The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Fair enough I’m not sure Murray will take many then we have two solid keepers, midfield strong maybe one addition if Spencer resigns. We have cover for the wide areas so how’s your centre backs and full backs? Can any make the step up? 

I honestly don't think so, as has been said by a few folk our outstanding players have tended to be in midfield this year. Another poster mentioned the young lad Paterson at left back who was with us on loan for Celtic. But he tailed off quite badly towards the end of the season. Definitely a player in there though and may be worth a punt.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

I honestly don't think so, as has been said by a few folk our outstanding players have tended to be in midfield this year. Another poster mentioned the young lad Paterson at left back who was with us on loan for Celtic. But he tailed off quite badly towards the end of the season. Definitely a player in there though and may be worth a punt.

He is a Kirkcaldy lad as well so maybe something that happens, don’t think you guys will have a mass exodus to us tbh 

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, that is one, show us the rest.

The Apostrophe is one (possibly technically two depending on your view of this gibberish sentences relationship with the possessive and grammatical rules pertaining to where an apostrophe sits in context to an "s") , also using the words many's here is grammatically an embarrassment as a different phrase should have been used in this context to make it appear that the OP isn't a puddle drinker. 

Here to help.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He is a Kirkcaldy lad as well so maybe something that happens, don’t think you guys will have a mass exodus to us tbh 

Nor do I to be honest. The cold reality is (IMO) that our outstanding midfield in L1 would have been a decent, serviceable one in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

I think it will be probably Easton/Frizzell  that he will look at to bring in and surely we can better Airdries offer (if rumours are true about them being in contract talks) 

we need to focus first and foremost at the back because we only have 2 CBs under contract,  1 injured and no RB 

Just now, cb_diamond said:

The Apostrophe is one (possibly technically two depending on your view of this gibberish sentences relationship with the possessive and grammatical rules pertaining to where an apostrophe sits in context to an "s") , also using the words many's here is grammatically an embarrassment as a different phrase should have been used in this context to make it appear that the OP isn't a puddle drinker. 

Here to help.

Again, there was only one grammatical error in his sentence.

"How many is Murray taking away with him to Raith then?" This sentence, with one correction, is now perfectly acceptable.

Now, please let me correct your sentence for grammatical errors:

The 1) apostrophe is one (possibly technically two depending on your view of this gibberish 2)sentence's relationship with the possessive and grammatical rules pertaining to where an apostrophe sits in context to an "s") , also using the words many's here is grammatically an embarrassment as a different phrase should have been used in this context to make it appear that the OP isn't a puddle drinker. 

1) No need for the capital letter at the beginning of apostrophe.

2) sentence's, not sentences.

Here to help.

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Again, there was only one grammatical error in his sentence.

"How many is Murray taking away with him to Raith then?" This sentence, with one correction, is now perfectly acceptable.

Now, please let me correct your sentence for grammatical errors:

The 1) apostrophe is one (possibly technically two depending on your view of this gibberish 2)sentence's relationship with the possessive and grammatical rules pertaining to where an apostrophe sits in context to an "s") , also using the words many's here is grammatically an embarrassment as a different phrase should have been used in this context to make it appear that the OP isn't a puddle drinker. 

1) No need for the capital letter at the beginning of apostrophe.

2) sentence's, not sentences.

Here to help.

Good try, but capitalisation does not fall under grammatical errors. Red pen for everyone today, including myself.

Edited by cb_diamond

One of the worst things about the playoff defeat is being stuck in league one arguing grammar with Falkirk fans...

As for players moving up I think Easton could do a job for Raith and probably McCabe, not convinced Gal could, he needs a lot of chances before he scores one which he wont get in the championship, Frizzell maybe could but could he be part of a championship winning team?

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Good try, but capitalisation does not fall under grammatical errors. Red pen for everyone today, including myself.

Noted, but you do accept that his sentence only contained one grammatical error?

3 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

One of the worst things about the playoff defeat is being stuck in league one arguing grammar with Falkirk fans...

As for players moving up I think Easton could do a job for Raith and probably McCabe, not convinced Gal could, he needs a lot of chances before he scores one which he won't get in the championship, Frizzell maybe could but could he be part of a championship winning team?

FTFY 😉

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Noted, but you do accept that his sentence only contained one grammatical error?

I genuinely don't as incorrect word choice and incorrect use punctuation are two separate stems no matter how long we argue about it.

The real irony of the whole thing is that I'm currently sitting at my kitchen table proof reading a document for work 😂😂😂😂 

Want to give me a hand?

4 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Can we make a decision here and now to just ignore Falkirk fans. Would make life easier.

Got your buddy cb_diamondtits to thank for that one, been running his mouth off for weeks on our thread about how you lot were going up. Only fair we return a bit of his kindness. Honourable mention to airdrieman also who lorded the signing of Kouder Aissa at the start of the season, that also worked out fantastically.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

I genuinely don't as incorrect word choice and incorrect use of punctuation are two separate stems no matter how long we argue about it.

The real irony of the whole thing is that I'm currently sitting at my kitchen table proof reading a document for work 😂😂😂😂 

Want to give me a hand?

Not really.

Who proof reads your posts? 😋

Got your buddy cb_diamondtits to thank for that one, been running his mouth off for weeks on our thread about how you lot were going up. Only fair we return a bit of his kindness. Honourable mention to airdrieman also who lorded the signing of Kouder Aissa at the start of the season, that also worked out fantastically.

Be surprised if any airdrie fan was saying we were going up. I would imagine most airdrie fans were saying we were better than you which we have been for some time. I would imagine you may finally get your act together this year. At this point, you can return the favour to us