The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

29 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Had a look on the Falkirk thread and there seems to be an uproar over a potential goodwillie signing.. personally I’d have him in a heartbeat at us putting his past to one side. Could be the difference in the second half of the season…

As much as I have enjoyed winding the lolkirk fans about this subject (and one easily rattled Dundee weirdo) he's an odious individual and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

24 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Had a look on the Falkirk thread and there seems to be an uproar over a potential goodwillie signing.. personally I’d have him in a heartbeat at us putting his past to one side. Could be the difference in the second half of the season…

With the controversy that follows us, heads would explode if we signed him.

My ex's brother and mates were witnesses. So my opinion on him is shaped by what they had to say about the court case...etc. As such I personally wouldn't have any problems signing him. However I think I'd be in a minority.

If we did sign him I'd imagine there would be a lot of Airdrie fans as pissed off as the Falkirk support and the unusual good will shown to our team could go right out the window.

Not something I would find at all acceptable personally and something that would see me spend my money and time elsewhere, were it to happen.

An awful message to send to all the young supporters we would hope become the future backbone of the club. Leave that sort of desperation to clubs like falkirk. 

Anyway; announce McInroy

41 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

That "past" can't just be put aside though. He's a rapist and has never shown any contrition for his actions. 

1 hour ago, Stevo1968 said:

It was Raith Rovers at the weekend, with Val McDermid saying she'd withdraw her sponsorship if he was signed .... or is that story now dead?

3 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

It was Raith Rovers at the weekend, with Val McDermid saying she'd withdraw her sponsorship if he was signed .... or is that story now dead?

I’d read that somewhere too, ofcourse it is difficult to put such a thing to one side and it wouldn’t sit overly well with me if we did sign him, just thought I’d through it out there and see what the general consensus was.

23 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Was he fund guilty, only asking because I personally don't  know, 

The crown deemed there was not sufficient evidence to raise criminal proceedings but a civil case did and found him guilty.

The law of the land is too much for me to explain further.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Any news on new signings♦️

Not seen anything as yet but maybe some 'ITK' source will start dropping hints soon. Because that's always good...

Match report mentions that Ian Murray will be missing tomorrow due to covid so hopefully he's okay and back soon

https://www.airdriefc.com/2122-news/220107/airdrieonians-vs-east-fife

39 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Not seen anything as yet but maybe some 'ITK' source will start dropping hints soon. Because that's always good...

Match report mentions that Ian Murray will be missing tomorrow due to covid so hopefully he's okay and back soon

https://www.airdriefc.com/2122-news/220107/airdrieonians-vs-east-fife

Maybe Kerr back  that will be like a new signing's, 

23 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Aye will be interesting to see if Josh starts and if so, does that mean McCabe moves forward and Agnew drops out? 

Guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

Personally I can see McCabe back in centre back tomorrow don’t want to rush kerr back until he’s 100% fit incase he gets injured again