The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

By the same logic, Airdrie have a team that couldn't get promoted. Should anyone be concerned about them? 
On your first point I was gutted to lose Ian Murray, he done an excellent job for us and if it was any other season, we'd probably have went on to win the league just Cove Rangers were unbelievable and went on a 25 game unbeaten run. I'd of loved to have kept Murray.

Your second point, McGlynn is a good appointment for Falkirk, but it doesn't mean overnight success. McGlynn will need time to turn it around. And will need to recruit the right type of players and get the best out of what he has.

3rd point, we took a gamble and tried something different which may or may not pay off. I'd imagine you'd be laughing if we appointed Yogi, David Hopkin or the usual names. We appointed someone who will be looking to carry on what Murray had done for us when he was in charge. If we made a drastic change, I think that would be more difficult.

4th point, I don't think everyone is saying everything is sweet, we have kept a hold of most of our players who were outstanding last season and strengthened in key positions to try and gain promotion this season. We are only at 30th, so wait and see how things pan out.

Final point, Falkirk went in with the big club mentality thinking they were gonna swoosh this league. The same could happen to Dunfermline. You had a squad well capable of challenging for the promotion play offs in the championship and you lost in a play off final to Queens Park. Airdrie/Falkirk/QOS/Dunfermline are where they are for a reason.

So by your logic, should anyone be worried about your lot since you were relegated and beaten by a league 1 team in the play offs? 
It's not his logic, it's your logic. You claim you don't have any concerns about Dunfermline or QoS because they were relegated. He then pointed out that by YOUR logic, Airdrie shouldn't be feared as they failed to get promoted from League 1 last year.

13 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I think in our league it's not just about ability but work rate and effort. Falkirk had plenty players expected to stroll this league. They bottles it and hardly tried a leg. Not saying QoTS will be the same but it could happen. This league ain't as easy as some players think. They'll need to adapt and some do, others don't. Time will tell I guess. 

But it's been proven that it's not purely based on crowd size, budget etc. 

I see this comment got the standard downvote from the VL king of greater grangemouth. What a sad existence that wee laddie has 😂😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I see this comment got the standard downvote from the VL king of greater grangemouth. What a sad existence that wee laddie has 😂😂😂😂

Less than ten minutes for this one to get the same treatment. Genuinely hilarious stuff. Get a new hobby wee fella. 😳😂

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:
So by your logic, should anyone be worried about your lot since you were relegated and beaten by a league 1 team in the play offs? 

It's not his logic, it's your logic. You claim you don't have any concerns about Dunfermline or QoS because they were relegated. He then pointed out that by YOUR logic, Airdrie shouldn't be feared as they failed to get promoted from League 1 last year.

Quote where I said don't have any concerns about Dunfermline or QoTS? 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Quote where I said don't have any concerns about Dunfermline or QoTS? 

15 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Queens have a team that got them relegated, same as Dunfermline. Not concerned by either of them. 

Assume he’ll be in Gow’s development team but at least there’s a name to a face. 

That’s the one that had lots of Gibsons liking his picture on facebook! When I seen he’d been playing for Benburb U18’s I wasn’t sure if he was just there to make up the numbers or not but will be interesting to see how he develops

18 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I've always said that, absolutely loved him as a player, and I know it's a cliche, but he genuinely could have went so far with his talent.

03-04 was my first season supporting Airdrie so I was perhaps too young to fully appreciate him in some ways but he's still by far the most exciting player I've seen play for Airdrie. So direct and skilful, as you say he could have went so much further. Him and Vareille on the wings with Gow and Coyle up top at this level was ridiculously talented.

If we are going with a development team, I wonder if it will be a case of having a smaller first team squad of 17/18 supplemented by the development players. It would be a gamble but it fits with Fordyce's comments about needing another three or four and we don't want a repeat of the last development team where we had almost 40 players on the books for no real reason.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Absolute waster. So much natural talent yet chose to do f**k all with it.

Agreed. Another in the huge line of talented Scottish players who couldn't separate a gold plated opportunity and the crushing peer pressure to be a typical West Central Scotland punter. Having said that I think we got the best version of him when he was with us at the start. He was absolutely mercurial.

17 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Assume he’ll be in Gow’s development team but at least there’s a name to a face. 

So I take it Gows youth academy is happening, been so many snippets here and there and still nothing concrete by the club,    but moving forward should we not be developing our players for the first team which will stop the obsession of some on here for loanees,  admittedly our loanees recently have been decent, but over the course loanees are hit and miss, for every Scott Fraser you get a Scott Smith and for every Kerr McInroy you get a Marco Andreoni. ......  2 of the trialist in the Hamilton game were last season's league 1 loanees. Ryan Devenney ex killie spent time at Falkirk and Clyde and Josh Jack ex St Mirre n spent time at Clyde and latterly L2 Albion Rovers,     If these lads were still attached to Premier League clubs to get loaned out, then that's the accepted "mantra" loanees,   but as soon as there contract runs out at their parent club , clubs start to get picky....and deem them not good enough but are begging for bodies 6 months earlier,  it's little wonder that well run and coached Lowland League clubs are taking our lower leagues on with little resistance... I

To be blunt I would prefer to promote our young players from within and give them a chance, 

So it turns out Bright Okosun's Facebook page gets even better. 

The best way to success it is said, is to follow the footsteps of those who have successfully journeyed before us. And that is exactly what Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun who will turns 17 years on October 26, 2022 is out to accomplish in far away United Kingdom. Today, he has made significant sensational football skills in United Kingdom as a top scorer.

Having started early, and was discovered at the same age and almost the same manner Leo Messi was discovered and groomed, Bright may end up becoming another whiz kid footballer. Affectionately called Ose by his fans, friends and handlers, he was the latest sensation in the under 17 Central Scotland FA Regional cup final between Summerston YFC and Rossvale FC in the Clyde FC stadium on 12th June, 2022.

This football wonder boy has left no one in doubt that he has been anointed and called to play the round leather game as the spirit of football is upon him. The field is his pulpit, his Bible is his legs, and his message is the gospel of football delivered through scoring goals to the ovation of his spectators whom the stadium is their temple. Once he steps into the field of play, he becomes possessed with the football spirit as the round leather obeys his commands as he meanders his way through like water in a creek, creeping through and tearing the opponent’s defence apart to score goals.

Bright is an embodiment of striking skills. A talented top striker and star in the making. A fast striker with an insatiable appetite for goals, he is aided by excellent sense of positioning. He possesses the energy and technical skills of Ronaldo, the mesmerizing runs of Messi, and the lethal finishing of Eto.
It has been rumored to be sighted by a top club in the premier league but hasn't be confirmed by his management team.

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

The best way to success it is said, is to follow the footsteps of those who have successfully journeyed before us. And that is exactly what Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun who will turns 17 years on October 26, 2022 is out to accomplish in far away United Kingdom. Today, he has made significant sensational football skills in United Kingdom as a top scorer.

Having started early, and was discovered at the same age and almost the same manner Leo Messi was discovered and groomed, Bright may end up becoming another whiz kid footballer. Affectionately called Ose by his fans, friends and handlers, he was the latest sensation in the under 17 Central Scotland FA Regional cup final between Summerston YFC and Rossvale FC in the Clyde FC stadium on 12th June, 2022.

This football wonder boy has left no one in doubt that he has been anointed and called to play the round leather game as the spirit of football is upon him. The field is his pulpit, his Bible is his legs, and his message is the gospel of football delivered through scoring goals to the ovation of his spectators whom the stadium is their temple. Once he steps into the field of play, he becomes possessed with the football spirit as the round leather obeys his commands as he meanders his way through like water in a creek, creeping through and tearing the opponent’s defence apart to score goals.

Bright is an embodiment of striking skills. A talented top striker and star in the making. A fast striker with an insatiable appetite for goals, he is aided by excellent sense of positioning. He possesses the energy and technical skills of Ronaldo, the mesmerizing runs of Messi, and the lethal finishing of Eto.
It has been rumored to be sighted by a top club in the premier league but hasn't be confirmed by his management team.

I want this boy signed irrespective of ability.

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Aye, but can he do in a wet and very windy winter's night in Montrose.

9 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

If signing a man with "significant sensational football skills" can't unite our fans then I don't know what will. Make it happen.