The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Didn't play an awful lot but looked handy enough. That tackle he made before Jordan Allan's winner v Dumbarton was sublime so more of that please. Ultimately, we're going to need some squad players so I'm happy for Devenny to fill that role. Big vibes of announcing Jay Cantley before going on to announce Rhys McCabe and Dylan Easton in the same afternoon ;) (hopefully). 

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Didn't play an awful lot but looked handy enough. That tackle he made before Jordan Allan's winner v Dumbarton was sublime so more of that please. Ultimately, we're going to need some squad players so I'm happy for Devenny to fill that role. Big vibes of announcing Jay Cantley before going on to announce Rhys McCabe and Dylan Easton in the same afternoon ;) (hopefully). 

I was actually looking at the signings from last year. Was surprised how many came in after the NL tournament thingy. Folk make out we had our full squad in place by then but we didn't really. 

17 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Solid young player, still developing, may see him stepping up this season. But we aren’t going to win or challenge for the league with U21 players. We need more….. ink

Did look to have ability and has a bit of size about him but looking like a cheap "squad" player although happy to be proved wrong.

Guys only 18 and got bags of potential, heard some really good things from Killie fans about him when he was there too, and hopefully he can show a bit more at us this season.

Good to get him on a permanent deal rather than a loan too. As @airdriemanpointed out, his tackle against Dumbarton to lead to the goal was quality.

Not quite the marquee signing we were thinking, but hopefully that paves the way for a 7ft West Ham Striker, a big unit or Lewis MacLeod 😉

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

Guys only 18 and got bags of potential, heard some really good things from Killie fans about him when he was there too, and hopefully he can show a bit more at us this season.

Good to get him on a permanent deal rather than a loan too. As @airdriemanpointed out, his tackle against Dumbarton to lead to the goal was quality.

Not quite the marquee signing we were thinking, but hopefully that paves the way for a 7ft West Ham Striker, a big unit or Lewis MacLeod 😉

Not sure why you’d want Lewis McLeod. Guys broken 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure why you’d want Lewis McLeod. Guys broken 

Would be a risk, but who isn't. I think if a pay as you play deal was offered and he kept fit, for league 1 level he would stroll it.

Was suggested on here a while back by a poster but it's not one I can see happen anyways.

I was actually looking at the signings from last year. Was surprised how many came in after the NL tournament thingy. Folk make out we had our full squad in place by then but we didn't really. 

We used a lot of trialists in those games if I remember right, including Matty McDonald, Luke Lyons and Gabby McGill who all signed and guys like Ally Taylor and Harris O’Connor who didn’t.

Would be a risk, but who isn't. I think if a pay as you play deal was offered and he kept fit, for league 1 level he would stroll it.
Was suggested on here a while back by a poster but it's not one I can see happen anyways.

I think the taxi driver that told me was lying…. But who knows, he may show up in NL cup for a game so we can analyze his progress. Like you said, would stroll the league if fully fit