The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Writing really has been on the wall for a while now that McInroy wasn't coming back to us on loan, just glad he's not moved to another team in our division. His loan spell with us has undoubtedly been a success and he's shown that he can clearly play at a higher level than league 1 so unless we come up against him in the playoffs can only wish him all the best. It's perhaps worth noting that all his games for us bar away to Dumbarton have been on an artificial surface whilst in the Championship majority of his games will be on grass/mud so be interesting to see how his playing style fits in at Ayr.

Edited by Caro-Kann

9 hours ago, Caro-Kann said:

Writing really has been on the wall for a while now that McInroy wasn't coming back to us on loan, just glad he's not moved to another team in our division. His loan spell with us has undoubtedly been a success and he's shown that he can clearly play at a higher level than league 1 so unless we come up against him in the playoffs can only wish him all the best. It's perhaps worth noting that all his games for us bar away to Dumbarton have been on an artificial surface whilst in the Championship majority of his games will be on grass/mud so be interesting to see how his playing style fits in at Ayr.

Turner was a stand out with us except  against  Morton, anyway we are lucky we have a few good midfielder players, big Big game on sat let's make it  happy one for Airdrie, 

36 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Ah well, at least we are not Raith Rovers.

What an uproar there's been, 6/7 people connected with raith already resigned. Surely they were aware there was going to be a lot of backlash.

16 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

What an uproar there's been, 6/7 people connected with raith already resigned. Surely they were aware there was going to be a lot of backlash.

What to I know about football, Allan no disrespect meant  but player of the month, in front of Easton,mcCabe,Frizzell , what am I watching, who votes this and picks the 4 players, 

16 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

What to I know about football, Allan no disrespect meant  but player of the month, in front of Easton,mcCabe,Frizzell , what am I watching, who votes this and picks the 4 players, 

Why does it need to have such a negative spin on it ? 

Other boys are player of the season contenders , usually very consistent in thier quality. 

Allan has came in with minimal game time up until now , got 2 goals couple of assists and has showed good fight and offered us options. Hopefully it continues.

26 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

What to I know about football, Allan no disrespect meant  but player of the month, in front of Easton, McCabe, Frizzell , what am I watching, who votes this and picks the 4 players, 

Its a poll on twitter, basically the club put 4 players forward, people vote, simple as that.

The way I see it, it could be a wee bit of confidence for the laddie, he enjoys the accolade and then bags a few more goals before the end of the season.  I'm sure the rest of the guys are delighted for him.

39 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Other boys are player of the season contenders , usually very consistent in thier quality. 

Allan has came in with minimal game time up until now , got 2 goals couple of assists and has showed good fight and offered us options. Hopefully it continues.

My opinion, hope he is our new Andy Ryan, 

Disappointed with the lack of a deadline day signing, clearly Murray was hanging his hat on McInroy and didnt actually have a plan B.

Not sure that there's much of anything floating around at the moment in the free transfer or loan markets

If Allan being PoM translates into motivation and more goals, I'm all for it.

Edited by G_H

4 minutes ago, G_H said:

Disappointed with the lack of a deadline day signing, clearly Murray was hanging his hat on McInroy and didnt actually have a plan B.

Not sure that there's much of anything floating around at the moment in the free transfer or loan markets

If Allan being PoM translates into motivation and more goals, I'm all for it.

Deadline day doesn't really affect us so wouldn't look into too much, the deadline for loan players is the end of this month.

26 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Deadline day doesn't really affect us so wouldn't look into too much, the deadline for loan players is the end of this month.

Agreed 

And Murray himself said he wanted a couple of bodies, so unless Mcinroy is 2 people then I don't think he's put all his eggs in that basket. 

Think teams in the Premier league and championship will be assessing their sqauds after yesterday and we will hopefully see some movement later in the week. Just hope it's good quality players and not bench warmers.

4 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

Here's me thinking it was for our best player of the month, I  stand corrected  sorry for being so nieve, 

22 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Here's me thinking it was for our best player of the month, I  stand corrected  sorry for being so nieve, 

Deary me. 

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and folk have voted for him. I didn't,  would have given it to frizz,  but happy for the lad cause I support the team and want them all to do well. 

Are you that boy that sits along from that just picks a player to hurl abuse at every season? 

Was Crichton,  before that Miller,  just abuse , regardless of what's going on on the park. 

Worlds mental when you cant even praise a player without a negative spin being put on it.  Who would want to play for airdrie eh...

45 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Deary me. 

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and folk have voted for him. I didn't,  would have given it to frizz,  but happy for the lad cause I support the team and want them all to do well. 

Are you that boy that sits along from that just picks a player to hurl abuse at every season? 

Was Crichton,  before that Miller,  just abuse , regardless of what's going on on the park. 

Worlds mental when you cant even praise a player without a negative spin being put on it.  Who would want to play for airdrie eh...

Not McInroy anyway, and no I am not the boy that hurls the abuse, I was looking from the other players thoughts on the choice its no big deal, personally I could not give toss who is player of the month, 

Why are people creaming their pants over McEnroy, he's not exactly a Paul Jonquin, played for us for less than half a season, now plays for a team we should beat in the play offs. 

It was pretty obvious that he was looking after No1 when he went back to Sellik, so move on and let's forget about the half season wonder, and screw him at the next available opportunity.

4 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Hope he kicks on and scores a couple on Sat, think we will all agree with that . 

You'll get no argument from me on that.

I genuinely do want Jordan to do well, he seems to have been a bit part player everywhere he's went.  I'd love nothing more than him proving he deserves to be a first choice.

33 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

You'll get no argument from me on that.

I genuinely do want Jordan to do well, he seems to have been a bit part player everywhere he's went.  I'd love nothing more than him proving he deserves to be a first choice.

Injury free run in the team can do no harm, think he has the ability just needs the confidence,