The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Don't think Ian Murray reads this and listen's to me!

Harry Milne must surely be attracting the attention of full time clubs.

Harry is a quality LWB. Defensively and offensively very effective and for me didn't look out of place at Easter Road. He also handled Martin Boyle very well at Balmoral and Josh Ginnelly at Tynecastle. Full time I think he could go to another level to where he is now.

Thought the Dons would be keeping a keen eye on him. Only 25. 

I do know Harry. Good friends with his brother-in-law and my wife was Harry's sister's bridesmaid and vice versa. Football isn't everything for him, he's got a degree and wants to use it. Don't think he'd uproot his life to play for a mid-top end table Championship side for instance. It would need to be a very targeted move for him to lure into FT football away from Cove. Money talks so not saying it's impossible that he moves on but I know he's not itching to leave.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

55 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Harry is a quality LWB. Defensively and offensively very effective and for me didn't look out of place at Easter Road. He also handled Martin Boyle very well at Balmoral and Josh Ginnelly at Tynecastle. Full time I think he could go to another level to where he is now.

Thought the Dons would be keeping a keen eye on him. Only 25. 

I do know Harry. Good friends with his brother-in-law and my wife was Harry's sister's bridesmaid and vice versa. Football isn't everything for him, he's got a degree and wants to use it. Don't think he'd uproot his life to play for a mid-top end table Championship side for instance. It would need to be a very targeted move for him to lure into FT football away from Cove. Money talks so not saying it's impossible that he moves on but I know he's not itching to leave.

Yeh thought he'd a great game in the cup tie at Easter Road and I wouldn't be surprised if a premier league club came in for him.

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

An ITK poster going on about a transfer for weeks that doesn’t actually happen? Colour me shocked.

If your referring to me being "ITK", I'm very much the opposite TBQHWY.

I heard a name, I posted it, hardly ITK.

However, If I'd have came on and gave it the "I hear we are signing a young striker with massive potential, has made first team appearances for his parent club, exciting stuff" and then not mentioned a name....... then I'd be calling myself a walloper never mind waiting for someone else to.

8 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

If your referring to me being "ITK", I'm very much the opposite TBQHWY.

I heard a name, I posted it, hardly ITK.

However, If I'd have came on and gave it the "I hear we are signing a young striker with massive potential, has made first team appearances for his parent club, exciting stuff" and then not mentioned a name....... then I'd be calling myself a walloper never mind waiting for someone else to.

I believe several times the deal was virtually done only for Celtic/Moffatt to renege.  And I'm not an ITK either.

25 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Hasn't all the Moffat stuff just been rumour and guess work ? 

Not going to get myself worked up over something that might not have even been a thing to begin with.

Folk just want to be raging on here! 

We’ve not lost in the league for a couple of months, so there’s not much more for folk to moan about these days 🙈😂

35 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Not going to get myself worked up over something that might not have even been a thing to begin with.

Absolutely no idea the weight of the rumour at all or what stage it was at.  Maybe the plug was pulled, as McGills injury wasn't as bad as first feared? Who knows!

I'd have thought that beating Cove was a must but, upon reflection, I'm fairly content with that point. 7 is not a huge gap and I don't see Cove winning all their remaining games. Had we lost it was over, but I don't think catching them is beyond us quite yet. It does make the QP draw, and especially that damn clyde result, all the more frustrating.

We merited the draw, I think that's fair to say. We have it in us to beat them when they come down the road, too. 

I was excited when the rumblings of Moffat joining on loan were first felt on here, so a shame if that has indeed fallen through, especially when I think we would benefit significantly from having a different attacking option to complement what we've already got. I hope very much Gabby does make it to the squad on Saturday as he does offer something different to Gal, Smithy and Allan. 

Massive game ahead this weekend, against a side who have had our number in the two prior fixtures but who, again, I think we're more than capable of beating. If QP want to throw in another draw in their fixture, that'd be lovely as well. 

51 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

There had been a few rumours that Airdrie were close to signing someone on loan from Celtic. Then the following Saturday (Falkirk game I think?) some pics done the rounds of Moffat in hospitality.

Gabbys return may have lessened the requirement for another forward to be brought in. 

No idea if Luke Lyons, Salim or Pyott will play again this season but certainly our squad is looking healthier than it has done.

As for the title as I said somewhere else barring a Monumental cove collapse I can’t see us or Montrose catching them. Don’t know who’s funding them but even looking at their squad on Saturday it’s the best in the league imo. 

The good news is the gap between us and 5th would be pretty hard to be clawed back.

24 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Agree Cove have strongest sqad, can't help feeling if all our squad had been fit the gap would have been closer, 

Agreed.

A fit salim or gabby could have made the difference.

Think we will be looking at the Dumbarton draw at the start of the season and the montrose games as results that buggered our season 

I think it’s been a good season so far and enjoyed it properly for the first time in years. We’ve played some brilliant football and we’re still genuine contenders for the title in February. When was the last time we were able to say that? It ain’t over till the slightly overweight person of no specific gender has started to give us a song.

19 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Agreed.

A fit salim or gabby could have made the difference.

Think we will be looking at the Dumbarton draw at the start of the season and the montrose games as results that buggered our season 

Aye, the Clyde game we had 3 point's won  that game, its all the wee things that could have made a difference, 

8 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye, the Clyde game we had 3 point's won  that game, its all the wee things that could have made a difference, 

Forgot about clyde as well ! 

That and the Dumbarton game stand out as points dropped. No disrespect to either of them but it's games we threw away due to mistakes 

48 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Forgot about clyde as well ! 

That and the Dumbarton game stand out as points dropped. No disrespect to either of them but it's games we threw away due to mistakes 

That's football,   every team drops points,  The Clyde game was bizarre,  we should have won it and probably should have lost with Tade missing an open goal in he last minute, so is that 2 dropped or 1 gained....

We are still in with a chance, looking ahead if we can hang in.....Cove have a horrendous 4 away games in a row  Falkirk,  ourselves, Montrose and Queens about 6 weeks away....That spell will be make or  break for us all,   prior to that we need to fill the final 2 loan spaces   we still have 3 weeks to provide us with different options on the pitch....

Exciting times