The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

39 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Guilty of handling it wrong or guilty of racism, 

I think we should leave this to the Tribunal which will probably be during the close season.   Unless of course it is a good old fashioned kangaroo court....

Both sides if they want can claim or counter claim in social Media all they like,  irrelevant at this time....

Looking forward to todays game. Still feeling a little flat from the result + events of last weeks game + court case so will be choosing to watch EFTV or GTFTV as it should be named. 

Haven’t heard much about east fife in recent weeks but I assume that they’ll be up for this today if they want to stay up. 

I’d like to see Allan start instead of Gal today. I think that match against cove was beyond his strengths. We needed someone who would chase down the ball from their back 3. 

Apart from that, the team is still looking strong and we’re still in it just now. 

Safe journey for those who are heading up ♦️

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

I think we should leave this to the Tribunal which will probably be during the close season.   Unless of course it is a good old fashioned kangaroo court....

Both sides if they want can claim or counter claim in social Media all they like,  irrelevant at this time....

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Looking forward to todays game. Still feeling a little flat from the result + events of last weeks game + court case so will be choosing to watch EFTV or GTFTV as it should be named. 

Haven’t heard much about east fife in recent weeks but I assume that they’ll be up for this today if they want to stay up. 

I’d like to see Allan start instead of Gal today. I think that match against cove was beyond his strengths. We needed someone who would chase down the ball from their back 3. 

Apart from that, the team is still looking strong and we’re still in it just now. 

Beware the Fifers,just ask Cove. Should have to much for them today though 1-3  diamonds 

14 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

China? Are we signing Zheng Zhi?

Not quite. Heard a couple of times over the past week or so that Alan Gow will be appointed as Head of youth development with some Chinese investment going into it. 

Personally I'll believe it when I see it but given what's happened to us in recent years nothing is impossible.

9 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Good call Allan for Gallacher😎. Every team needs a whipping boy and Gallagher is ours. Don’t see him being dropped too often unless for tactical reasons. He’s vice captain and given the service he’ll get his share of goals.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

Good call Allan for Gallacher😎. Every team needs a whipping boy and Gallagher is ours. Don’t see him being dropped too often unless for tactical reasons. He’s vice captain and given the service he’ll get his share of goals.

Pleased for him and the team! Two fairly impossible to miss chances thought but saying that, I’ve seen him miss even better opportunities 😂

mon the QP for tomorrow!

Edited by Diamond1924

3 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Pleased for him and the team! Two fairly impossible to miss chances thought but saying that, I’ve seen him miss even better opportunities 😂

mon the QP for tomorrow!

If QP win tomorrow it’s a double winner… pretty much guaranteeing Falkirk L1 football next season and helping close the gap at the top.  It’s a cow field surface, guess anything could happen 

12 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

mon the QP for tomorrow!

Both easy looking goals for Gall but the key thing is, you've got to be getting into those positions to score them. And Gall is very good at that. He gets himself into good positions often. Can be a very frustrating player at times but nobody can fault his effort, workrate etc. and he's scored some very important goals for us this season. 

On 02/04/2022 at 20:06, Diamond8 said:

Not quite. Heard a couple of times over the past week or so that Alan Gow will be appointed as Head of youth development with some Chinese investment going into it. 

Personally I'll believe it when I see it but given what's happened to us in recent years nothing is impossible.

Wouldn't seem an obvious investment!!!

Chinese authorities have been encouraging a move away from football, we don't have a youth set up to invest and it wouldn't be a separate legal entity to the club anyway (I’d expect an investment to be put in as shares), we're in the third tier which isn't an easy place to sell people on from. I'm with you in taking that with a large glug of soy sauce!

Promotion is key. Owners and management team would have won this league most years. Let's hope we win promotion this year and can build from there.

Come on the Spiders!

Edited by CapitalDiamond

20 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Presumably this tidbit is coming from the same folk that said we were signing strikers from West Ham etc etc. 

32 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Presumably this tidbit is coming from the same folk that said we were signing strikers from West Ham etc etc. 

The West Ham stuff was true. 

We were due to sign Sean Adarkwa on loan. West Ham failed to sign a couple of their targets for the first team. Which meant they had to promote forwards from different age groups and so West Ham cancelled the deal.

They then offered us another player (can't remember his name) Airdrie agreed only for the players agent to put a stop to the deal as he wanted his client to go on loan to a local club. 

That all came from one of our directors.