The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Getting awffy bored of the constant Advertiser articles about Kerr McInroy. If he wanted to be back he'd be here already. He isn't... lets move on. 

See there's a striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers thats scored 40 goals so far this season... given we got Pyott from Thorniewood, could he be an option?

39 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Getting awffy bored of the constant Advertiser articles about Kerr McInroy. If he wanted to be back he'd be here already. He isn't... lets move on. 

See there's a striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers thats scored 40 goals so far this season... given we got Pyott from Thorniewood, could he be an option?

I think we should be looking at Rangers and Celtic’s B teams in the Lowland League, as we’ve already done with Paterson and apparently have been attempting to with Moffat. That Tony Weston boy’s got a great record for Rangers B in that league which is of a pretty decent standard as we all know. Surely Rangers would rather he got regular game time in League One than in the Lowland League?

2 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Yeah. How's Pyott doing again? 

22 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Good point... well made...

See the Penny Cars branding has been removed from the stadium, any idea when that particular deal comes to an end?

Apparently was a 5 year deal in 2018 which probably means nothing to Penny Cars.

8 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Would have gone with Patterson and Allan  but what do I know I seem to see things different to manager, 

Me too, Gallagher a lucky man to retain a jersey. He was frustrating the life out of me on Tuesday and his touch was terrible. I suppose Murray trust's Agnew but he's not for me.

Edited by Kenny_m

4 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Me too, Gallagher a lucky man to retain a jersey. Was frustrating the life out of me on Tuesday, his touch was terrible. I suppose Murray trust's Agnew but he's not for me.

Aye its players to start we are looking to sign  not to sit on bench . 

A pessimist might see this as a chance to close the gap missed, but we’ve drawn away to Queen’s Park while Cove have drawn away to Dumbarton. Our result undoubtedly not as bad as theirs. They’re not invincible. They will drop points. I feel better about our title chances than I did yesterday.

I thought that’s was a very poor performance. These are the games we NEED to win.

How Smith missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. Shocking miss. 

Why Gallagher was on today is also beyond me. He offered absolutely nothing on Tuesday night. Bringing Allan on for half an hour was too little too late I’m afraid. We desperately need a striker who can stay on side and grab a game by the scruff when needed.

I wasn’t too impressed with Paterson either. I think he needs a start to get settled and then he can kick on. 

Watson is also pretty dire at the moment and offers very little going forward. Id much rather see MacDonald at right back instead. 

2 points from a possible 6 with Cove still looking to steam ahead. Poor, Airdrie.

7 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

A pessimist might see this as a chance to close the gap missed, but we’ve drawn away to Queen’s Park while Cove have drawn away to Dumbarton. Our result undoubtedly not as bad as theirs. They’re not invincible. They will drop points. I feel better about our title chances than I did yesterday.

You are spot on imo 👍

14 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

You are spot on imo 👍

Yip, on paper we had the hardest game today. We weren't great and a point was all that we deserved but it does make next week at Cove a massive match -

A draw just about keeps us in it.

Lose and it's the play offs for us.

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

I thought that’s was a very poor performance. These are the games we NEED to win.

How Smith missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. Shocking miss. 

Why Gallagher was on today is also beyond me. He offered absolutely nothing on Tuesday night. Bringing Allan on for half an hour was too little too late I’m afraid. We desperately need a striker who can stay on side and grab a game by the scruff when needed.

I wasn’t too impressed with Paterson either. I think he needs a start to get settled and then he can kick on. 

Watson is also pretty dire at the moment and offers very little going forward. Id much rather see MacDonald at right back instead. 

2 points from a possible 6 with Cove still looking to steam ahead. Poor, Airdrie.

Agree , we were crying out for new Full backs and we'd get them and don't play them in the right positions,   the midfield was looking tired today,  Dylan and Frizz need to player closer together to get the passing moves going,     we need something extra in the final third,  getting a little predictable...

A frustrating day although I did think we would draw before hand. Rarely in the game for 25 minutes and that was partly the pitch not suiting our close passing narrow style , and QP having so much time and space in quick passing. When they scored I feared the worst but credit due to Smith for chasing down their defender and finally setting up McGill. The great pity is however that we will all remember the sitter. 

It looked like two teams cancelling each other out and it was hardly exciting. Once again I was puzzled at IM's decision to move McDonald into a weird midfield. Agnew was also far too deep so it was all close dribbles up to the front. Gal did not deserve to start today , Watson runs out of ideas, and we rarely benefit from corners. And no one left up when we concede one.on the other hand it does keep us up there and maybe Cove are catcheable. Awful pitch and the smallest urinal trough ever encountered. Cheers.