The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

29 minutes ago, mo83 said:

I actually think we might beat you boys this Saturday which is a shame as I'd rather have Cove in the play offs for the shorter Journey.

This is the fixture that I’ve been nervous about in our run in. But I was also nervous about East Fife at the weekend too as a potential banana skin, but we came away with the 3pts. Hopefully the same again! 

22 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

This is the fixture that I’ve been nervous about in our run in. But I was also nervous about East Fife at the weekend too as a potential banana skin, but we came away with the 3pts. Hopefully the same again! 

Prior to Saturday we were poor for a good few weeks, I hope that's the bad spell over and we can go into the play offs with a bit of momentum behind us.Cove or Airdrie are worthy winners of this league....it will go down to the wire a reckon.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

I actually think we might beat you boys this Saturday which is a shame as I'd rather have Cove in the play offs for the shorter Journey.

As long as there’s no diving in the box 😉, I reckon we can win this if we give a good account of ourselves.  And if Falkirk wake up and actually put in half a shift you may get that shorter trip you asked for next month…. It’s crunch time 

29 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Prior to Saturday we were poor for a good few weeks, I hope that's the bad spell over and we can go into the play offs with a bit of momentum behind us.Cove or Airdrie are worthy winners of this league....it will go down to the wire a reckon.

Even with the poor form, I still always have the fear playing Montrose as they’re the one team we’ve really struggled to get the better of over the last four seasons. Even the recent 4-1 game was fairly even and the scoreline flattered us a bit, although we were well worth the win for four quality goals that day. Falkirk is probably the ideal game to have when you’ve been on a bad run, I felt more confident going there a few weeks ago than I did East Fife on Saturday, but I’m hoping that win was more down to Falkirk than Montrose turning it around.

A win for us on Saturday would be a big boost ahead of a potential play-off. All we can do is keep winning and hope Cove drop points along the way but beating Montrose again would be a great psychological boost ahead of any play-off games. If McCabe’s back in the team then I’m pretty confident we won’t lose but it’s whether we show enough quality going forward to break down a good Montrose team.

6 hours ago, mo83 said:

It will be tough but we are due a win at Links Park. Three tickets bought today but is there still the segregated gate entrance , caused by a few of our charmers a few years ago? 

It will be tough but we are due a win at Links Park. Three tickets bought today but is there still the segregated gate entrance , caused by a few of our charmers a few years ago? 

Aye.

Montrose got a few defensive issues which may help on saturday. But aye, tough game

Noticed the SPFL released the premier league playoff dates today. does anyone know if ours are out ?

Guessing the semi final would be a Wednesday Saturday job.

The final (If we get there) was Tuesday Friday I think. Although some finals in the past have been Sundays I’m sure.

Hamilton in 2014 showing how you overturn massive goal difference on the final day in a title race against a Paul Hartley side. Dundee ended up getting the result they needed in the end, but I wouldn’t mind Hartley branding Peterhead amateurs on the 30th of April the same way he did Morton back then.

A topic as seen on a QP thread and it’s coming to that time…

Keep- Fordyce, McCabe, frizzell, smith, Easton, Kerr, G.McGill, 

Unsure- Gallagher, McDonald, walker, Watson, Agnew 

Bin- Ritchie, Currie, Cantley, Allan 

might’ve missed a few and obviously not included loanees..

Edited by Stevo1968
Missed a few out

33 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

A topic as seen on a QP thread and it’s coming to that time…

Keep- Fordyce, McCabe, frizzell, smith, Easton, Kerr, G.McGill, 

Unsure- Gallagher, McDonald, walker, Watson, Agnew 

Bin- Ritchie, Currie, Cantley, Allan 

might’ve missed a few and obviously not included loanees..

Keep - Fordyce, McCabe, Frizzell, Smith, Easton, McGill, Watson, Currie, Kouider-Aissa

Unsure - Agnew, McDonald, Cantley, Lyons, Gallagher

Bin - Ritchie, Allan, Walker, Pyott

I’ve put Salim in with the keep lot purely because he is actually contracted for another season and I’m hopeful he can be like a new signing next season. Currie I’d keep but would like to see another keeper come in that could provide competition for the starting spot.

For the “unsure” lot there’s a few we simply haven’t seen enough of. Lyons has been injured but what I saw of him I thought he looked decent enough. Would be happy to see him get another chance. Cantley hasn’t had much time at all so it’s down the coaching staff to decide if he’s good enough as a backup based on what they see in training, but as I’ve said I’d like to see a more experienced keeper come in to challenge Currie which doesn’t bode well for Cantley. McDonald’s always looked good when he’s played imo, he’s just been behind superior players. If he wanted to leave for more game time you couldn’t blame him but I think there’s a decent player there. Not convinced Agnew can go another season even though he’s played some good stuff this season. Might be best for the team going forward if he was just the assistant manager, but I’d gladly be proven wrong if he kept playing.

Not much to say about the ones I’d bin. None of them have played much and when they have I don’t think they’ve shown the required ability.

27 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Keep - Fordyce, McCabe, Frizzell, Smith, Easton, McGill, Watson, Currie, Kouider-Aissa

Unsure - Agnew, McDonald, Cantley, Lyons, Gallagher

Bin - Ritchie, Allan, Walker, Pyott

I’ve put Salim in with the keep lot purely because he is actually contracted for another season and I’m hopeful he can be like a new signing next season. Currie I’d keep but would like to see another keeper come in that could provide competition for the starting spot.

For the “unsure” lot there’s a few we simply haven’t seen enough of. Lyons has been injured but what I saw of him I thought he looked decent enough. Would be happy to see him get another chance. Cantley hasn’t had much time at all so it’s down the coaching staff to decide if he’s good enough as a backup based on what they see in training, but as I’ve said I’d like to see a more experienced keeper come in to challenge Currie which doesn’t bode well for Cantley. McDonald’s always looked good when he’s played imo, he’s just been behind superior players. If he wanted to leave for more game time you couldn’t blame him but I think there’s a decent player there. Not convinced Agnew can go another season even though he’s played some good stuff this season. Might be best for the team going forward if he was just the assistant manager, but I’d gladly be proven wrong if he kept playing.

Not much to say about the ones I’d bin. None of them have played much and when they have I don’t think they’ve shown the required ability.

Pretty pointless exercise until we know which league we're in.

I’m actually genuinely surprised anyone would have Gal on any unsure or bin lists - each to their own of course but he’s consistently been one of our top scorers every season and works his socks off. No brainier to keep him for me.

Similar with Aggy - I get that he’s getting on a bit in his career now but, bar a few shaky performances, he’s been consistently reliable this season - turning in some superb performances along the way as well. Add to that his role as Assistant Manager and I don’t think he will be going anywhere as long as we can keep Ian Murray.

The only guys I’d be looking to move on would be the fringe guys - people like Ritchie, Lyons, Walker, McDonald, etc. - rest would be keep for me.

Even taking quality out of the equation, you want to keep as much of this group together as possible, given the team spirit we’ve got.

2 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

I’m actually genuinely surprised anyone would have Gal on any unsure or bin lists - each to their own of course but he’s consistently been one of our top scorers every season and works his socks off. No brainier to keep him for me.

Similar with Aggy - I get that he’s getting on a bit in his career now but, bar a few shaky performances, he’s been consistently reliable this season - turning in some superb performances along the way as well. Add to that his role as Assistant Manager and I don’t think he will be going anywhere as long as we can keep Ian Murray.

The only guys I’d be looking to move on would be the fringe guys - people like Ritchie, Lyons, Walker, McDonald, etc. - rest would be keep for me.

Even taking quality out of the equation, you want to keep as much of this group together as possible, given the team spirit we’ve got.

Aggy and Gal were between keep and unsure for me. Think it all depends on what league we’re in next season as the uncertainty is more around how well they’d perform in the Championship. If we’re in League One again I’d have no problems with them remaining as regular starters, but I’m not sure they’re good enough to have such important roles in the Championship.