The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Came across a highlights video for Dylan Ruiz-Diaz. A lot of the clips the pitch is very wet so it ticks the 'can I do it on a wet Xmas eve at Montrose box'. He looks very positive, can beat a mean but also track back and put a good challenge in. His goal from the half way line was pretty special. If he's playing today, look forward to seeing what he can do

He played a couple of games in the Glasgow Cup as a trialist for us towards the end of the season. Think he did ok but doesn’t seem to have been involved in any of our pre season training 

Don’t think you can play trialists in the League Cup so I would expect a number of signings this week. 

Would be delighted if we bagged Telfer. And by the sounds of things Ruiz-Diaz is worth a go. Josh Jack too might be worth a punt in the Jordan Allan/chuck a forward off the bench role.

Based on his previous loan showings I’d have thought there’d be better options (permanent or loan) than Euan Deveney but if he’s done enough to earn a deal fair enough. How did Leon Jones do at the back today? 

4 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Don’t think you can play trialists in the League Cup so I would expect a number of signings this week. 

Would be delighted if we bagged Telfer. And by the sounds of things Ruiz-Diaz is worth a go. Josh Jack too might be worth a punt in the Jordan Allan/chuck a forward off the bench role.

Based on his previous loan showings I’d have thought there’d be better options (permanent or loan) than Euan Deveney but if he’s done enough to earn a deal fair enough. How did Leon Jones do at the back today? 

Hopefully we get Telfer,   depending if you want o carry a 22 or 23 man squad then Ruiz Diaz would be worth a punt definitely not a starter, Josh Jack the same not a forward a neat and tidy box to box midfielder,    Deve ney did ok in both games,   can see him getting signed but will looking for a starter,  back up in an ideal world,    to be honest it was hard to tell which of the players wer e trialists and who are involved with Gows development team

24 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Euan Devenney is a free agent now 

Leon Jones done a decent job looked solid, he was up against Gregory Tade so he might of made him look like Maldini.

On 30/06/2022 at 20:45, cb_diamond said:

While im by no means a handwringer the lack of info out of the club is quite annoying. Strips, season tickets info initially, signings, youth set ups. Just disjointed bits and bobs or radio silence.

Signings i get until they're official.

There does seem something in the offing for the rumoured youth set up though as the amount of 16-17 year old trialist's on show at the weekend would seem to suggest. ( Okosun, Jay Riley, Cole Gibson, Alex Henderson)