The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

Wasn't suggesting he would, just wondering what the situation was.

I believe he wants to play and from the car crash interview with our owner (Sim) I believe DGW he’s looking for a club abroad.  Whether any will take him who knows otherwise he’ll stay with us unless we pay him off. Hopefully he’s gone soon and we can try and put the whole embarrassment behind us. 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Ross has been played AM, LM and Striker for us but IMO he’s a better winger,

zanatta still has a year left but tbh if someone came in for him wouldn’t be opposed to letting him go,

but I would take Easton all day long would add more quality to what we already have 

If the Forest Green rumours are true then Easton will be off there as I doubt you'll be able to get close to the salary they offer.

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

If the Forest Green rumours are true then Easton will be off there as I doubt you'll be able to get close to the salary they offer.

True but Atm there just rumours or he might want to stay in Scotland and not relocate need to wait and see what happens 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Ross has been played AM, LM and Striker for us but IMO he’s a better winger,

zanatta still has a year left but tbh if someone came in for him wouldn’t be opposed to letting him go,

but I would take Easton all day long would add more quality to what we already have 

I rate Ethan Ross quite highly and agree out wide is where I'd play him too. He's got another year left on his contract I believe. If we can have a decent season next year and be hybrid I would like to see us tempt him back up North.

Transfermrkt says Dario is out of contract at the end of May. Might be misreading that.

Easton is superb,works back harder than many think. If he can decision make a bit better in the final third he'd move up another step again.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I rate Ethan Ross quite highly and agree out wide is where I'd play him too. He's got another year left on his contract I believe. If we can have a decent season next year and be hybrid I would like to see us tempt him back up North.

Transfermrkt says Dario is out of contract at the end of May. Might be misreading that.

Easton is superb,works back harder than many think. If he can decision make a bit better in the final third he'd move up another step again.

Ross has 2 years left I think 

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ethan’s still got 2 years left (contracted until 2024) Dario has a year left (2023) so if one was likely to leave for a smaller fee it would be Dario 

44 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

That one was mentioned before we lost to QP. Might be that he’d have signed if we got promoted and Murray stayed, especially considering he’s played under Murray before.

That was my thinking , glad we are keeping him though 

Good luck to Murray, last season he proved that he could be a decent manager given the time and resources. Time for us to move on though and I'd be massively surprised if the board haven't already sounded out potential replacements as they seem pretty efficient and competent. I just hope it's not an appointment from within or any of the dinosaurs of Scottish football. Kettlewell likely one the most qualified for the job at hand but is he out of our budget?

9 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Good luck to Murray, last season he proved that he could be a decent manager given the time and resources. Time for us to move on though and I'd be massively surprised if the board haven't already sounded out potential replacements as they seem pretty efficient and competent. I just hope it's not an appointment from within or any of the dinosaurs of Scottish football. Kettlewell likely one the most qualified for the job at hand but is he out of our budget?

Thomson and Kettlewell would probably be ideal, but other than that, the list of names is quite worrying. Surely we aren't gonna go for McGhee/McPake.

With the no doubt on going fire sale I fully expect a return to AMB and her boys as the team. Rohan in goals, Bain at right back, Donnelly up front, Blockley & Grant Adam signed up pending their release. Liam Watt too.

ETA: what’s Lovering doing these days?

Edited by Dylan Easton Fanclub