The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

23 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

On this subject, despite absolutely being two of our best players this (is it already last?) season, both Frizzell and Easton are a bit slow. Both have very quick feet but Easton in particular I noticed struggling to chase opponents or catch loose balls in the playoff games. Loved watching both and hope we can keep them but I think it’s the main weakness in both of them.

Legs get McCabe and Fordyce  signed and build round them, that would be good 

41 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

My ITK sources tell me the home strip will be white with a red diamond. 

Hoping we stay with Umbro as the three kits last season were bang on the money. The home jersey particularly with the black trim was absolutely a thing of beauty and easily my favourite in many years if not decades.

Also an added bonus with Umbro was the professionalism of them and FN Teamwear getting the kits out nice and early, none of this players wearing last season's kit for a couple of months and bring able to buy them before Christmas.

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Fucking predictive typo again. Need to proof read more.

10 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

The oldest joke in Airdrie history! But yeah, love seeing a new strip unveiled.  Away strip? 

Would love the away strip to be a reverse of the home, red with a white diamond. And keep the current grey away one as a 3rd kit! 

6 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Hoping we stay with Umbro as the three kits last season were bang on the money. The home jersey particularly with the black trim was absolutely a thing of beauty and easily my favourite in many years if not decades.

Also an added bonus with Umbro was the professionalism of them and FN Teamwear getting the kits out nice and early, none of this players wearing last season's kit for a couple of months and bring able to buy them before Christmas.

I’ve heard there’s a strong possibility we’re still with Umbro next season, so fingers crossed it’s right enough!

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Heard from Max's cousin today that he's out in Seville for the Rangers game so it sounds like probably next week or the week after we'd hear about contracts etc.

After seeing a picture of Dom Thomas in the Celtic end at Tannadice a few days after Dunfermline were relegated, my first thought was that I was quite pleased our games were before the Europa League final! 

I was hoping we’d hear something tomorrow night, perhaps we still will, but it may well be next week now. I expect we’ll be waiting a bit on certain players anyway who’ll no doubt have plenty of offers.

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Would we not start hearing talks about who's signing for next at the end of the month when most contracts would expire? Especially those who are leaving...

I think we usually get a list of players who haven’t been offered a new deal shortly after the season finishes, last year we got it on 26th May after the play-off final on the 21st May. We then usually hear about players who’ve re-signed or left over the next few weeks as well as the new signings. This year might take a bit longer if Murray has interest from elsewhere though. 

21 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I think we usually get a list of players who haven’t been offered a new deal shortly after the season finishes, last year we got it on 26th May after the play-off final on the 21st May. We then usually hear about players who’ve re-signed or left over the next few weeks as well as the new signings. This year might take a bit longer if Murray has interest from elsewhere though. 

Is Murray definitely out of contract,    looking back to when he signed his deal last close season(available on official website news sectiom) is only stipulated  an extension, and I am sure it was mentioned on here it was a rolling contract,   He is talking very much like a man who will still be here,  although Agnews contract is up.....

I fully expect Murray to rock up now at Starks Park holding a Raith scarf in a clinch with Val McDermid......

Is Murray definitely out of contract,    looking back to when he signed his deal last close season(available on official website news sectiom) is only stipulated  an extension, and I am sure it was mentioned on here it was a rolling contract,   He is talking very much like a man who will still be here,  although Agnews contract is up.....

I fully expect Murray to rock up now at Starks Park holding a Raith scarf in a clinch with Val McDermid......

Just looked back at the statement from last year and you're actually spot on, it doesn’t specify the length of Murray’s extension. I think one year is implied and I’m about 99% sure it was definitely a one year extension, but it wasn’t explicitly stated in that statement at least.

8 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Just looked back at the statement from last year and you're actually spot on, it doesn’t specify the length of Murray’s extension. I think one year is implied and I’m about 99% sure it was definitely a one year extension, but it wasn’t explicitly stated in that statement at least.

Very seldom do any of our signing statements specify contract length's.

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

You are always a reliable respectful poster on here,   have you heard any signing, resigning snippets or is there any truth in the Alan Gow youth academy rumour...

Not really. I heard we had the basis of a team in place and they were pretty confident about next season. But no names. I thought by now we would have heard a few announcements. 

With absolutely no inside knowledge, just going by interviews I think it sounds like Murray, Fordyce and McCabbe will be here next season. You can sometimes read between the lines with end of season interviews where players are a bit non committal and get the feeling they're leaving their options open. But to me they 3 don't come across like that. They sound like they are planning for next season with us. 

On this subject, despite absolutely being two of our best players this (is it already last?) season, both Frizzell and Easton are a bit slow. Both have very quick feet but Easton in particular I noticed struggling to chase opponents or catch loose balls in the playoff games. Loved watching both and hope we can keep them but I think it’s the main weakness in both of them.
Easton has offers from clubs at a higher level than league one. I'd be surprised if he's at this level next season.