The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

We're defo light up top. Salim is still an unknown quantity. Will he ever be fit? Will he ever find form? Fingers crossed he comes good.

He'll score at least 3 against us next season I reckon. Dunno if he has a chip on his shoulder that he never got a chance at us but he certainly plays well when he faces us.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He'll score at least 3 against us next season I reckon. Dunno if he has a chip on his shoulder that he never got a chance at us but he certainly plays well when he faces us.

If that happens then it'll be karma for Ally Roy taking the pish the last time youse humped us! Super Ally got subbed and stopped in front of Murray to roll his socks down. A total "Get it up ye!" moment!

17 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

This is a complete guess but I think we’ll announce two or three players on Saturday when our pre-season preparation officially begins. Not expecting anything tonight or tomorrow.

Notice Rico acusing Airdrie again, 

27 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

What's this?

Just seen the news article on the BBC site ...

Matty mcdonald has joined the open goal,  broomhill fc for next year.   The first few games with us he looked decent but after missing a few months with injury he didn't look the same.  Interesting choice to go to a team that finished 15th in the lowland league.   Seems with the open goal/ si ferry link they could will be the next lowland league side with higher ambition.  Also moving to Broadwood this season  have to say I'd be sad to see the wee rovers drop out of the senior leagues.. 

31 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Same accusation this is just the tribunal.

What I don't get though is he admits the clubs put a statement out condoning racism and accepts their investigation hit a dead end...

But the police has said there was racist abuse involved , so did they identify the person ? Odd.

Matty mcdonald has joined the open goal,  broomhill fc for next year.   The first few games with us he looked decent but after missing a few months with injury he didn't look the same.  Interesting choice to go to a team that finished 15th in the lowland league.   Seems with the open goal/ si ferry link they could will be the next lowland league side with higher ambition.  Also moving to Broadwood this season  have to say I'd be sad to see the wee rovers drop out of the senior leagues.. 

Agreed but it seems inevitable with the way lowland league clubs are spending, as well as decent potential from highland league clubs too. Think the best thing would be to expand the lower leagues a bit, three 12s instead of 10s or something like that, to bring in some of these clubs and create a better cushion for the historical clubs like the rovers. Already seen East Stirling, Berwick, Brechin and now Cowdenbeath fall away. If anything it’s impressive that the Rovers have survived longer than all of those teams (well except East Stirling they were honking for years)

11 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Easy to forget he was man of the match in that Motherwell game. His cross that Ferry sliced in ok the last day must have been enough for him to sign him. 

41 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Agreed but it seems inevitable with the way lowland league clubs are spending, as well as decent potential from highland league clubs too. Think the best thing would be to expand the lower leagues a bit, three 12s instead of 10s or something like that, to bring in some of these clubs and create a better cushion for the historical clubs like the rovers. Already seen East Stirling, Berwick, Brechin and now Cowdenbeath fall away. If anything it’s impressive that the Rovers have survived longer than all of those teams (well except East Stirling they were honking for years)

I'd agree with league reconstruction of some kind would be good for a lot of clubs.  Also agree regarding the rovers doing Well to still be a league 2 side.  I think it's more impressive they didn't cave to development companies and sell Cliftonhill to move to little one stand corner of Coatbridge like quite a few others eg dumbarton and East Fife.   The only thing for them keeping their own ground is the other one stand plastic pitches can be rented out to make a different source of income.   Much like our own stadium has more than one regular home team. 

Edited by Ballboy

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Same accusation this is just the tribunal.

What I don't get though is he admits the clubs put a statement out condoning racism and accepts their investigation hit a dead end...

But the police has said there was racist abuse involved , so did they identify the person ? Odd.

It won't be for his ability to play football  that he will be in the limelight, 

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've signed Scott Walker from yourselves - he's not a player I know much about, but what can we expect?

He's been billed as a full-back that can play on the right and the left.

In a couple of words.... An honest pro.

The most technically gifted player? No 

A rampaging attacking full back? Nope 

But you will get a team mate who will try his hardest and try and be as important a member of the squad as he can, whether that's starting at right back, filling in on the left where he's visibly weaker, I'm sure he even played centre half or that's where he LIKES to play.  I think for that league you've got yourself a good, versatile hard working squad member.