The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 hours ago, AJ77 said:

The team we've got just now is a good base but need to add 4/5 guys to compete in the league once it starts, surely won't be relying on 17/18 year olds off the bench.

I take this back and decided we’re going to win the league.

Cracking win tonight,  very enjoyable. 

Good to see Salim get some some game time. 

I'm assuming it's someone at it but,  on Telfers Wikipedia it says he plays for us. Wouldn't look too much into it right enough as it's probably just some idiot that's changed it.

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

That was a big win, more ink would be good. We can beat Arbroath, but need to be at our best. As ever, an extra signing would help

I’d like to think you’d have to be at your best

Our home forms been extraordinary. List of teams to beat us at Gayfield in last 12 months; 

League - Inverness - 1-0 - July 2021

Scottish Cup - Hibs - 3-1 - - Feb 2022

Really looking forward to it.

It feels like the first competitive game of the season now there is actually something on the line

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d like to think you’d have to be at your best

Our home forms been extraordinary. List of teams to beat us at Gayfield in last 12 months; 

League - Inverness - 1-0 - July 2021

Scottish Cup - Hibs - 3-1 - - Feb 2022

Really looking forward to it.

It feels like the first competitive game of the season now there is actually something on the line

I'm just glad we have something to play for. Should be a good game. ♦️♦️

17 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'm assuming it's someone at it but,  on Telfers Wikipedia it says he plays for us. Wouldn't look too much into it right enough as it's probably just some idiot that's changed it.

It's been that way since he appeared as a trialist in the match v Stirling Albion in the NL Cup.

5 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It's been that way since he appeared as a trialist in the match v Stirling Albion in the NL Cup.

Aw boring ! Knew it was probably crap but I do know we made an offer to him!  

8 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Well he's not signed anywhere else yet I don't think, so here's hoping he was at the game, or watched it, and it's given him the appetite to join the mighty diamonds. 

He was looking to try down south I think but wanted time to think. Must be so bloody frustrating dealing with that kinda stuff. But like you said nothing signed yet so hopefully we get him over the line. Who would you drop though ? Justin "goal machine" Devenney? Surely not ! 

We add a stronger left back to that starting 11 (Although Euan was great last night) and maybe Salim in for Gabby ? World beaters! 

48 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

He was looking to try down south I think but wanted time to think. Must be so bloody frustrating dealing with that kinda stuff. But like you said nothing signed yet so hopefully we get him over the line. Who would you drop though ? Justin "goal machine" Devenney? Surely not ! 

We add a stronger left back to that starting 11 (Although Euan was great last night) and maybe Salim in for Gabby ? World beaters! 

Hard to say who Telfer would come in for. Could be going 4 in the middle and only 2 up top, so a striker that makes way? Also, at the very least, it adds excellent competition in midfield which is exactly what we need. 

Great starting 11 but needs strengthened across the pitch, but I am confident the club are trying everything to do make that happen. 

With apologies to the 60s TV watchers of Clint Walker I am currently singing:

Kyan,Kyan ,where were you scoring last night?

The Club 24 event was good food/drink and company, even if a box still stops the full on joy of those two goals. 

Great winning display but it still needs additional strength. At least a game that counts at Arbroath.

39 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

With apologies to the 60s TV watchers of Clint Walker I am currently singing:

Kyan,Kyan ,where were you scoring last night?

The Club 24 event was good food/drink and company, even if a box still stops the full on joy of those two goals. 

Great winning display but it still needs additional strength. At least a game that counts at Arbroath.

What club 24 event? I was not informed of this