few clubs having breaching rules by playing suspended players, I've just realised that Ballantyne has been booked in our last two games and is possibly suspended for Saturday. Ideally we'll see the pen but more likely to be a reshuffle at the back and Cole Gibson coming back in.

If Ballantyne’s suspended and no signings are made I suppose Gibson playing is quite likely, with Watson playing right back and McCabe joining Fordyce at centre back in a back 4, but it could possibly be Salim coming in if he’s fit to start and a shift to 442 with Smith and McGill out wide. Ideally a centre back or midfielder can be signed to avoid changing too much, but probably not too likely to happen before Saturday. Nine days until the league games start so the pen will surely be out before then.

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If Ballantyne’s suspended and no signings are made I suppose Gibson playing is quite likely, with Watson playing right back and McCabe joining Fordyce at centre back in a back 4, but it could possibly be Salim coming in if he’s fit to start and a shift to 442 with Smith and McGill out wide. Ideally a centre back or midfielder can be signed to avoid changing too much, but probably not too likely to happen before Saturday. Nine days until the league games start so the pen will surely be out before then.

Might be the case McMaster will slip into the holding role, McCabe drop to centre back and Watson playing right back. I think with what we have and the way we played Tuesday night, 4-3-3 gets the best out of the players we have.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Might be the case McMaster will slip into the holding role, McCabe drop to centre back and Watson playing right back. I think with what we have and the way we played Tuesday night, 4-3-3 gets the best out of the players we have.

Completely forgot about McMaster after he was ineligible on Tuesday night. I think that is probably the most likely change then and I agree we should try to stick to 4-3-3 as much as possible.

On 20/07/2022 at 16:31, Rossm25 said:

I was the same I came away thinking Mcgill did OK,  but after watching the highlights he was great. Its amazing how much you watch a game and focus on the wee mistakes or crap touches. Think I saw somewhere he's on 3 assists for the tournament , fair play to the laddie. 

Having only watched it on DTV, McGill brilliantly created Gunn's goal.  As he approahed the goalie McGill took the ball wide to pull him away from the goal before slipping the ball to Gunn.

29 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Completely forgot about McMaster after he was ineligible on Tuesday night. I think that is probably the most likely change then and I agree we should try to stick to 4-3-3 as much as possible.

Was he ineligible? I'd assumed  he was just still out injured. And could still be given he was last seen with a moon boot on was he not? 

6 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Was he ineligible? I'd assumed  he was just still out injured. And could still be given he was last seen with a moon boot on was he not? 

May have been ineligible but McCabe said in the match preview interview that he was injured.

On 20/07/2022 at 20:12, Chapelhall chap said:

I can understand that and I have found Yvonne Jamieson really helpful. Maybe contact her at club to see if their database is up to date. 

👍

43 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yes he was injured but would have been ineligible to play against St Mirren anyway.

11 minutes ago, G_H said:

Before League One Kick Off. It literally says it in the title. 😉

Seriously though, would be great to see it today, especially as the team would've been training last night, so here's hoping! 🤞

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

On a serious note I’m surprised it’s only maybe a defender. Not counting McCabe we only have 4.

Yeah another centre half and a left back i think is needed.

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

On a serious note I’m surprised it’s only maybe a defender. Not counting McCabe we only have 4.

Yeah if we're bringing in five players a forward would be my lowest priority. Ideally someone to cover centre back, a left back, a central midfielder to challenge Devenny and Frizzell and a wide player, maybe even two, would be my priorities. 

We're playing Armadale tomorrow in stoneyburn...so I'm assuming that team will be Tommy rialists and academy lads. 

4 team tourney so maybe more on the Sunday. Bit of a last min thing so maybe not be an announcement on it 

21 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

We're playing Armadale tomorrow in stoneyburn...so I'm assuming that team will be Tommy rialists and academy lads. 

4 team tourney so maybe more on the Sunday. Bit of a last min thing so maybe not be an announcement on it 

Will be yourh players only a lot more have signed up but just haven’t been announced by the club