The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

Agnew looks like going but not sure about the rest of backroom staff.

Tend to agree with regards to players but imagine he'll have a lot of competition for Easton.

Heard Easton was coming into speak to the club today about what there willing to offer him for next season which sounds promising 

8 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Could end up with egg on my face here but  to be honest other than the backroom staff I can't see there being many.

Probably most would agree our 5 best players would be McCabe, Easton, Frizzell, Fordyce & Smith. Smith is under contract so unless Raith are willing to pay a fee I don't think he'll go. Will Fordyce transfer up a level again at his age? I'm not so sure. Which leaves the 3 midfielders. He might go for 1 or 2 but I can't see him going for all 3.

Potentially he might try and sign one of the Celtc loanees, Kerr McInroy or Brody Paterson. Also he always spoke really highly of Kyle Turner (Thistle) who was with us the season before last, could make a move for him.

When there were rumours of him coming to us the talk was that he'd told Currie, Mccabe and Easton not to sign new deals so those three will be my guess. There'll be a fair few in for Easton right enough so that one might fall through.

12 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

Also see Rohan ferguson on that list. Deary me what a fall from grave he has had.

Remember he was tipped by some of our support to be the reincarnation of Lev Yashin, alongside versatile hot shot Sean McIntosh. 

11 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Heard Easton was coming into speak to the club today about what there willing to offer him for next season which sounds promising 

Apparently the clubs already put a "bumper" offer on the table for Easton, as well as very good offers for McCabe and Frizzel.

Dycey has signed a new deal.

all "apparently" of course.

44 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Agnew looks like going but not sure about the rest of backroom staff.

Tend to agree with regards to players but imagine he'll have a lot of competition for Easton.

I think it will be just Scott Agnew because at us he will already have the GK coach Robbie Thomson, The club Physio, Sports scientists etc we’ve already got that in place so it’ll probably just Scott Agnew and Robbie Thomson as his Assistant/Coaching staff 

I can’t see many players coming to us even Easton as we have vaughan/ Ross/ gullan who can play number 10 role. I haven’t seen Easton play much but everyone rates him so wouldn’t be unhappy with that, has McCabe got the legs for midfield in the championship now? We probably be more interested in your strikers would Gallagher or smith do well in the championship?  Be interesting to see what he does transfer wise 

Just now, Been going too long said:

I can’t see many players coming to us even Easton as we have vaughan/ Ross/ gullan who can play number 10 role. I haven’t seen Easton play much but everyone rates him so wouldn’t be unhappy with that, has McCabe got the legs for midfield in the championship now? We probably be more interested in your strikers would Gallagher or smith do well in the championship?  Be interesting to see what he does transfer wise 

Smith is under contract next season, can't see anyone parting with cash for him. I honestly don't think Gall would cut it in the championship. Our current level is his ceiling for me.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

And surely smaller than the amount of times you told us you were winning the playoffs?

Well that was a definite zero then as has already been proven on your thread where not a single soul could find an example of such behaviour. Better luck next time.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Smith is under contract next season, can't see anyone parting with cash for him. I honestly don't think Gall would cut it in the championship. Our current level is his ceiling for me.

Fair enough I’m not sure Murray will take many then we have two solid keepers, midfield strong maybe one addition if Spencer resigns. We have cover for the wide areas so how’s your centre backs and full backs? Can any make the step up?