The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Not sure if there's anything in it but I've noticed that the club channels have been describing tomorrow's fixture as taking place at the Excelsior Stadium, rather than the Penny Cars Stadium. From what I can see it's the first this has been done since 2018. Anyone know if the sponsorship deal is over?

Noticed the last time I passed that the signage had been taken down. 

On 18/03/2022 at 10:10, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Not sure if there's anything in it but I've noticed that the club channels have been describing tomorrow's fixture as taking place at the Excelsior Stadium, rather than the Penny Cars Stadium. From what I can see it's the first this has been done since 2018. Anyone know if the sponsorship deal is over?

On 18/03/2022 at 12:55, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Noticed the last time I passed that the signage had been taken down. 

Stadium announcer just welcomed us all to the Penny Cars Stadium. He's maybe not seen the memo.

The way it was announced right as everyone was leaving was a bit odd but it was nice to see Fordyce get this at the end. He’s been a brilliant player for us since he joined, a real leader and incredibly consistent. I’d absolutely love to see him lifting a trophy at the end of this season. Here’s to the next 100!

That was probably the most enjoyable afternoon of football I’ve had in awhile. Shockingly … for various reasons that was my first Airdrie game of the season . Two fine goals in glorious sunshine and a controlled performance…. just class !!!

The quadruple substitution from the QP manager was a total admission that he hasn't a clue of how to fix things. I knew from that moment on that we would see the game out fairly easily. QP are a fine group of individual players but their lack of creativity in the final third is astonishing. I doubt there have been many sides this season who have created so few clear cut chances against us.

As for us, it is hard to remember when we have had such a well organised and talented group of players. The only missing piece of the jigsaw for me is  not having a Megginson in the side. I was hopeful like many that Salim would be that guy but glad to see that Callum Smith is showing us what he is truly capable of.

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Solid win and two cracking goals and glad I was there in person to see a quadruple substitution and a Dylan Easton master class. Hope the stream got better. Cheers from Chapelhall!

Aye, a good win, a few really good players in our league non better than Dylan Easton though, 

41 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

Airdrie should be doing everything to get a decent crowd in on Saturday. Offer tickets to the schools, kids teams & youth groups. 

Tickets for a tenner (fiver for concessions) is pretty bloody excellent as gestures go, in my opinion. Hope it is met with a good response. 

Listening to super scoreboard there and they were talking about the games on this weekend. Got to airdrie v cove and Gordon Dalziel laughed saying he was never there when he was DOF,  and it reminded me of what an absolute farce we’ve been over the years 😂😂😂. I’ve erased all that from memory.

Even if you put the on the park success to one side I’m grateful we’ve got a bit of stability from top to bottom. 

Great to see everyone pulling in the same direction to hopefully bring the success we all deserve.

Bring on Saturday ♦️♦️

4 hours ago, AndyDD said:

https://www.idlehandsduffy.com/post/diamond-watches-and-that-s-why-we-watch-the-fitba

Blog post in anticipation of Saturday. We're getting very carried away and I absolutely love it. 

I enjoyed the read and endorse so much of it. Did I spot a wee typo in McInory or have I just read it too quickly; Roll on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Listening to super scoreboard there and they were talking about the games on this weekend. Got to airdrie v cove and Gordon Dalziel laughed saying he was never there when he was DOF,  and it reminded me of what an absolute farce we’ve been over the years 😂😂😂. I’ve erased all that from memory.

Even if you put the on the park success to one side I’m grateful we’ve got a bit of stability from top to bottom. 

Great to see everyone pulling in the same direction to hopefully bring the success we all deserve.

Bring on Saturday ♦️♦️

Certainly I never laughed during his dreadful role and performance in that period. Charlatan.  Roll on Saturday but don't let him anywhere near us ever again.

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Bring on Saturday ♦️♦️

Less than five years since we had Donald Jennow and Gordon Dalziel (on the very rare occasion where he actually turned up) taking us for the League Cup games before the Willie Aitchison saga for the first few league games. Everything about the club was an absolute shambles back then, whatever happens this season we're miles away from that nonsense and definitely heading in the right direction.