The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

As luck would have it posted on twitter not long ago.
image.png.9eafde6e25319c54fa4432b51582b122.png

Few comments

- yes profit of 92k but this would include all the government support that the club would have received. Most businesses ended up showing a larger profit than expected due to this
- cash flow at the year end would also have taken this into account. Given it is some time ago then that cash balance will be reduced significantly
- yes the club has net current liabilities. This essentially means that if these liabilities were called in then we wouldn’t have enough liquid assets to cash in to allow these to be paid
- however, the majority of these liabilities are owed to other companies under the ownership of PH. As such, they almost certainly won’t be called in and we won’t be paying interest on them.
- I would imagine this is similar to a lot of clubs in Scotland whereby there are large loans to an individual/company.
- the stadium and club both being owned by PH is definitely a bonus but we are essentially at the mercy of him staying or not (unless someone else comes in and buy him out but I can’t imagine he would want to get rid of the stadium. So you would be back to different people owning the club and the stadium).

Tumbleweed flowing through this thread,  even a financial statement  couldn't stir the loins of the faithful..   That's our rivals back in training as of this weekend with Dunfermline,  Falkirk and QOS  turning up the heat in the new signing stakes this week....   Where as we have heard nothing even our ITKs have disappeared,  quietest close season for years which normally is not a  good thing from an Airdrie perspective.....  The club have to get used to LMA (Life after murray), without going over my previous posts, we seem behind the 8 ball even this early.....compared to our rivals..

The club really need to throw us a fish now and again...   Any word on pre season  friendlies, Season Tickets,  New kit ( umbro or not) not to mention a qualified coach or two....

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Tumbleweed flowing through this thread,  even a financial statement  couldn't stir the loins of the faithful..   That's our rivals back in training as of this weekend with Dunfermline,  Falkirk and QOS  turning up the heat in the new signing stakes this week....   Where as we have heard nothing even our ITKs have disappeared,  quietest close season for years which normally is not a  good thing from an Airdrie perspective.....  The club have to get used to LMA (Life after murray), without going over my previous posts, we seem behind the 8 ball even this early.....compared to our rivals..

The club really need to throw us a fish now and again...   Any word on pre season  friendlies, Season Tickets,  New kit ( umbro or not) not to mention a qualified coach or two....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz….. you woke me up!!! What’s going on??? What? 

tooooo sloooowww……   Thought we’d be making some progress on the recruitment front this week 

25 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Wondering if the young goalie from Celtic deal has gone now they have colts in Lowland league

They had a colts team last year and we still had 3 celtic players on loan  

36 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Wondering if the young goalie from Celtic deal has gone now they have colts in Lowland league

Why would we want an 18 year old youth keeper anyway, we got stung with Roman a few years back,  an experienced keeper is all you need at this level...

57 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Would personally like them to post the lottery numbers more often. 

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Why would we want an 18 year old youth keeper anyway, we got stung with Roman a few years back,  an experienced keeper is all you need at this level...

I've heard from a referee no less, that he's a cracking keeper. And would be cracking at our level. Whether he comes to us or not I'm none the wiser. But he is meant to be fantastic 

4 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I've heard from a referee no less, that he's a cracking keeper. And would be cracking at our level. Whether he comes to us or not I'm none the wiser. But he is meant to be fantastic 

Have you heard any other signing rumours,   what is your opinion on the new regime 

Just now, airdrieman said:

Even the pitch updates have ceased! #WeWantAlanGow

Murray was interviewed on DTV priors the Montrose game talking abou the exciting things happening in the club in the close season,  surely it's not just the new pitch.....

45 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Yeh, there's no doubt that LMA, despite all the niceties has left us in this position with regards to players.

Craig Watson and Cammy Ballantyne have publicly stated that their deals were done prior to Rhys's appointment and perhaps others, so the lack of player signing's is unsurprising. No doubt IM had a list of targets with PH of which Rhys now has to review, delete and add to. He'll be very aware it's the one he needs to get right given the fact that his age has put him bang in the spotlight.

Friendlies, season tickets, kit etc yes we do seem to be a tad slow.

25 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Have you heard any other signing rumours,   what is your opinion on the new regime 

Nah nothing on signings,  not ITK at all, just was discussing that young celtic keeper with a ref who works at that level and says the boy is very good and is a bit of a character as well. 

What new regime? Rhys et al? 

Yeah not panic stations quite yet but hopefully tomorrow or at the latest the start of next week we will hear some news.

As much as the fringe players never really played we’ll need to pad the team out with new squad players. Probably 20 is the minimum we should be aiming to run on. 

Bob McHugh was a player I thought might interest us but I see he’s Signed for East Kilbride.

Hopefully get season tickets up for sale too as other clubs are weeks ahead on that front.

Edited by Diamond10

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Yeh, there's no doubt that LMA, despite all the niceties has left us in this position with regards to players.

Craig Watson and Cammy Ballantyne have publicly stated that their deals were done prior to Rhys's appointment and perhaps others, so the lack of player signing's is unsurprising. No doubt IM had a list of targets with PH of which Rhys now has to review, delete and add to. He'll be very aware it's the one he needs to get right given the fact that his age has put him bang in the spotlight.

Friendlies, season tickets, kit etc yes we do seem to be a tad slow.

Friendly wise. We're taking part in that cup competition over at Broadwood again. I think it's Stirling Albion that's taking Clyde's place. 

I heard there were some other deals done (other than Gabby no names) but haven't a clue why they haven't been announced. Hoping it's just folk on holidays rather than deals falling through due to change of manager. 

This time of year is always frustrating. Must check the Twitter page every couple of hours hoping something pops up.