The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We’ve got 19 players under contract, 6 of them youngsters, 3 of which hasn’t had much game time if any Bow, Mahady, Masson, bow is getting released from what I’ve heard, Mahady might be as well as he struggled at Burntisland shipyard, Masson might be loaned.

so that 3 spaces to fill plus our out of contracted players not all of them are going to re-sign, so there’s a lot more work to be done than what people think 

Other than Easton & McCabe i doubt he'll want any of the others but as someone said earlier i'm pretty sure he'd go after Kerr McInroy although all 3 mentioned are midfielders.

9 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Good player guys, how do you think he'll do in the championship?

Was excellent for us last season, was able to produce the moment of magic when we needed it and when no one else on the pitch could see it. The only thing that will stop him having the same positive impact on your side is the increase in speed from league 1. Good luck to him though.

11 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

If you get a season out of him like we did last season you're in for a treat. Thanks for the memories Dylan.

16 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

He's incredibly entertaining with a skill level majority of SPL players don't have, quick over 3 or 4 yards and works extremely hard.

Negatives are that he can over do the stepovers at times and physically is not very strong but i'm sure he will be played to his strengths therefore the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.

If anyone seen him playing with Kelty last season he is about a stone lighter.

This is turning into a very underwhelming close season. 

Club need to clarify what's going on with the playing side of things instead of telling us about new pitches being laid and sponsors.

6 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

He's incredibly entertaining with a skill level majority of SPL players don't have, quick over 3 or 4 yards and works extremely hard.

Negatives are that he can over do the stepovers at times and physically is not very strong but i'm sure he will be played to his strengths therefore the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.

If anyone seen him playing with Kelty last season he is about a stone lighter.

Forget to say, he gave away the penalty that cost us promotion but such was his standing amongst the "nice" Airdrie support, he got off with being abused, not many would have.

7 minutes ago, G_H said:

Club need to clarify what's going on with the playing side of things instead of telling us about new pitches being laid and sponsors.

It's been about 9 days

7 minutes ago, G_H said:

Murray said in his Raith interview that he had player meetings last Thursday at Airdrie so obviously the club haven't had much time to move forward, i'll moan with the best if the players that come in are mince!

5 minutes ago, G_H said:

6 minutes ago, G_H said:

Club has progressed the last  two years , no reason not to continue, quietly confident we will bring in the right players and manager to keep the challange next season, just my opinion but would like the backbone of the team to be Fordyce and McCabe and build from there, 

Felt he would follow Murray as he got a really good season out of Dylan. Certainly one of the cleverest players we've had in years but still not a patch on Alan Gow or Willie McLaren. But for recent younger fans he was a great to watch. That does explain why we forgave him letting the other Murray con his way to a penalty. Now he is gone I can forget him and any one else moving on. 

It's a wee bit annoying that there's not much news on our own squad etc but patience is a virtue.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Club has progressed the last  two years , no reason not to continue, quietly confident we will bring in the right players and manager to keep the challange next season, just my opinion but would like the backbone of the team to be Fordyce and McCabe and build from there, 

Same 

I think people are hitting the panic button a bit early 

Need to change my display name now. Ffs.

Always thought that only a miracle would’ve kept Dylan at the club. Obviously a very gifted player who’s screwed the nut, at least he’s getting a move up a league rather than sideways to Falkirk or Dunfermline.

But hey… everyone buzzing about the new pitch? Don’t think any of the ITK crowd saw that coming!

41 minutes ago, G_H said:

Seriously!?

Players who the club wanted to retain will have been made offers. Their current deals won't be up until the end of this month so will undoubtedly be mulling things over or talking with other clubs therefore there won't be anything to clarify other than that ones who are being told they are going to be released. Those discussions may not have taken place yet.

We don't have a manager in place so other than anyone who was approached prior to Murray leaving there won't be any potential signings to announce. 

It'll all happen when it happens.