The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

How do we think we’ll line up tomorrow then? Probably something like - 
                    Rae
Ballantyne Watson Fordyce Deveney
                  McCabe
McMaster/Devenny Frizzell
McGill    Gallagher    Smith 

With Salim still out injured unless they announce some more signings and/or the academy players tonight or tomorrow morning the bench will be pretty slim pickings! 
I think that sounds pretty much spot on that like up. I think it will more look like a 4231 with Frizzell playing as a no.10, Gabby wide right and Smith on the left.

In terms of the bench, will it just be Hutts and Prunty [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I think that sounds pretty much spot on that like up. I think it will more look like a 4231 with Frizzell playing as a no.10, Gabby wide right and Smith on the left.

In terms of the bench, will it just be Hutts and Prunty emoji23.png

Hutton and one of Devenny or McMaster presumably. Or maybe Watson if McCabe wants to play at the back. 

Hutton and one of Devenny or McMaster presumably. Or maybe Watson if McCabe wants to play at the back. 
Just realised till after you posted you put the extra midfielder in. 2 on the bench is cutting it very neat. Possible to just about get away with it and pray there isn't any silly injuries.

26 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Rae
                  McCabe

With Salim still out injured unless they announce some more signings and/or the academy players tonight or tomorrow morning the bench will be pretty slim pickings! 

not like there's much of an alternative

4 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Much better than the yellow efforts.

Wouldn't mind tomorrows kit being adopted as a second choice.

The new third kit is another really good effort by umbro,   I have a funny feeling the AWAY will be either red with a white dianond,  or red with a black diamond probably find out just before our first league game.....

Interesting that Football Nation have stated that the official  temporary Athletico top will not be on general sale, I know a few lads that have all the  strips going back donkeys and are really down that this possibly best ever top won't be available..

Don't panic. The Athletico top is an off the shelf umbro design and is available through the Football Nation website  the design is Umbro Ramone and costs 18.75 a top ,  obviously there will be no badge or sponsors on it, it is basically last season's third kit in a different colour....  I hope this helps for anybody trying to keep their collection going,  looking forward to seeing it at Cowdenbeath......

The new third kit is another really good effort by umbro,   I have a funny feeling the AWAY will be either red with a white dianond,  or red with a black diamond probably find out just before our first league game.....

Interesting that Football Nation have stated that the official  temporary Athletico top will not be on general sale, I know a few lads that have all the  strips going back donkeys and are really down that this possibly best ever top won't be available..

Don't panic. The Athletico top is an off the shelf umbro design and is available through the Football Nation website  the design is Umbro Ramone and costs 18.75 a top ,  obviously there will be no badge or sponsors on it, it is basically last season's third kit in a different colour....  I hope this helps for anybody trying to keep their collection going,  looking forward to seeing it at Cowdenbeath......
I really really hope you're right about the red kit with the white diamond. One of my favourites, last we had it I think was 2006 back in the Airdrie United days.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:
2 hours ago, Passionate said:

I really really hope you're right about the red kit with the white diamond. One of my favourites, last we had it I think was 2006 back in the Airdrie United days.

That strip always makes me think of that 4-3 win up at Dunfermline. One of my favourite days supporting Airdrie, hopefully more of the same this season. We must have a reasonable record up there actually, as I can remember rubbish Airdrie teams winning there, like the double in 12-13 including the last day which sent Dunfermline into the play-offs and then a 1-0 win up there on BBC Alba under Eddie Wolecki-Black. 

12 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Rae
                  McCabe

Yeah. I wish the Club would come out and explain the whole Gow/Development Team situation. Especially are they eligible for selection for the first team?

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

Yeah. I wish the Club would come out and explain the whole Gow/Development Team situation. Especially are they eligible for selection for the first team?

It’s a real strange one. It’s a big open secret and, even then, it’s not much of a secret. Most of the development team played in the friendlies last weekend! Can only think there’s a contractual or registration issue stopping them from announcing things? 

The two boys from Coleraine (Alex Henderson and Jay Riley) are obviously with the squad now too but haven’t been announced yet either. 

Edited by airdrieman

15 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Or the pink one, club making a statement about behaviour, To be honest I can't say I have heard  anything  to deserve a big speel like that. Just get the pen out and stop avoiding what has to be. 

Probably just covering their back with the all the quitongo brothers pish last season,  in saying that has the tribunal finished yet, not heard anything either way, would we or should we hear the outcome though ...

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Probably just covering their back with the all the quitongo brothers pish last season,  in saying that has the tribunal finished yet, not heard anything either way, would we or should we hear the outcome though ...

My thinking also, nothing reported for nearly 3 weeks now.

Is it finished and tribunal considering verdict?

Has there been an out of court settlement?

Quitongo has made serious accusations and especially personally towards PH insinuating that he's a racist. The ramifications of finding in his favour could be extremely damaging. Actually wouldn't surprise me if PH was taking counter action against him!

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

You’d think they could even auction or raffle off the match worn ones. Would generate a fair amount of interest and could give the proceeds to St Andrew’s Hospice or another local charity/organisation. Not as if the strips are going to be used for anything else. 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

It’s a real strange one. It’s a big open secret and, even then, it’s not much of a secret. Most of the development team played in the friendlies last weekend! Can only think there’s a contractual or registration issue stopping them from announcing things? 

The two boys from Coleraine (Alex Henderson and Jay Riley) are obviously with the squad now too but haven’t been announced yet either. 

Waiting for international clearance for Riley and Henderson but they are fully signed up 

On 07/07/2022 at 21:23, GoalForAirdrie said:

Atleast they’ve improvised. Remember in the 11/12 season, we ended up wearing the old Diadora strip from the 07/08 season. Now that was a shambles! Fair play to the club and FN Teamwear for coming up with a solution that keeps the team looking fresh and professional!

Was that the season a new Umbro away strip was trotted out in January with the white and black chevrons? Gawd we’ve had some kit shambles over the years.

42 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

While most teams in the lower leagues seem to be having the same issues, we appear to be in the worst position numbers wise…

So, we have the smallest squad in the league at the moment then?