The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, David W said:

Only David Goodwillie (3) and Declan McManus (2) have scored League 1 hat tricks since McIntosh.

Mitch got one in August against EF in our 5-2 win and Rory got one in our 3-1 win at Alloa in October. Can't think of any others

Edited by CoveRangers1922

54 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Mitch got one in August against EF in our 5-2 win and Rory got one in our 3-1 win at Alloa in October. Can't think of any others

Fair enough, obviously the site I found hadn't been updated recently!

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I don't even want to think about the possibility of that. It wouldn't be would it? The people behind the scenes at the club can't be that stupid surely?

The next team to sign Goodwillie DESERVE the chaos.  They’ve seen what’s happened at Raith.  But we do need a striker! 

1 minute ago, FLDiamond said:

The next team to sign Goodwillie DESERVE the chaos.  They’ve seen what’s happened at Raith.  But we do need a striker! 

I honestly don't know how any club could be stupid enough to sign him right after what happened at Raith. I'd have been opposed to signing him for obvious reasons anyway, but it'd be so much stupider now.

Just now, FLDiamond said:

We don’t need another midfielder in my opinion.  Is the pen coming out to play again in the next few minutes? Hope so 

Striker should definitely be the priority right now but to be fair we lost two midfielders in January, one a regular starter (McInroy) and one benchwarmer (Caves) so getting one more in seems fair enough. We've got five boys competing for four spots in the midfield with Ritchie and McDonald not getting much game time so it's not like we've got loads of options in that area. Hopefully this lad comes in and challenges the others but him being so young and only really played in the Lowland League it is probably most likely that he's on a par with the likes of Ritchie etc. Would be good to hear what Killie fans think of him or how he got on with BSC.