The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

A solid win to kick us off, 2 subs or not. Injury not ideal of course, but that's up to McCabe to see who he can get signed and available. before Tuesday without it being dross. Personally would rather he takes his time and gets players that can fire us up the league than sit on the bench v Edinburgh on a a Tuesday night. 

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

A solid win to kick us off, 2 subs or not. Injury not ideal of course, but that's up to McCabe to see who he can get signed and available. before Tuesday without it being dross. Personally would rather he takes his time and gets players that can fire us up the league than sit on the bench v Edinburgh on a a Tuesday night. 

Wanted to post straight after you so folk don't think we're the same person with a happy clapping agenda 

Unfortunately we went into the old stand and missed out on the glorious sunshine .

The pitch looked good but there were some weird bounces so keeping control was important. They never really pressed us and we're just a wee bit better than Cumbernauld colts. It took quite a while to break through after a ten minute spell of good saves by their goalie. 

Once ahead it was good to see Cammy pick pocket the No 3 and for him and Devenny to score is a real bonus. Frizzel was excellent and the 3-5-2 was never exposed. Can't recall Rae having a save.

The worry is the injury to McMaster and the thin squad. It's a nonsense formula which starts so early and penalises clubs in any kind of transition. 

I also made an error in parking in the lower car park but a diversion via Hill O Beath let us spot Jim Baxter's statue and in Crossgates the street named after the wonderful Stuart Adamson. Back in time to get the Saturday curry .

It will be tougher on Tuesday but a good start.

16 hours ago, Mr November said:

But I thought that Queen of the South fan said Currie would be an improvement for them for commanding his box?

You made that up. And if he came and missed it it wouldn't go down as an own goal, as I saw it he came to punch the ball and it skiffed off the back of his glove. He does like a moan at the ref too. My first viewing of him yesterday and let's say there's definite room for improvement. 

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You made that up. And if he came and missed it it wouldn't go down as an own goal, as I saw it he came to punch the ball and it skiffed off the back of his glove. He does like a moan at the ref too. My first viewing of him yesterday and let's say there's definite room for improvement. 

One person did say that to be fair, was just having a joke about it! I haven’t seen it back yet but your assessment of him sounds pretty accurate, he’s a good keeper and I’d have been happy enough to keep him but definitely some obvious areas he can improve on. 

Good to finally have the Alan Gow youth team confirmed. As @ShineOnYouCrazyDiamondssays, it would be nice to see three or four of them on the bench on Tuesday to pad out the squad and maybe even get some game time.

Good to have it finally confirmed. 

Hopefully be able to unearth some local gems in the long run. Would be good to get a few youngsters in training with the first team as well. Between this and re investing in the park its good to see us planning for the future. Hopefully some signings early next week and the future on the park will be looking just as bright ! 

Good to have it finally confirmed. 
Hopefully be able to unearth some local gems in the long run. Would be good to get a few youngsters in training with the first team as well. Between this and re investing in the park its good to see us planning for the future. Hopefully some signings early next week and the future on the park will be looking just as bright ! 
McCabe said in his interview he's close to getting a few signings in and he said sometimes you've got to be a bit patient. Everything sounds very promising just now. I don't think the injury on McMaster is serious so hope he'll be back for Tuesday too.