The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not really.

Who proof reads your posts? 😋

Hahaha 

Most definitely not my boss, I work in procurement. I'm currently bulk ordering for Falkirk council as well so I hope they don't get wind of my earlier dig at them. 😂😂

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Got your buddy cb_diamondtits to thank for that one, been running his mouth off for weeks on our thread about how you lot were going up. Only fair we return a bit of his kindness. Honourable mention to airdrieman also who lorded the signing of Kouder Aissa at the start of the season, that also worked out fantastically.

Then ignore him on yours and feck off from ours ? Problem solved! 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Got your buddy cb_diamondtits to thank for that one, been running his mouth off for weeks on our thread about how you lot were going up. Only fair we return a bit of his kindness. Honourable mention to airdrieman also who lorded the signing of Kouder Aissa at the start of the season, that also worked out fantastically.

Was I? Really? See this isn't based on anything concrete. Rather it's based on the "pile on" mentality. Not once on any thread did I say we were going up. Not once.

What I did do was I brought together a list of things that Falkirk fans had been saying about their own team, with 1 or 2 of my own observations about your currently lowly standing and then asked anyone to disprove any of them. What ensued was a massive pile on and no actual refuting of the various facts and opinions (apart from one guy who had a bit of an attempt regarding attendances). So again, you're just talking absolutely nonsense and repeating a lie that has already been disproven twice.

I'm guilty only of stating in response to the pile on that we are statistically a better football team than you over the last couple of seasons. That's it. That's also completely true.

4 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Then ignore him on yours and feck off from ours ? Problem solved! 

It was one post, a couple of weeks ago and they are still foaming at the mouth about it 😂😂😂😂😂 I had one follow me about the forum for a solid week red dotting everything I posted.

Not that they were bothered or anything. 

20 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Agnew offski 

He had a decent season but would imagine he’ll be much more of an assistant at that level rather than playing regularly. Not a huge loss on the park and whoever comes in as manager will probably want their own man in anyway.

It’s quite funny that one of the reasons he left East Fife to join us was the travelling from Ayrshire to Fife was too much for him and now he’s back up there. 

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Was I? Really? See this isn't based on anything concrete. Rather it's based on the "pile on" mentality. Not once on any thread did I say we were going up. Not once.

What I did do was I brought together a list of things that Falkirk fans had been saying about their own team, with 1 or 2 of my own observations about your currently lowly standing and then asked anyone to disprove any of them. What ensued was a massive pile on and no actual refuting of the various facts and opinions (apart from one guy who had a bit of an attempt regarding attendances). So again, you're just talking absolutely nonsense and repeating a lie that has already been disproven twice.

I'm guilty only of stating in response to the pile on that we are statistically a better football team than you over the last couple of seasons. That's it. That's also completely true.

We didn't have to disprove you, Queens Park took care of that.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

He had a decent season but would imagine he’ll be much more of an assistant at that level rather than playing regularly. Not a huge loss on the park and whoever comes in as manager will probably want their own man in anyway.

It’s quite funny that one of the reasons he left East Fife to join us was the travelling from Ayrshire to Fife was too much for him and now he’s back up there. 

Your right he probably won’t play much for us but I think he will be registered as a player with our injury record in that position he could come in play a few games till players will be back 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Your right he probably won’t play much for us but I think he will be registered as a player with our injury record in that position he could come in play a few games till players will be back 

That sounds about right. He’s very much not the player you remember terrorising Raith on multiple occasions, he mostly played as a sitting midfielder who just recycled possession and kept things neat and tidy. He’s fine at that against weaker teams at this level and would be alright as an option to see out a game in the Championship but nothing more than that.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We didn't have to disprove you, Queens Park took care of that.

Queens park disproved that Falkirk are a failing club in freefall in all aspects? I don't think they did to be fair.

6 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Anyone heard of Charlie Adam knocking back the role of player/manager? Just heard that from a source. 

hahahahahahahahahahaha, who do Airdrie actually think they are?

Can’t see Murray taking more than 1 Airdrie player to Raith tbh. Unlucky for Raith fans but he doesn’t go wild on signings and only brings in just the right amount of players. He’s not a fan of a big squad either as mentioned in his first Raith interview.  

Unlike Raith, we need to build an entire squad for next season which will be tough. I think we‘ll get some manager news next week as we really need to kick on.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

You've surely no posted a screenshot showing you're a club formed in 2002 after the real Airdrie died 

Unlike Falkirk, we don't stick our fingers in our ears and go "nononono" when faced with unfortunate truths little fella. Now run along and sprinkle your red dots to all the "haterz" 😂😂😂

hahahahahahahahahahaha, who do Airdrie actually think they are?

Tbf I would have thought it wasnt a completely outrageous suggestion assuming he wants to get into coaching/management. Can’t really see anyone from championship above taking a chance on him. Granted it would all come down to finances which I assume he would be looking for some decent cash

Anyways my view on any player/manager role is that it doesn’t work.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Tbf I would have thought it wasnt a completely outrageous suggestion assuming he wants to get into coaching/management. Can’t really see anyone from championship above taking a chance on him. Granted it would all come down to finances which I assume he would be looking for some decent cash

Anyways my view on any player/manager role is that it doesn’t work.

Word to the wise, of all of the Falkirk posters he's the least worth a second of your time. I had to find out the hard way. Rational, well laid out stuff like yours is whistling in the fresh air above his napper.