The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 hours ago, Mr November said:

Rhys Caves is away back to Dundee United, so that’s one less person to sit on the bench. 

Certainly no loss from a playing perspective but does leave us another man down from a squad that’s already down to the bare bones. Hopefully means there will be an addition or two before Saturday. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Priority before any new signings you would think, 

He isn’t going back to Celtic.  He’s got himself well and truly in the shop window and he won’t want to be sitting on the sidelines.  If the club has any ambition, they will secure his services until the summer and if we get promoted we’ll have an excellent chance to keep him beyond this season.  If we don’t make it, he’ll be off.   But why would he want to move now?  He’s full of confidence, settled in the squad and playing great football.  If he makes any kind of move it might not deliver the same kind of success for him.  I’m sure he’ll be wearing the Diamond in to February. If we lose him it could spell trouble.  Yes, we can sign other players but he has delivered the goods and we need to keep our best players that can help deliver results. 

2 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

He isn’t going back to Celtic.  He’s got himself well and truly in the shop window and he won’t want to be sitting on the sidelines.  If the club has any ambition, they will secure his services until the summer and if we get promoted we’ll have an excellent chance to keep him beyond this season.  If we don’t make it, he’ll be off.   But why would he want to move now?  He’s full of confidence, settled in the squad and playing great football.  If he makes any kind of move it might not deliver the same kind of success for him.  I’m sure he’ll be wearing the Diamond in to February. If we lose him it could spell trouble.  Yes, we can sign other players but he has delivered the goods and we need to keep our best players that can help deliver results. 

I'd hope you are right and I agree, it makes sense for him to continue on the rest of the season at a club he knows he's going to get game-time in, that he knows he is doing well in and enjoying, rather than starting over at yet another club, but his personal ambition to play at best level possible might come in to it if a club in the league above come in for him. Celtic will have a part to play in any decision, as well, regards what Kerr does the rest of this season. It's not just up to the player, I would imagine. 

His sub appearance at Ochilview cup ties him, so that might help. 

Hopefully if he wants to stay on, he'll be allowed to. I thought that was his loan up on 6th but apparently he's able to play Saturday? That's good news.