The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I sympathize and I think the dreadful league cup begins in July but it's not regional this time? 

I’m not too sure… but I’ll have the same attitude to the cups as last season - not really caring and happy to go out to one of the OF in a money spinning tie.  Care much more for the league.  An early season draw against them in Glasgow could give us more than enough finances to be comfortable for the season.  A guaranteed exit (pretty much) which suits me.  Probably wont happen..  July it is then, lets see what our team looks like come mid summer 

29 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I’m not too sure… but I’ll have the same attitude to the cups as last season - not really caring and happy to go out to one of the OF in a money spinning tie.  Care much more for the league.  An early season draw against them in Glasgow could give us more than enough finances to be comfortable for the season.  A guaranteed exit (pretty much) which suits me.  Probably wont happen..  July it is then, lets see what our team looks like come mid summer 

Pretty much sums up my own feelings. Time for a wee rest. Best wishes.

Talking of the cups, it's quite funny looking back at the team that beat Motherwell last year. The ill-fated 3-5-2, Wardrop and Quitongo at wing back, a midfield three of McCabe, Agnew and man of the match Matty McDonald and Salim up top. Even Dean Ritchie got a (very short) run out!

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

Talking of the cups, it's quite funny looking back at the team that beat Motherwell last year. The ill-fated 3-5-2, Wardrop and Quitongo at wing back, a midfield three of McCabe, Agnew and man of the match Matty McDonald and Salim up top. Even Dean Ritchie got a (very short) run out!

This feels like a million years ago.  After the Motherwell win we were all hyped up, ready to kill it all season, QOTS would be cannon fodder the week after this.. and then…. Ally Roy decided to run a brief masterclass.  That name, along with all the others you mention make me laugh. Also makes me think about how our team could look this time next year compared to a side that takes the field July/August.  That’s football!! 

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Airdrie fan questioning someone's intelligence is highly ironic and highly hilarious x 

I'm just questioning yours on account of the genuinely shite trolling job you've done on here. Like unbelievably bad. I had about twenty of you Muppets pishing your pants the other week by literally repeating a list of things your own fans had said on your thread. You're struggling pal just like your debt riddled club x

Edited by cb_diamond

I honestly don’t want to start a rumour mill with tons of speculation but does anyone have any ideas on players being released and anything on Murray.  I guess it’s just a waiting game but like everyone, desperate for information.  Figured there might have been a couple of announcements by now but quiet out there 

6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I honestly don’t want to start a rumour mill with tons of speculation but does anyone have any ideas on players being released and anything on Murray.  I guess it’s just a waiting game but like everyone, desperate for information.  Figured there might have been a couple of announcements by now but quiet out there 

There has been an ominous lack of ITK chat this week. Assuming the released list will be out very soon.

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm just questioning yours on account of the genuinely shite trolling job you've done on here. Like unbelievably bad. I had about twenty of you Muppets pishing your pants the other week by literally repeating a list of things your own fans had said on your thread. You're struggling pal just like your debt riddled club x

Red dots and name calling!

Absolutely rattled x 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Red dots and name calling!

Absolutely rattled x 

Like I said, you're struggling. As Chris Cornell would have said your clubs finances and your patter are the same... A black hole son. Badoom...tsss.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I did clock that yer man Dylan Easton liked a tweet today from some guy saying he’d cry with joy if he signs for Falkirk and bumming up how great a signing he’d be for them etc. Most likely hee haw in it but I did find it a bit of an odd tweet to like!

To be fair I think Easton likes every tweet he’s mentioned in and sees as a compliment. Also liked tweets from Dunfermline fans that want him and Airdrie fans that want him to stay.

14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Like I said, you're struggling. As Chris Cornell would have said your clubs finances and your patter are the same... A black hole son. Badoom...tsss.

Another ironic jip at a clubs finances 😂

Not been in the Falkirk forum a lot since Sunday don't know why 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not been in the Falkirk forum a lot since Sunday don't know why 😂😂😂

Maybe you just got bored of posting nonsense in there? Or listening to Shadwell Dog and Marshmallow gumming their way through sentences, you'll need to tell us why you've had the days off?