The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I'd be surprised if he gets near the first team given he's only 16yrs old and nobody, other than his gifted writer father, knows how good / honking he is. 

I, like most on here, hope he is sensational, but I am veering towards the 'honking' category given how previous self-confessed protégés have turned out. 

10 hours ago, airdrieman said:

So it turns out Bright Okosun's Facebook page gets even better. 

The best way to success it is said, is to follow the footsteps of those who have successfully journeyed before us. And that is exactly what Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun who will turns 17 years on October 26, 2022 is out to accomplish in far away United Kingdom. Today, he has made significant sensational football skills in United Kingdom as a top scorer.

Having started early, and was discovered at the same age and almost the same manner Leo Messi was discovered and groomed, Bright may end up becoming another whiz kid footballer. Affectionately called Ose by his fans, friends and handlers, he was the latest sensation in the under 17 Central Scotland FA Regional cup final between Summerston YFC and Rossvale FC in the Clyde FC stadium on 12th June, 2022.

This football wonder boy has left no one in doubt that he has been anointed and called to play the round leather game as the spirit of football is upon him. The field is his pulpit, his Bible is his legs, and his message is the gospel of football delivered through scoring goals to the ovation of his spectators whom the stadium is their temple. Once he steps into the field of play, he becomes possessed with the football spirit as the round leather obeys his commands as he meanders his way through like water in a creek, creeping through and tearing the opponent’s defence apart to score goals.

Bright is an embodiment of striking skills. A talented top striker and star in the making. A fast striker with an insatiable appetite for goals, he is aided by excellent sense of positioning. He possesses the energy and technical skills of Ronaldo, the mesmerizing runs of Messi, and the lethal finishing of Eto.
It has been rumored to be sighted by a top club in the premier league but hasn't be confirmed by his management team.

Has been said we are looking for a replacement for Easton.   I do hope it's not another epic level Thomas Robert replacement.   

Belter of a description for a job application.   I'm not sure how many players we have had down the years could be described in such a way.   This post has just made the NL cup a lot more interesting.  

Has been said we are looking for a replacement for Easton.   I do hope it's not another epic level Thomas Robert replacement.   
 Belter of a description for a job application.   I'm not sure how many players we have had down the years could be described in such a way.   This post has just made the NL cup a lot more interesting.  

Controversial opinion but I thought Robert was actually quite good. If it was announced tomorrow that he was returning as a squad option I’d be fairly happy with that. He might need to bulk up a bit though.

10 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

At the very least, get him signed to do the official club comms. Irrespective of his footballing abilities, this guy can write! 😂

The one time you actually want a player’s da to make a P&B account. 

6 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Looks like 'Ose' is a done deal emoji871.pngemoji3532.pnga39cca27384db2c9cd9b133b8a97c520.jpg

Clearly our marquee signing for the season. Maybe the pen will come out to announce him along posing for a photo with the new home top.

8 hours ago, David Fernández said:

There was something in that air tonight, the stars are Bright, Okosun, scoring goals for you and me, for Air-da-ray Okosun!

You've had to mix verses there as the came from Deportivo B section is a non starter though, albeit the "Falkirk are shite" line is still a thing.

7 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Controversial opinion but I thought Robert was actually quite good. If it was announced tomorrow that he was returning as a squad option I’d be fairly happy with that. He might need to bulk up a bit though.

He is clubless and has managed 3 appearances in the Belgian B league since he left. Maybe he spent the other 40 weeks of the season on trial at a dozen different clubs like he did when he was meant to be playing us. Not...with...a...bargepole

He is clubless and has managed 3 appearances in the Belgian B league since he left. Maybe he spent the other 40 weeks of the season on trial at a dozen different clubs like he did when he was meant to be playing us. Not...with...a...bargepole

Aye the trials he was on while contracted to us were bizarre, but the Belgian B league might be a higher standard than the Scottish third tier. All I’m saying is he had some ability, and there was a spell in his season with us where he looked very good, and he’d maybe even have suited our more technically gifted side from last season a bit better than the side he was in. Scored a screamer against Cove and finished off a great team move against Forfar.

24 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Aye the trials he was on while contracted to us were bizarre, but the Belgian B league might be a higher standard than the Scottish third tier. All I’m saying is he had some ability, and there was a spell in his season with us where he looked very good, and he’d maybe even have suited our more technically gifted side from last season a bit better than the side he was in. Scored a screamer against Cove and finished off a great team move against Forfar.

No doubt he was a talented lad, just not as talented as his agent would lead anyone to believe.

6 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Not feeling too hopeful that we barely have a starting 11.

If this NL cup is what dictates who we sign then it’s not looking great. Getting Dean Cairns flashbacks.

It wasn't last year, so don't see why it would be this year. It's just 2 more preseason friendlies. If anyone stands out, as Gabby did last year, then great. But I'd take any starting line up with a pinch of salt this early in preseason. 

8 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Not feeling too hopeful that we barely have a starting 11.

If this NL cup is what dictates who we sign then it’s not looking great. Getting Dean Cairns flashbacks.

Someone literally shared the team from thr NL cup last year and it wasn't even close to the squad we ended up with.  Its a chance to get folk in and look at them. One match will probably be closer to a starting 11 and the other will be a riot of trialists running aboot daft, Same as last year. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

No doubt he was a talented lad, just not as talented as his agent would lead anyone to believe.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, he needs to get his head out the clouds and just focus on playing football. All the stuff with his agent pushing articles in the press and trials here, there & everywhere are just a distraction. If he is good enough he would get the moves up the ladder naturally. 

2 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head, he needs to get his head out the clouds and just focus on playing football. All the stuff with his agent pushing articles in the press and trials here, there & everywhere are just a distraction. If he is good enough he would get the moves up the ladder naturally. 

The lad was going fine for ourselves until Stuart Millar started whoring him about, he was too young to handle it especially with Murray allegedly being forced to play him, when he was clearly gone mentally....

Tory Boy,   any other snippets coming from the club,  it's went quieter than quiet,    The next 7 days sign ings must be made,  although we have been saying that for weeks now...

I see the bookies have odds priced up for our league now. We’re 11/2 with McBookie and William Hill, 6/1 on Bet365 and 7/1 with SkyBet. Fourth favourites behind Dunfermline, Falkirk and QOTS, although the odds would suggest they don’t expect there to be much between us four and Kelty Hearts (well except SkyBet who don’t seem to rate Kelty at all and have them 12/1 behind Alloa)

37 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The lad was going fine for ourselves until Stuart Millar started whoring him about, he was too young to handle it especially with Murray allegedly being forced to play him, when he was clearly gone mentally....

Tory Boy,   any other snippets coming from the club,  it's went quieter than quiet,    The next 7 days sign ings must be made,  although we have been saying that for weeks now...

I've not seen anyone that would really know. Last I'd heard Jackie McNamara had recommended a couple of players for us to look at, McCabe had a couple coming in later this week that he knew, we'd agreed in principle a couple of loan deals and were negotiating with a couple of players the Club felt could fill the place of Easton. But all this was last week so not sure where we're at now.

In my opinion probably the better players on the market will be last minute signings, if and when, they can't find better deals further up the pyramid.

I see someone saying on the Montrose thread Liam Fontaine won't be signing for them as he is going to another League 1 team. I'd like for us to go for him, Broadfoot or similar to give us a bit of experience in the team.