The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

DavidHutton is a decent signing always thought their was little between him and Currie.

Slight issue I have is he is a Part Time No2 and GK coach to Bring on a rumoured 18 year old Full time keeper from the top league,  how would it work ? I hope we don't get saddled with another 'rohan' situation, a young raw laddie sent to us to make his mistakes and learn from them etc....

There is a definite cut in the Keeper dept, Jim Low leaving being replaced by a player coach (hutts)...    Is this austerity kicking in or are all resources being put into the new signings,    Not being overly negative , just trying to keep a lid on things, there is a lot going on....

46 minutes ago, Passionate said:

There is a definite cut in the Keeper dept, Jim Low leaving being replaced by a player coach (hutts)...    Is this austerity kicking in or are all resources being put into the new signings,    Not being overly negative , just trying to keep a lid on things, there is a lot going on....

Jim Low and Max were part time, not sure about Cantley therefore i'm not seeing much difference unless of course the expected young goalie is mince.

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Jim Low and Max were part time, not sure about Cantley therefore i'm not seeing much difference unless of course the expected young goalie is mince.

Who is going to train the Part Time keeper (Hutts) and who is going to train the apparent FT new keeper....

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Who is going to train the Part Time keeper (Hutts) and who is going to train the apparent FT new keeper....

Well the "new" keeper will be trained at Celtic mainly and i would assume he will be at the part time nights with Hutts.

As I have stated in a previous post, Max Currie did not have real competition for his position. This in my opinion was disasterous for us in the end as we could have relied on a replacement for the play off games. Let's be honest, Max cost us big time when it really mattered, that is why he has moved on. Murray's goal for QP was almost a carbon copy of the Alloa/Henderson goal that Max lost some weeks before the finals and his decicion making up at Montrose was shocking. No harm to the guy but we could all sense his nervousness during the 'big' games .