15 Cole Gibson
16 Pat Pyott
17 Joshua Tran
18 Alex Henderson
20 Robbie Scullion
21 Kieran Wilson
22 Bright Okosun

this doesn’t fill me with hope at all…

Where did you get that list of names from? 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

This is from Bright Okosun's Facebook page. I am all in - get the boy signed. 

Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, born of a Nigerian parents in Spain, formally played for CD Yuncos, Toledo and Getafe Football Club junior team, Madrid, Spain respectively. and he played for VFR Fischeln 1920 EV, Krefeld, Dusseldolf, Germany. Fortuna Dusseldolf 05, KFC UERDINGEN 05 Krefeld, Germany and presently in Summerston YFC, Glasgow Scotland. He puts himself in that class of top striker in his clubs with his skillful displays on the field of play.
Ose, as he is popularly chanted by fans, often displays ability in his powerful shots. He is a threat to every goal keeper from outside the 18-yard box; he generates many more scoring opportunities for his team always and outruns his opponents on long balls. Defenders may be bigger than him, but with his speed, he frustrates defenders and does what he knows best, that is the scoring abilities.
Surprisingly, Ose was born October 26th, 2015, but looks more than his tender age on the pitch of play with the matured ability to move with the ball on a higher speed and shot at goal post without falling down easily . He reads the play and position himself accordingly, by either freeing up space or getting open for a pass and constantly aware of the offside trap and position himself in front of the last defender.
Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, can score goals with any part of his body. He shoots at goal post with his head, foot and chest. He shows his hunger for goals and finishes the ball controls with any means possible to put the ball at the back of the net easily.
…his future just began as the meaning of his dialectical name “Osemudiamen” means “God stands for/behind me in whatever I do”

I might join the anti-Gallagher movement if it means we can have a front two of Paddy Pyott and Bright Okosun. 

Dylan Ruiz-Diaz played for QP in their Glasgow Cup fixtures last year and was by all accounts fairly handy in those I think, whatever you put into those games. Their fans will likely know more on him.

Josh Jack is a young St Mirren kid that we had two seasons ago, played up front or off the striker and didn’t really do much. He was quite lightweight from what I remember but he may have bulked up a bit with age and full time training. He was at Albion Rovers last season.

16 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I looked up Ruiz-Diaz since the name was more interesting and see he’s Australian

Ruiz Diaz was training at qp the last few months of the season and played as a trialist in a few of our Glasgow Cup matches. Can’t say he stood out by any means when I watched him play, although he looked okay technically. Maybe he just wasn’t fully fit 

Just now, Mr November said:

I might join the anti-Gallagher movement if it means we can have a front two of Paddy Pyott and Bright Okosun. 

Heard on good authority that Pat Pending, Richard Dastardly and Rufus Ruffcut (American International) have been training with us. Add them to that 22.

47 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Have you got it in for me or something lol? Can you read that knowing very few and say it fills 

Aye absolutely out to get ye. 

Just asking how we can pass judgement on players we've never seen before ? We do this every year , get raging before we even get a chance to be raging about something. What big name signing should we be bringing in ? We've kept players from the  team of the season from last year and added one. Two strikers with 16 + goals from last year. Why is everyone so doom and gloom ? 

Edited by Rossm25

24 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

This is from Bright Okosun's Facebook page. I am all in - get the boy signed. 

Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, born of a Nigerian parents in Spain, formally played for CD Yuncos, Toledo and Getafe Football Club junior team, Madrid, Spain respectively. and he played for VFR Fischeln 1920 EV, Krefeld, Dusseldolf, Germany. Fortuna Dusseldolf 05, KFC UERDINGEN 05 Krefeld, Germany and presently in Summerston YFC, Glasgow Scotland. He puts himself in that class of top striker in his clubs with his skillful displays on the field of play.
Ose, as he is popularly chanted by fans, often displays ability in his powerful shots. He is a threat to every goal keeper from outside the 18-yard box; he generates many more scoring opportunities for his team always and outruns his opponents on long balls. Defenders may be bigger than him, but with his speed, he frustrates defenders and does what he knows best, that is the scoring abilities.
Surprisingly, Ose was born October 26th, 2015, but looks more than his tender age on the pitch of play with the matured ability to move with the ball on a higher speed and shot at goal post without falling down easily . He reads the play and position himself accordingly, by either freeing up space or getting open for a pass and constantly aware of the offside trap and position himself in front of the last defender.
Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, can score goals with any part of his body. He shoots at goal post with his head, foot and chest. He shows his hunger for goals and finishes the ball controls with any means possible to put the ball at the back of the net easily.
…his future just began as the meaning of his dialectical name “Osemudiamen” means “God stands for/behind me in whatever I do”

"Roy of the rovers" might be available. 

18 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Aye absolutely out to get. 

Just asking how we can pass judgement on players we've never seen before ? We do this every year , get raging before we even get a chance to be raging about something. What big name signing should we be bringing in ? We've kept players from the  team of the season from last year and added one. Two strikers with 16 + goals from last year. Why is everyone so doom and gloom ? 

Waiting on the pen with some journeyman players. Maybe manager doesn't want to sign players older than himself. 

32 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Surprisingly, Ose was born October 26th, 2015, but looks more than his tender age on the pitch of play with the matured ability to move with the ball on a higher speed and shot at goal post without falling down easily . 

Nigerian 6 year olds are some size! He'd defo be the best fighter in primary 2 at Clarkson Primary!

Just now, Jack Reed said:

Waiting on the pen with some journeyman players. Maybe manager doesn't want to sign players older than himself. 

Why do we want journey men ? That sort of recruitment has been a disaster for us in the past. David Lilley etc. 

The age thing maybe for some but there's plenty young managers these days if you look outwith Scotland,  like folk keep saying we need to when I point out the amount of goals gal gets compared to other strikers in our leagues and im met with "There's other leagues out with scotland" 

And then we bring in players who are from other leagues and not known and then folk rage about them being not good enough cause they aren't household names! Ye canny win man!

I reckon a lot of those trialists will be involved in the NL Cup games at the weekend, same as last season when our squad for those fixtures was made up of trialists. Of last season’s NL Cup trialists I think we only signed Gabby, Lyons and McDonald, so I’d expect something similar where very few of those boys are actually signed (without knowing much about any of these players my money’s on McMaster, Vata and Euan Deveney). I think we’ll start making other “first team” signings and some loans during the League Cup group stage.

Very uninspiring list of names that, i'll reserve judgement until they play of course but surely some of these guys aren't much better than the likes if McDonald, Lyons, Allan etc what's the point of releasing them if we're gonna replace with them with these types of signings.

4 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Very uninspiring list of names that, i'll reserve judgement until they play of course but surely some of these guys aren't much better than the likes if McDonald, Lyons, Allan etc what's the point of releasing them if we're gonna replace with them with these types of signings.

Lyons was injured more than he was fit , and the others probably wanted more game time I reckon. 

And don't get me wrong I'm not excited by that list but I'm not fuming about it either. 

4b5bc45d9101bb3057b3f1866708b84d.jpg

For comparison, this is where we were this time last season (that’s the team that played Cumbernauld Colts in the NL Cup). Frizzell had been signed at this point it should be said, but was out injured. We’ve got four of those named players still in the squad now, plus Frizzell who was injured and McGill who was one of the trialists. After this we signed Salim and Smith who we still have now. Currie’s been replaced with Rae, Wardrop’s been belatedly replaced by Ballantyne, Cantley’s been replaced by Hutton. We’ve brought in Devenny as well, but I wouldn’t call him a direct replacement for any of those named players. We’re definitely a bit lighter than we were this time last season, but I think we’ve got a bit more quality now, with the exception of Easton of course.