The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

19 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Personally I can see McCabe back in centre back tomorrow don’t want to rush kerr back until he’s 100% fit incase he gets injured again 

Kerr lasted a minute last week and no injury, but really if not fit  should he be on the bench. 

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Kerr lasted a minute last week and no injury, but really if not fit  should he be on the bench. 

I would play McCabe at Centre Half, I don't expect East Fife to be very offensive, Kyle Connell is su s pended, I think they will come for a draw and hope to sneak it,  McCabe would give us more options coming out from the back.

On a side note the 'Record ' is stating that 3 l league 1 clubs are in for Celtic B left back Brody Patterson it's a position we could do with improving, I wonder if we are one of the three......

I would also play McCabe at centre back tomorrow. We’ve seen in both games against East Fife that we’ll have a lot of the ball, having him there to build play and control things from the back will be very useful. Assuming we’re winning then I’d look to give Josh Kerr half an hour or so though with a view to him possibly starting against Falkirk and Partick Thistle.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Good to see that as usual @Ayr Diamond was talking utter guff with his poundshop nostradamus "Wednesday will be the day" gubbins...

Seems very coincidental that his ITK accuracy dried up about the same time as Millar moved on. 

Anyway, tomorrow should be a home win, but still never able to relax enough. to be confident of a win. Fingers crossed as usual.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Seems very coincidental that his ITK accuracy dried up about the same time as Millar moved on. 

Anyway, tomorrow should be a home win, but still never able to relax enough. to be confident of a win. Fingers crossed as usual.

His “things are not looking good behind the scenes” comment was shortly followed by Millar leaving if I remember right so you might actually be on to something.

7 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

His “things are not looking good behind the scenes” comment was shortly followed by Millar leaving if I remember right so you might actually be on to something.

Well they seem to be pretty decent now by all accounts, as well as huge improvement on the pitch. Maybe Murray is now getting to run things himself and his way... 

I have to admit that I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t get McInroy signed up this week… I think it would have given everyone a lift going in to todays game. Does this mean it’s the last time we’ll see him in a Diamond? Hope not… I know we’re not fully in control of this situation but I was hoping that we could get it wrapped up and secure his services through May.  Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I have to admit that I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t get McInroy signed up this week… I think it would have given everyone a lift going in to todays game. Does this mean it’s the last time we’ll see him in a Diamond? Hope not… I know we’re not fully in control of this situation but I was hoping that we could get it wrapped up and secure his services through May.  Thoughts? 

I think his loan is until the 16th so he’ll still be with us for next week’s game against Falkirk at least. I’m not too panicked at the moment because there’s still time to get the deal done but if it’s still not done by this time next week I’ll be a bit more anxious.

1 minute ago, FLDiamond said:

The only objective should be 3 points today that is far important, after that I believe his loan is up, would imagine his immediate future will be decided in next week wouldn't be surprised if Falkirk try and get him as well, it could come down to who pays a bigger slice of his wage.....  Stil! Confident we will get him to end ofseason,  we still need 2 or 3 other players as well.....

Well what a great start again. Four wins on the bounce and pretty convincing performances to go along with them. 

I wish we kept going for another few goals in the second half. We kind of stopped and just allowed East fife to come on to us but we dealt with it very well. 

Was great to see Allan at it today. He played really well, constantly moving and making runs. On another day he could’ve had a couple more goals for sure. I’ve been a supporter of his for a while and hope he keeps this up. 

Looked good at the back again with another clean sheet! We are getting  caught out at times by making across the box passes which are unnecessary but that can be ironed out. 

I think today also highlighted how weak our bench is. The likes of Ritchie don’t really provide much when on. Although, Scott Walker does put in a good shift and has improved considerably in the last few weeks.

Hoping for another striker, left back and midfielder (if McInroy goes) in this window. That will tighten us right up and get us out of this horrible league. 

All in all, another happy Saturday ♦️

We are really are good to watch when we are on it.....  Easton, Frizzell, McIbroy here inter play is top notch,   The game in all honesty should have been 5 or 6 easy,  but as said before we are not ruthless enough and it is in the teams DNA,  a top striker would make no difference  IMO,   How East Fife never scored by capitalising on another Fordyce, McInroy mash up I will never know,  30 seconds later Dylan scored and game over..... Prunty was quiet in the dug out, when he should have been firing them up when he tempo dropped....  Good 3 points and clean sheet 3 on he spin,   2 needless bookings to McCabe and Fordyce must put them close to a one game ban... I think that kicks in at 5 bookings...

East Fife plugged away, with Connell still to come back they should score ok, defensively they are very slow and square at the back, we looked like scoring anytime we went forward.... I like Crawford as a manager and mid term will probably do well..

Falkirk next week is massive could do with a couple of new signings for that game, the bench is very weak and McGill took another knock,  we are ticking along nicely but have little margin for error.....  Onwards and upwards

A very good three points and after a fairly blistering start again we seemed to take the foot off the gas second half and allow East Fife to come into the game a lot more. 

Concerned that Gallagher didn't warm up at half time with the rest of the subs and having gone down the tunnel with the starting 11 at half time didn't reappear for the second half. Possibly been feeling under the weather hence being benched and it's worsened by half time. Can only hope there is nothing more to it and that he's fit for the visit of Falkirk next weekend as our striking options are limited enough as it is. Think after today though that Jordan Allan would be starting the next game anyway.

It was a great result and has to be praised as such. Felt happy for Jordan Allan and his full game and performance will surely help him. Although Easton got MOM  and his football was delightful in the first half he kinda dropped out after halftime. I thought Smith was smashing and just the lack of s goal kept him out of it. Some of our defence was bizarre when we were so dominant. How they never scored in that stramash is maybe why they are bottom. We let them off the hook in 2nd half. Clean sheet, four in a row, gap closed to Montrose and a cracker next week all means a good Saturday night as well as my first 2022 Curry.

10 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

A very good three points and after a fairly blistering start again we seemed to take the foot off the gas second half and allow East Fife to come into the game a lot more. 

Concerned that Gallagher didn't warm up at half time with the rest of the subs and having gone down the tunnel with the starting 11 at half time didn't reappear for the second half. Possibly been feeling under the weather hence being benched and it's worsened by half time. Can only hope there is nothing more to it and that he's fit for the visit of Falkirk next weekend as our striking options are limited enough as it is. Think after today though that Jordan Allan would be starting the next game anyway.

Gallagher was in the dugout for the second half. I just assumed that as we were 3-0 up and East Fife clearly weren't getting back into the game there was no point risking him today. 

As others have said, another very comfortable win today. The first half was excellent, we dominated the full half while playing some really nice football. The second half was a bit of a non-event but the game was done by then. We still have some concentration issues defensively as we did in the Clyde and Alloa games, I felt we had cut that out against Queen's Park and Dumbarton but most of East Fife's chances were due to poor decision making from our defence today. We've been lucky that teams haven't really punished us for it recently but it's something that needs to stop sooner rather than later. 

Next week's game will presumably be a much tougher game and I think Murray has some big decisions to make. I'd generally prefer Josh Kerr to play alongside Fordyce against a big, physical forward like Anton Dowds but breaking up McCabe and Fordyce's partnership is a risk. It's also hard to make a case for anyone dropping out the midfield, assuming McInroy is still here of course. Jordan Allan did well today and it would be harsh to drop him for next week but ultimately Gallagher is a better player, so it will be interesting to see who starts.