The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Curious what most people’s player of the year shouts are at the moment. I imagine Easton will be popular, and it’s hard to argue against McCabe or Smith being in with a shout too, but right now I’m leaning towards Frizzell.

It's such a change to have choices after so many years of dross. I decided some time ago and Frizzel is my pick.

McCabe for me. Spent all season playing in a new position and other than the defeat to Alloa away I can barely remember him having a poor game. He brings so much composure to the team and is just an excellent footballer who is perfect for this team. We saw at East Fife recently that we lack the same calmness on the ball when he’s not in the team. He gets a bonus point for that free-kick against Motherwell too.

29 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's such a change to have choices after so many years of dross. I decided some time ago and Frizzel is my pick.

Dylan Easton all day long for me. In that special category of player with guys like Calderon, Lawrence and Gray (although I easily lucky enough to see the last one in his prime).

23 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Umbro ‘til I die 😉

So are the jolly old queens, getting in on a bit of the umbro action next season,   Their stuff is night and day from the generic joma and puma club templates...  Hopefully they continue as our supplier, but I think our 2 year deal is up....

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Dylan Easton all day long for me. In that special category of player with guys like Calderon, Lawrence and Gray (although I easily lucky enough to see the last one in his prime).

Agree Colin(shock horror),   We have many players who on previous years would walk Player of Year,   Frizz,  Fordyce, Smith, McCabe,   Dylan Easton is the jewel in the crown,         A maverick with a work ethic, not seen in a lot of his peers,     He is also great with the support always willing for selfies and autographs for our younger fans before and after games,  things like that are remembered....

You never know if he fired us to promotion,  he might get the freedom of Airdrie.........

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Agree Colin(shock horror),   We have many players who on previous years would walk Player of Year,   Frizz,  Fordyce, Smith, McCabe,   Dylan Easton is the jewel in the crown,         A maverick with a work ethic, not seen in a lot of his peers,     He is also great with the support always willing for selfies and autographs for our younger fans before and after games,  things like that are remembered....

You never know if he fired us to promotion,  he might get the freedom of Airdrie.........

I don’t think we’ve disagreed more than twice! 

Couldn’t grumble if any of the names mentioned win it - make it a joint award if they get us through the play offs at the nineth time of asking.

I think we all realise this is a special team and we share the fear that if they don’t get the promotion they deserve then we’ll  risk seeing another group broken up close season.  

Keeping everything crossed that doesn’t happen and that Murray could persuade Celtic to give us Paterson for some Championship experience, Thistle to release an unhappy Turner and McInroy to come back next season.

4 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Curious what most people’s player of the year shouts are at the moment. I imagine Easton will be popular, and it’s hard to argue against McCabe or Smith being in with a shout too, but right now I’m leaning towards Frizzell.

Easton or Fordyce for me  

4 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Obviously a vital player and with a real touch of class is Dylan. However I was expecting that from him given what we had known, and seen , but Adam was largely unknown and those Dumbarton guys misled me, as he has been so much better. As to Stevie Gray etc they were magic as well. On this I won't concede!

I’d love to say that POTY would be Easton for his flair but my head says McCabe or Frizz.

McCabe has literally strolled this league. His communication and calmness has won us games. He’s had a good career and that shows.

Frizz has just not stopped all season. Works his socks off every game and has proved to be one of our best going forward with multiple assists and goals. 

I’d also give Gallagher an award this year. He’s proved himself to be a prolific goal scorer and has came up with the goods when it really mattered.

As has been posted before I'm delighted that we have 4 or 5 contenders for poty.    Its probably between the mcgill boys for young poty.    Scott as he's played every position in various games over the season and had did very well.    Gabby has added some important goals and just as he was looking like a regular starter injuries have set his progress back.   

I'd give easton poty by a very slim margin.   Mccabe, Fordyce, Smith and Frizzell have all been outstanding but Easton has the xfactor we have not seen at Broomfield in a long time.  

41 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

As has been posted before I'm delighted that we have 4 or 5 contenders for poty.    Its probably between the mcgill boys for young poty.    Scott as he's played every position in various games over the season and had did very well.    Gabby has added some important goals and just as he was looking like a regular starter injuries have set his progress back.   

I'd give easton poty by a very slim margin.   Mccabe, Fordyce, Smith and Frizzell have all been outstanding but Easton has the xfactor we have not seen at Broomfield in a long time.  

I’m a big fan of Scott McGill. He’s played a lot of different positions (personally think he’s played best in the wide right areas) and still seems a little raw but he’s generally played very well all season and I think he’s got quite a high ceiling. Had no idea Gabby McGill was so young but a google search tells me he’s still only 21. Perhaps he plays with a maturity that’s masked his age and I certainly think he’s a ypoty contender, despite his injury misfortunes.

Smith also a shout for young player as he’s still only 22 and has undoubtedly been a top performer all season and especially recently has been getting amongst the goals and assists.

Edited by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds

20 hours ago, Passionate said:

So are the jolly old queens, getting in on a bit of the umbro action next season,   Their stuff is night and day from the generic joma and puma club templates...  Hopefully they continue as our supplier, but I think our 2 year deal is up....

We were Admiral this year. That deal was signed before Leeann Dempster came. There's new kit been confirmed as coming but no confirmation. Speculation it might be Macron. Although that might be Le Pen by the weekend ;) No speculation at all on whether the Skittles design has run it's course.

POTY debate is fun.

Friz has been excellent but when it comes to goals and assists he's outdone by fellow midfielder - Easton.

In defence McCabe has been a joy to watch but Dycey is our best defender.

Up front goals win games so Gall and Smith must be in with a shout.

Out of these candidates I think Easton is POTY and Smith is young POTY

Gal deserves an award for (I assume) being our top goalscorer - again.