The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Since we’ve heard very little on the signing front I’ve decided to take it upon myself to invent some speculation. Had a wee look at squad lists and recent lineups and noticed that Calum Waters (who would be a much needed left back) hasn’t kicked a ball for Kilmarnock since early December and likely won’t be dislodging Haunstrup from the starting lineup anytime soon. Could be worth enquiring about although him not playing is not necessarily an indication that Kilmarnock would be willing to let him leave on loan or otherwise.

56 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Since we’ve heard very little on the signing front I’ve decided to take it upon myself to invent some speculation. Had a wee look at squad lists and recent lineups and noticed that Calum Waters (who would be a much needed left back) hasn’t kicked a ball for Kilmarnock since early December and likely won’t be dislodging Haunstrup from the starting lineup anytime soon. Could be worth enquiring about although him not playing is not necessarily an indication that Kilmarnock would be willing to let him leave on loan or otherwise.

'I'm hearing Waters to Airdrie from a solid Diamonds source' will be appearing on twitter shortly 

Clyde don't seen to have publicised it (no tweet or anything like that) nor have Airdrie, so here's the link to their website to purchase tickets for the rearranged game on Tuesday night. 

Yes, they are charging again, at the 'reduced price' of 13 quid.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2022/01/21/7020/#.Yer6ENDP02x

49 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Clyde don't seen to have publicised it (no tweet or anything like that) nor have Airdrie, so here's the link to their website to purchase tickets for the rearranged game on Tuesday night. 

Yes, they are charging again, at the 'reduced price' of 13 quid.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2022/01/21/7020/#.Yer6ENDP02x

25 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Decent player remember him at Alloa when we played them in the playoffs,

is this happening or just usual ITK drivel

I’m not itk and never claimed to be. I just had a look at squads and thought he could be someone that might be available in a position we need.

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I’m not itk and never claimed to be. I just had a look at squads and thought he could be someone that might be available in a position we need.

I think someone has taken what you said , made a joke , and now everyone has jumped on it as a fact....

No doubt about it, McInroy is a fantastic player (at this level at least) and has been the difference in a few games this season. That said, there was life after Kyle Turner and there'll be life after Kerr McInroy. 

Looking forward to Maryhill tomorrow. 

It reminded me of the 2-1 defeat to Falkirk earlier in the season. We dominated the ball against ten men but created very little with it unfortunately. We do seem to struggle trying to break down stubborn defences, particularly if we’re losing. I quite enjoyed Kerr and Watson being put up front and Currie being pushed up for corners though, Murrayball is back baby!

Thistle deserved the win overall. We started at our usual high intensity and looked good but after that Thistle were the better team until the sending off. I’m not convinced it was a sending off but either way we never really took advantage of it. Allan and Smith caused their defence problems all day but again, we had very little in the way of clear chances to show for it. Thistle spent most of the second half time wasting which seemed to upset most of our fans but to be fair to them, they were very good at it. 

I can’t say I’m too disappointed to be out the cup, I didn’t expect to win the game and ultimately we didn’t do enough to deserve it. Next week’s games are far more important for us, two wins would be massive and keep us right up there chasing Cove ahead of our game next month.