The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

"Where is my pen?" to the tune of the pixies "where is my mind?" at this rate.

Can imagine it will be out in force , was hoping for it last night but I'll take a pen frenzy tomorrow night.

19 hours ago, Mr November said:

I think you need at least 13 players available for the game to go ahead don't you? I think we'll hear something this week anyway even if it is just a few young guys. I think the club know people would be disappointed if the pen got whipped out for us to just announce Cole Gibson so I've been expecting him and a few other young players to come as part of a bigger announcement about the development team being back.

Pyott maybe get a game 

4 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

How many do we actually have on board for Saturday if we take Salim out as he’s still injured?

I think we’ve all been plenty patient, but I really would expect to have seen a few more by now…

Only got 12 and that's including Hutton and he wasn't involved at the weekend there so might only have 11!! Need 3 or 4 signed at least before Sat.

Expecting about 3-4 pens tomorrow unless we have a late display this evening. I figured Rhys would have seen enough at the weekend to press on with 2-3 signings at least. We basically don’t have enough of a team so there no choice but to get at least a couple signed.

54 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Expecting about 3-4 pens tomorrow unless we have a late display this evening. I figured Rhys would have seen enough at the weekend to press on with 2-3 signings at least. We basically don’t have enough of a team so there no choice but to get at least a couple signed.

Can't see it being this evening the all important diamond lotto numbers are put out on Wednesday's 

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

One bit of news although not announced by the club,  we have a new physio \ sports scientist, a position that was advertised a few weeks ago,  JD Peacock has left Albion Rover s to take up a full time position at Airdrie ,  source Albion Rover s website...I

although this League Cup is not one of our priorities, it is only fair to the sponsors and the full respect should be  given to our opponents for us to field a full squad.

So yes I do expect maybe 3 signings this week,   Centre back Leon Jones,  Left back  Euan Devenney and Dylan Ruiz Diaz.  All 3 I would expect to back ups IF signed......

( cough, cough, )Any word of a qualified coach yet😳😳😳

One bit of news although not announced by the club,  we have a new physio \ sports scientist, a position that was advertised a few weeks ago,  JD Peacock has left Albion Rover s to take up a full time position at Airdrie ,  source Albion Rover s website...I

although this League Cup is not one of our priorities, it is only fair to the sponsors and the full respect should be  given to our opponents for us to field a full squad.
So yes I do expect maybe 3 signings this week,   Centre back Leon Jones,  Left back  Euan Devenney and Dylan Ruiz Diaz.  All 3 I would expect to back ups IF signed......
( cough, cough, )Any word of a qualified coach yet[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
Trying not to be negative but the club should really be on top of these announcements, especially a new physio.

Also if players like Cole Gibson have signed a contract for us in a development team, I think it would be really good to announce these things with a photo, especially as it would be a proud moment for them, and their families too, especially landing a first professional contract in football.

They are good at announcing the lottery numbers and player sponsorships, I think they need to be better at informing the fans via social media of changes within the backroom staff and of recruitment.

22 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I see that’s Kieran MacDonald signed for Edinburgh. I would have thought that was a player that would have been a decent signing for us in a position we currently don’t have anyone for!

We will soon see if he is any good, personally I think he would have been a very good signing . We must be waiting to sign  better or just as good. Come on the pen 

32 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I see that’s Kieran MacDonald signed for Edinburgh. I would have thought that was a player that would have been a decent signing for us in a position we currently don’t have anyone for!

That would have been a very useful player to aign. Now starting to get a bit pissed off at the shambolic communications generally from the club.