The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

25 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Notice that Grant Savoury has confirmed his departure from Peterhead. His name was being banded around at the QP play off final as a rumoured signing, hope it's true as he looks very decent.

Not sure how sweet that deal would be...

I'll get my coat

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wondering if Grant Savoury will be on Airdrie's radar? Potential replacement for Easton. Very big boots to fill I know but thought he was a standout at Peterhead.

Some goal he scored (I'm sure it was him) in the farcical 1-1 end of season spectacular 😂

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wondering if Grant Savoury will be on Airdrie's radar? Potential replacement for Easton. Very big boots to fill I know but thought he was a standout at Peterhead.

Was excellent when I seen him too and scored a cracking goal against us. Hopefully with Grant Savoury signing and a few loans that would be able to replace Easton in midfield.

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was a player Murray had enquired about,  him,Scott Brown and C Ballantyne were the players MUrray wanted to improve the Airdrie squad....I

Good player we have a position to fill where he plays,  has Rhys followed up MUrray's initial interest or maybe he has his own targets...

34 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Clyde have signed three-time Airdrie starlet, Jordan Allan. As I understand it, he enjoyed some modest acclaim for his efforts with yourselves last season - what can we expect from him?

He has never really had a run of games ever in his three spells, which I suspect tells a tale in its own right. For me he was best as an impact sub to come on and harry, run at and annoy tired defenders. I just don't know what to say about Jordan, he's not awful, he's not great. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with a consistent run of games. He may do well.

32 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Says he’s talking to Championship clubs and saw Hamish Ritchie was too. My immediate thought was Cove

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Says he’s talking to Championship clubs and saw Hamish Ritchie was too. My immediate thought was Cove

We had Hamish for what seemed like a few weeks and then he left and later joined Peterhead. He's a local lad so wouldn't surprise me if he joined us.

Savoury I expect will go back down near the central belt if he can get a FT offer.

So far we've been extremely quiet on the signing front. Expect some activity since we're now in June

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Some goal he scored (I'm sure it was him) in the farcical 1-1 end of season spectacular 😂

Yeah it was him. He's got that ability to step by a man. Looks dangerous when on the ball. Defensively I haven't seen too much of him 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

He was a player Murray had enquired about,  him,Scott Brown and C Ballantyne were the players MUrray wanted to improve the Airdrie squad....I

Good player we have a position to fill where he plays,  has Rhys followed up MUrray's initial interest or maybe he has his own targets...

Hopefully Murray let's McCabe have this one as sounds like he hijacked Scott Brown!

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would expect that he has already agreed where he's going before he announced his Peterhead departure.

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Clyde have signed three-time Airdrie starlet, Jordan Allan. As I understand it, he enjoyed some modest acclaim for his efforts with yourselves last season - what can we expect from him?

Our fans love(d) him because he’s local. Demanded he was played every week despite not really doing much and some confusingly wanted him kept over our top goal scorer Gallagher. Runs about, scored a few composed finishes over the season. Will be interesting to see how he does with a run of games, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Our fans love(d) him because he’s local. Demanded he was played every week despite not really doing much and some confusingly wanted him kept over our top goal scorer Gallagher. Runs about, scored a few composed finishes over the season. Will be interesting to see how he does with a run of games, I guess.

I always see everyone saying he’s local, but is he not from Hamilton (Burnbank)? Fairly local to be fair but not from Airdrie if that’s what folk believe. Good look to the lad though, I can see him having a right good season at Clyde assuming that he’ll be getting a good run of starts!

I think Allan will be a good signing for Clyde, should get some goals (probably against us), not as effective as Gallagher but a decent signing for a team aiming for mid table / outside bet for the promotion playoffs which I guess is what Clyde will targetting, I would take fourth place for us right enough...

I was thinking with the work going on at the stadium with the pitch has their been anymore on a safe standing area at the stadium?   I know it was talked about a few seasons ago before covid.   Anyone know if it's still being considered or is the idea a non starter? 

Cammy Ballantyne done a short interview with the Daily Record and states he's got a 2 year deal with us.

Find it really odd that the club don’t tell us this. Same with Watson saying he signed his contract months ago but couldn’t talk about it until we announced it recently. I don’t really understand the benefit of keeping things secretive like that.

15 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Find it really odd that the club don’t tell us this. Same with Watson saying he signed his contract months ago but couldn’t talk about it until we announced it recently. I don’t really understand the benefit of keeping things secretive like that.

Yeah strange, looking at it i think we're the only club when we announce players we don't announce the contract length seems every other club in the league do.