The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

13 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

And a wee sign of the pen, 

We should be seeing the pen out soon i think. Don't like the ITK stuff but the club has absolutely signed players they haven't announced yet. Not sure why there's a delay on announcing things but I'm sure the club has a good reason.  

14 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Niang would be a good signing, always good to have a bit of dig in the middle of the park. I was hoping we'd be taking a look at him if Partick were letting him go.

@LeodhasXD how did you find him for you lot last year?

Russell Mclean not so much, got to ask yourself why Peterhead are happy to let him go especially given he's just scored 12 goals last season, don't rate him at all.

Great combative midfielder. Quick and strong, sometimes raw in the challenge and will pick up a red or two when he gets it wrong and sometimes makes the wrong pass but if you watched the Celtic game back made 10 or 11 brilliant tackles against the highest opposition. He wins the ball at times where you don't expect him to. Sets up a lot of counter attacks. 

12 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

If we’re trying to get excited over Mendy and Niang coming in then we could be in big bother! People in the stand were actually laughing at how bad mendy was at the home game 

Mendy has been purely fan speculation,  as folk have said multiple times , he's in France so it was not him in the training photos. 

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Mendy has been purely fan speculation,  as folk have said multiple times , he's in France so it was not him in the training photos. 

And his 'signing' was info taken from the Facebook group which is full of slaverers so I would not take that suggestion seriously whatsoever. 

Niang is a player I've always liked. 

Until someone is signed then it's all rumour and speculation but  most names banded about probably have some substance to them.

Jim Mcinally at Peterhead says there seems to be "fewer players" around in the current market.

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Until someone is signed then it's all rumour and speculation but  most names banded about probably have some substance to them.

Jim Mcinally at Peterhead says there seems to be "fewer players" around in the current market.

I'd disagree that most names have some substance.

There's literally folk just saying things like "I've always liked X player" and then 3 posts later you get. 

"X player has signed for someone else, can't believe the club didn't sign him" 

That then gets labelled as a player we've failed to get and folk get angry for no reason over it , when the club probably haven't went for them in the first place. I know it's silly season but as @airdrieman said , it's just lads posting on here or Facebook. 

I love a good bit of speculation and rumour but for folk to then get huffy because we've not went for a player we were never in for is just bizarre. 

11 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'd disagree that most names have some substance.

There's literally folk just saying things like "I've always liked X player" and then 3 posts later you get. 

"X player has signed for someone else, can't believe the club didn't sign him" 

That then gets labelled as a player we've failed to get and folk get angry for no reason over it , when the club probably haven't went for them in the first place. I know it's silly season but as @airdrieman said , it's just lads posting on here or Facebook. 

I love a good bit of speculation and rumour but for folk to then get huffy because we've not went for a player we were never in for is just bizarre. 

What, are you disagreeing there's no substance to a black arm?

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

What, are you disagreeing there's no substance to a black arm?

That it's a leap to connect it to Mendy. And then even more of a leap for folk to get upset that we are signing Mendy. When it's not him...

My ITK posts have been correct so far about Hutton and the management duo but the Celtic keeper could well end up being the next West Ham striker.

Also hearing rumours that glossy programmes will be coming back next year? Can anyone confirm.

What position you hoping for? 

We only have 10 players and we pretty much need players in every position (apart from right back) so any would do, provided it’s a good player. I’d say forwards would be the lowest priority right now other than right back but we still need to bring one or two in so even that would be welcome.