The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

19 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Certainly done nothing for Airdrie  on the park, 

It’s a very small sample size but as far as league games go, we’re P10 W3 D2 L5 with Quitongo playing and P10 W9 D0 L1 without him. I don’t think that says too much, as he’s played in all four games against Cove and Montrose when I’m not sure having Scott McGill in there would have made a huge difference, but it does show that other than being a natural left back he didn’t have much of a positive impact when he did play. I don’t think he was hugely suited to the style of play we’re going with anyway but I’m sure he’ll get another club at this level and be absolutely fine there.

It’s a shame how the situation has ended up but I think this is the the best situation for everyone. As others have said, the way it’s been handled on both sides doesn’t appear to be ideal so I can understand why Rico would want to leave. I’m guessing if he’s asked to be released then we haven’t had to pay up the rest of his contract which is good and should hopefully help to fund a new signing.

Probably best for all parties that Rico moves on. A grim episode for the club over the last couple of months, particularly that horror show of a statement. It's also a sad inevitability that the usual knuckle draggers will be all over that abortion of a Facebook group with their hot takes about him tonight.

However, it has to be said that given the general ability of the squad this season he was for me at least, a level below the vast majority of the other players. But we do need a left back asap, we're paper thin at the moment and all the good work will be for naught if the board don't get their finger out with multiple signings.

Edited by cb_diamond

Some of the comments on social media (both his and public and private pages) have been appalling too though and do not suggest sympathy let alone support and solidarity. 

A minority of course but still virulent enough that I can understand why he’d be inclined to not really want to play in front of our fans again. Maybe not fair but I can understand it. 

The situation was untenable both for the player and for the club. It was clear he didn’t want to play for us, and despite our idiots, whose comments are reprehensible at times, there were just as many airdrie fans calling that out and supporting him. And the same number again disappointed at the club statement.
That support shown has never been acknowledged, and feels like we’ve all been thrown under the same bus.
Let’s move on.

It's been a strangely subdued week after a high-performance again st East Fife,   The McInroy situation looks to have dragged on too long, it seems reading between the lines on Murray's interview that Celtic and ourselves are pretty much agreed, it seems the player and his advisors are the issue here,  would not be surprised if he washes up at Morton or the like...   In the last week or so thats the squad down three in an already threadbare squad,  

The Falkirk game is massive especially with Cove and Montrose p!aying each other.. have we been caughtnapping signings wise and hoping to limp on for another couple of weeks, as said before we have little margin for error.

onto The game now do we line up, does Kerr come back into centre half to partner the erratic Fordyce or does our best defender recently McCabe stay in the defence of move back into Midfield,  ,  does Gall if fit replace Allan up top.....

Falkirk who still seem an absolute basket case off the park will be dangerous and still have decent players,      3 points are imperative looking forward to it..

5 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Rico away. 

Wish the lad all the best in the future, personally thought we could have used him as leverage in a swap dea!.....

Hopeful!y that is the whole circus mov ing off, with nobody really any the wiser of claim and counter claim.

No doubt the club will get its usual bad press for this mutual parting of the ways

40 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Wish the lad all the best in the future, personally thought we could have used him as leverage in a swap dea!.....

Hopeful!y that is the whole circus mov ing off, with nobody really any the wiser of claim and counter claim.

No doubt the club will get its usual bad press for this mutual parting of the ways

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Maybe this is what Ayr Diamond was warning of

Surely we’re not in a position to let one of our better players go, albeit we haven’t seen much of him this season but our squad is already low on bodies. Should only be considered if there’s a fee involved.

As said above though, 1 post and an account made within the hour, hmm….

I see someone posted on the facebook page about “Kerr and Rico away”. I’m hoping this is all just a mix-up with McInroy and Quitongo leaving this week, Josh Kerr leaving after barely playing and spending most of the season injured would be very odd. 

Seems the most likely scenario - people getting their Kerrs crossed. Josh Kerr is still under contract until the end of this season. So hypothetically, someone would need to pay a transfer fee. Can’t see it when he’s been injured so long.