The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

18 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

One that may have a an impact on our budget if it doesn't go our way (not sure of there money involved) 

I would have thought we would have had insurance for this kind of thing although I guess Legal fees might be involved? 

Getting a bit worried now by lack of signings, especialy given the one new player we have brought in was signed by Murray before he left...

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

If we are going to challenge for top 4, we will need a lot better players than Devenney......  Interesting that we just have a raft of trialists at training, surely we could have identified targets by now and got them signed up....

Concern shared with regards to trialist's unless of course they're unknown's from agent's. (English non league, Irish or abroad) 

I thought Devenny looked ok but not ready yet and would fall into the "squad player" category. We have 12 player's roughly still to sign, half of which need to be certain or serious contenders for starting every week and it seems to me that most of these could well be loanees.

Also i see Rhys suggesting that we need to replace Dylan, not easy but i'd be happy to reduce the squad by 1 or 2 for a quality player.

Time to play everyone's favourite game, spot the trialist! They've managed to carefully select pictures where we can generally only see players already signed up but there's a couple of guys in there that I don't recognise. Gabby McGill being there confirms he'll be back too.

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Time to play everyone's favourite game, spot the trialist! They've managed to carefully select pictures where we can generally only see players already signed up but there's a couple of guys in there that I don't recognise. Gabby McGill being there confirms he'll be back too.

Is that Salim training in one of the photos as well ? That's good to see. 

The trialists in the photos I have no idea who they are, they look very young.

Noticed Calum Gallagher wasn't in the photos so hope he isn't injured.

Hutton the only goal keeper in the photos and no Josh Rae as was suggested by a few other posters on here.

Good to see the core of the squad back in pre season, squad looking ridiculously thin but hoping that we strengthen in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

Hutton the only goal keeper in the photos and no Josh Rae as was suggested by a few other posters on here.

Good to see the core of the squad back in pre season, squad looking ridiculously thin but hoping that we strengthen in the next few weeks.

Think Gal is part time so he maybe wouldn't be there today. 

As much as it pains me to say it  , it might be tomorrow or Thursday before we see any signings if lads are on trial this week. Providing they are good.

Gal’s part time so hopefully he just wasn’t available for that training session and will be back in for a night time session

35 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Think Gal is part time so he maybe wouldn't be there today. 

As much as it pains me to say it  , it might be tomorrow or Thursday before we see any signings if lads are on trial this week. Providing they are good.

We have been saying that for weeks now,   not convinced by the propaganda  interview  by McCabe eiher.

Interesting to see  championship side Morton delving into he League 1 jobbers to sign Grant Gillespie a nd Jai Quitongo from Queens Park if that is what is getting picked up from teams league above, what hope have we got..😧😧

17 minutes ago, Passionate said:

We have been saying that for weeks now,   not convinced by the propaganda  interview  by McCabe eiher.

Interesting to see  championship side Morton delving into he League 1 jobbers to sign Grant Gillespie a nd Jai Quitongo from Queens Park if that is what is getting picked up from teams league above, what hope have we got..😧😧

Propaganda is a bit strong haha

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Think he's been on holiday so maybe not back yet.