The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

When we released the makeweights from the squad (Jordan Allan etc) I had a bit of positivity that this meant we were looking at bringing in a better calibre of player.

Unfortunately, the list of available players who would improve the squad seem to be rapidly evaporating, and we are now starting to discuss players who aren't any better than we had on the bench last year, which is not a good place to be.

Would like to see some signing news soon rather than telling raith rovers fans etc about last seasons squad.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Boyd is probably an 8 to 10 goal striker,  not great, it remember Smith was only getting 6 or so until his breakout season just ended,   brings us into the elephant in the room can you see Murray coming in for Smith before the season, possibly.....   Maybe that is the reason we could be *loading* up on forward players....

I’d be surprised if that happened as Raith seem to have plenty of guys who can play out wide and cut inside but lack a real focal point up front, which as much as I like Smith isn’t really his role. He’d be a huge loss if he left though. 

I see season tickets are on sale from Monday, with Club 1924 members (I’m still waiting on my tie/chiffon scarf!) getting early access from today. Hopefully some good news over the next few days to go alongside it.

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I see season tickets are on sale from Monday, with Club 1924 members (I’m still waiting on my tie/chiffon scarf!) getting early access from today. Hopefully some good news over the next few days to go alongside it.

I've got a funny feeling that just before the season tickets go on sale, we'll have a decent bit of signing news this coming weekend.

absolutely not ITK or even heard anything regarding that, but it would make sense.

I hope.

Please.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I've got a funny feeling that just before the season tickets go on sale, we'll have a decent bit of signing news this coming weekend.

absolutely not ITK or even heard anything regarding that, but it would make sense.

I hope.

Please.

Yeah it certainly makes sense. I suspect most of us will renew anyway but it's sensible to throw a few signings in later this week to boost sales and create some excitement. 

16 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The 1924 members need some kind of Brucey bonus, I don't actually mind it TBH, we'll all still get one either way, as you allude to.

Yeah it doesn't bother me, just seems a bit pointless.

With regards to the 1924 Club. As @Mr November says the members haven't received their tie/chiffon scarf. Obviously didn't happen last season due to Covid but memebers are also supposed to be invited up to some sort of open day with the kit launch and Q&A with directors & management.

Edited by Tory Boy

2 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

Yeah it doesn't bother me, just seems a bit pointless.

With regards to the 1924 Club. As @Mr November says the members haven't received their tie/chiffon scarf. Obviously didn't happen last season due to Covid but memebers are also supposed to be invited up to some sort of open day with the kit launch and Q&A with directors & management.

Agreed. I don’t particularly care about the tie thing or getting early access for a season ticket but there’s always someone who will complain if there hadn’t been much of a 1924 incentive.

I do think the club probably have to do a bit more for people who have it though. Most people who got it probably did so purely to support the club during the pandemic but we’re at a point now where attendances are back to normal and the cost of living is through the roof. Chucking Airdrie £20 every month for no real benefit is an easy thing to stop for most people with the cost of more important things rising. 

7 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I hope.

Please.

You better not let me down with this like that rapscallion @David Fernández!!! 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

With the way things are going, the apparent unannounced signings will be showing up to the Broadwood Cup wearing Rey Mysterio masks. 

Aye the Airdrie fans have to guess who we have signed up, 

16 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Not exactly an exciting thing but i know that Gabby is on two years so he will be here next season. Was speaking to someone who knows him tonight. 

Personally   if Gabby is still here still only 21  given game time he will be a handful for defences this season, 

58 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

With the way things are going, the apparent unannounced signings will be showing up to the Broadwood Cup wearing Rey Mysterio masks. 

45 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye the Airdrie fans have to guess who we have signed up, 

Free pie first game of the season for the first one of you to write "ANNOUNCE REY MYSTERIO JNR" under the next pitch update post on Twitter or Facebook.

18 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Personally   if Gabby is still here still only 21  given game time he will be a handful for defences this season, 

Aye I reckon he would have been on double figures if he had stayed fit