The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:
9 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:
Needed a left back and signed a left back. He’s only 19 so previous loans being unsuccessful doesn’t necessarily mean much (McInroy had unsuccessful loans before joining us and turned out to be brilliant). I wasn’t particularly impressed with him when watching the Stirling Albion game but very hard to judge a player based on one performance in a friendly match, and more time to settle into the team could do him a world of good, especially as such a young player. Happy to give him a chance and happy we’ve signed somebody.

Might go Cammy B at left back and Watson at right back.

Temporary only please, bugs the life out of me when a wide player is always cutting back on to his good foot.

I'd only count him as a squad filler - really wanting to see better.   Teenage cast offs from what was a Championship club last season doesn't inspire much confidence.   Only two signings of a decent standard so far - lots more to do.   Whilst we can say Supply Chain issues are out of our control the bespoke nature of the kit is hardly a surprise and seems to be late out every-year.  Perhaps get ahead of the queue and order early.   Also why can't we just wear last season's for a few games?

13 minutes ago, CJB said:

I'd only count him as a squad filler - really wanting to see better.   Teenage cast offs from what was a Championship club last season doesn't inspire much confidence.   Only two signings of a decent standard so far - lots more to do.   Whilst we can say Supply Chain issues are out of our control the bespoke nature of the kit is hardly a surprise and seems to be late out every-year.  Perhaps get ahead of the queue and order early.   Also why can't we just wear last season's for a few games?

Cause they've been given to folk who sponsored players

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Athletico Airdrie not got a problem with the temporary strip actually think it will be a cracker and Could well be a best seller if available???

Atleast they’ve improvised. Remember in the 11/12 season, we ended up wearing the old Diadora strip from the 07/08 season. Now that was a shambles! Fair play to the club and FN Teamwear for coming up with a solution that keeps the team looking fresh and professional!

20 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I’ve no idea what this means but it’s funny so I’m all for him signing. Looking forward to him scoring v Clyde and confirming Danny Lennon is a banger in his post-match interview. 

Instant cult hero 

Thought the whole point in the third kit was a standard design that could be readily available. Strange to bring out 4 kits. Would’ve been pretty happy to keep last years shirts this season.

As for the playing side,

Wouldn’t say it’s panic stations as of yet, I don’t think progression in the league cup is on anyones list of top priorities. 

Going by the lack of signings been made I’m not getting my hopes up for another tilt at the league especially given the quality of opposition (sadly).

Edited by Diamond10

10 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I’ve no idea what this means but it’s funny so I’m all for him signing. Looking forward to him scoring v Clyde and confirming Danny Lennon is a banger in his post-match interview. 

He seems to be an accies fan going by his twitter, bizarre post anyway. 

How many players have you guys got signed up? Been quite a slow burner it seems. 

5 signings on top of what we kept last year. Need another few in ASAP but I'd imagine more will come in next week or so.

Rebuild on your end ?

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

He seems to be an accies fan going by his twitter, bizarre post anyway. 

How many players have you guys got signed up? Been quite a slow burner it seems. 

7 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

5 signings on top of what we kept last year. Need another few in ASAP but I'd imagine more will come in next week or so.

Rebuild on your end ?

Very much so and not hard to see why. Did some decent business not long after the season finished then nothing until this week, Peter Grant signing is a big boost. 

Barry Cuddihy(been on trial with accies) and Adam Livingstone have offers to stay but obviously looking at other options. 

I’d imagine keeping a core of your squad last year is a positive, losing Easton is a big loss all the same. Couple of good additions especially Ballantyne, swapping your keeper with Queen of the South isn’t a bad thing either. 

37 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Very much so and not hard to see why. Did some decent business not long after the season finished then nothing until this week, Peter Grant signing is a big boost. 

Barry Cuddihy(been on trial with accies) and Adam Livingstone have offers to stay but obviously looking at other options. 

I’d imagine keeping a core of your squad last year is a positive, losing Easton is a big loss all the same. Couple of good additions especially Ballantyne, swapping your keeper with Queen of the South isn’t a bad thing either. 

Just hope the keeper doesn't watch the ball travel 40 yards in the air without moving like max did against you guys last season!