The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Word to the wise, of all of the Falkirk posters he's the least worth a second of your time. I had to find out the hard way. Rational, well laid out stuff like yours is whistling in the fresh air above his napper.

Its also no less ridiculous as some of the Falkirk rumours we've seen this season. Every player in the top 2 leagues has been linked with them as well as half the managers in the UK. Pot/kettle here. 

Anyway ignore they mad lads I'm positive there will be some good news for us before the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Its also no less ridiculous as some of the Falkirk rumours we've seen this season. Every player in the top 2 leagues has been linked with them as well as half the managers in the UK. Pot/kettle here. 

Anyway ignore they mad lads I'm positive there will be some good news for us before the weekend. 

Here's hoping!

what?

I feel my question was relatively easy to understand

Edited as just noticed you posted on the falkirk topic. Had it in my head that you were an ayr fan.

Anyways, I am enjoying your positivity x

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

He had a decent season but would imagine he’ll be much more of an assistant at that level rather than playing regularly. Not a huge loss on the park and whoever comes in as manager will probably want their own man in anyway.

It’s quite funny that one of the reasons he left East Fife to join us was the travelling from Ayrshire to Fife was too much for him and now he’s back up there. 

No loss on the park but in fairness EF were part time but he's probably full time at Raith.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

The Sevco B team.

Honestly, do us all a favour and start paying attention in class.  You’ll get your phone confiscated in a few mins if your not careful.  English class next, make sure your grammar is ok.  

now f**k off 

can we just start ignoring non Airdrie fans today? This thread has been a tough read today and when the wee boys finish up school it’s going to get even worse 

1 minute ago, FLDiamond said:

Honestly, do us all a favour and start paying attention in class.  You’ll get your phone confiscated in a few mins if you're not careful.  English class next, make sure your grammar is ok.  

now f**k off 

can we just start ignoring non Airdrie fans today? This thread has been a tough read today and when the wee boys finish up school it’s going to get even worse 

X

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Can’t see Murray taking more than 1 Airdrie player to Raith tbh. Unlucky for Raith fans but he doesn’t go wild on signings and only brings in just the right amount of players. He’s not a fan of a big squad either as mentioned in his first Raith interview.  

Unlike Raith, we need to build an entire squad for next season which will be tough. I think we‘ll get some manager news next week as we really need to kick on.

We’ve got 19 players under contract, 6 of them youngsters, 3 of which hasn’t had much game time if any Bow, Mahady, Masson, bow is getting released from what I’ve heard, Mahady might be as well as he struggled at Burntisland shipyard, Masson might be loaned.

so that 3 spaces to fill plus our out of contracted players not all of them are going to re-sign, so there’s a lot more work to be done than what people think 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Got your buddy cb_diamondtits to thank for that one, been running his mouth off for weeks on our thread about how you lot were going up. Only fair we return a bit of his kindness. Honourable mention to airdrieman also who lorded the signing of Kouder Aissa at the start of the season, that also worked out fantastically.

Would rather have Salim with no functioning knees than sink the economy of a small country into Leigh Griffiths' retirement fund TBF. 

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Would rather have Salim with no functioning knees than sink the economy of a small country into Leigh Griffiths' retirement fund TBF. 

Doubt Salim is costing us £1500 a week as well lol

13 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Doubt Salim is costing us £1500 a week as well lol

He's cost them somewhere in the vicinity of 15 grand per goal, which is even wilder for a club solidly in the bottom half of the third tier.

6 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Fighting talk from a poster who put 5/6 Falkirk players in his midway team of the season without a hint of irony. They finished 6th. 

I think 'FUD' is the term used for this one.