The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Said nobody ever 

I don’t know I think some people would still have Dean Cairns, Chris O’Neil, Jamie Bain, David Cox, Ally Roy, Kurtis Roberts and Big Nat playing for us the way some folk went on after they left us. Still see folk going on about Roy and Roberts on the odd occasion 😂

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I don’t know I think some people would still have Dean Cairns, Chris O’Neil, Jamie Bain, David Cox, Ally Roy, Kurtis Roberts and Big Nat playing for us the way some folk went on after they left us. Still see folk going on about Roy and Roberts on the odd occasion 😂

Don't forget Sean McIntosh.....

58 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I genuinely think it's mental that Ally Roy has been playing championship football this season.

7 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Jordan Allan, who can't even get a game in League 1, but worth keeping for the Championship. 😂 Stick to Champ Manager. 

Aye after watching Ally Roy run about last night, had a few good touches but could not find the net, Queens looked every bit as good as Thistle lacked the finishing touch, 

19 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye after watching Ally Roy run about last night, had a few good touches but could not find the net, Queens looked every bit as good as Thistle lacked the finishing touch, 

Is Roy still avoiding any type of effort for the team, particularly tackling? That was my main take away from his abysmal time with us.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

That's the sign of a bad team,  losing one nil at home to a side in poor form.....  The thing about Ally Roy is he looks like he has all the tools to be a top striker,  power, pace, not scared to hit a ball,  but unfortunately has the heart of a pea....

16 hours ago, David Fernández said:

I genuinely think it's mental that Ally Roy has been playing championship football this season.

4 hours ago, Passionate said:

That's the sign of a bad team,  losing one nil at home to a side in poor form.....  The thing about Ally Roy is he looks like he has all the tools to be a top striker,  power, pace, not scared to hit a ball,  but unfortunately has the heart of a pea....

Scored 11  this season only 3in the league though, 

Must say, if we don’t go up via the playoffs this season I’m concerned that the whole squad(manager included) could be ripped apart. I know that Airdrie and playoff’s don’t go well historically but this is our best chance in years of promotion. Need as much vocal support as we can, see you all at links in may[emoji3532]

6 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Must say, if we don’t go up via the playoffs this season I’m concerned that the whole squad(manager included) could be ripped apart. I know that Airdrie and playoff’s don’t go well historically but this is our best chance in years of promotion. Need as much vocal support as we can, see you all at links in mayemoji3532.png

As it stands we play Montrose in first  game in play off, is that right 

Last time we were in the playoffs, we were running on fumes from a condensed run of fixtures. The time before that, it was an Airdrie team that lost 5-0 at home to Stenny. And the time before that it was an Airdrie team that lost 7-2 away to Albion Rovers. This team is different. If there’s an Airdrie team to break the playoff curse, it’s this one. 

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

As it stands we play Montrose in first  game in play off, is that right 

Aye 

Hope the club do something similar to the cove game and reduce prices. Try and fill our home games in the play offs. 

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Aye 

Hope the club do something similar to the cove game and reduce prices. Try and fill our home games in the play offs. 

I am sure the S FA price the playoffs and the money is split like a Scottish Cup tie after expenses etc..