The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

32 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Any ITK's confirm whether we're still running this hybrid setup? A lot of interviews refer to "coming in on Tuesday and Thursday" which suggests its just back to part time which makes a lot more sense for us, surely.

Tuesday and Thursday might mean when the full team meets up not sure tho 

31 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Any ITK's confirm whether we're still running this hybrid setup? A lot of interviews refer to "coming in on Tuesday and Thursday" which suggests its just back to part time which makes a lot more sense for us, surely.

Would imagine its still hybrid with Easton and Quitongo to name a few signing full time deals.

3 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Why would being 'Part time' make more sense....

I am not iT all information is readily available if you do a bit of digging ..

Feel free to correct me here...

Full Time...... McCabe, Fordyce, Kerr, Lyons, Walker, Rico, Easton,McInRoy, S McGill, G McGill. McDonald, Ritchie,Frizzell , Smith, Sali m, Caves,

Part Time......  Currie, Cantley, Watson, Agnew, Allan, Gallagher..

It is our most talented p!aying  squad and coaching  staff for many years, full credit for all the work behind the scenes putting this together 

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

If you don't think journos troll social media for potential stories to eek out then you've naive. 

I agree two bit journos will no doubt scroll through various social media outlets looking for the latest scoop,  a p!ayer which we have probably scouted for months and agreed to join in January won't happen due to a cryptic message on Pie and Bovril....   Sorry don't buy it...

The club have a pretty decent record for not unveiling signings until they happen recent!y no one on here predicted the signings of Salim, S McGill or McInroy, let's trust the process  and hopefully get the team strengthened in the right area in the next week or two..

45 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I agree two bit journos will no doubt scroll through various social media outlets looking for the latest scoop,  a p!ayer which we have probably scouted for months and agreed to join in January won't happen due to a cryptic message on Pie and Bovril....   Sorry don't buy it...

The club have a pretty decent record for not unveiling signings until they happen recent!y no one on here predicted the signings of Salim, S McGill or McInroy, let's trust the process  and hopefully get the team strengthened in the right area in the next week or two..

But it wasn't a cryptic message. It straight out named someone we are supposedly interested in. So the next thing you know, it can become a story in a tabloid, which could alert another manager of a certain players availability so they enquire and maybe sign them instead. It happens. Not sharing that sort of info reduces the chance of that happening. It might be a slim chance but still a chance and therefore still daft to do, just for likes and attention. 

4 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Rhys McCabe mentioned being back in training on Friday in the DTV+ preview for the Dumbarton game, so I think it must still be the hybrid setup. As others have said, I can’t see any reason why it would change.

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

Why would being 'Part time' make more sense....

I am not iT all information is readily available if you do a bit of digging ..

Feel free to correct me here...

Full Time...... McCabe, Fordyce, Kerr, Lyons, Walker, Rico, Easton,McInRoy, S McGill, G McGill. McDonald, Ritchie,Frizzell , Smith, Sali m, Caves,

Part Time......  Currie, Cantley, Watson, Agnew, Allan, Gallagher..

It is our most talented p!aying  squad and coaching  staff for many years, full credit for all the work behind the scenes putting this together 

At least 6 are very lucky to be on a contract never mind a full time one, 

Or have Ayr approached ourselves for Ian Murray to become manager.......

Comments made by our MD allude to the fact that we’re currently sorting out compensation for our new manager with his current club. No idea if this is Murray but if your pal is correct with his information and it is Murray heading our way I wouldn’t be too surprised or unhappy. Airdrie fans seems a hard bunch to please but from the outside he looks to have slowly built your club back up after a few seasons of floating about League 1.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Comments made by our MD allude to the fact that we’re currently sorting out compensation for our new manager with his current club. No idea if this is Murray but if your pal is correct with his information and it is Murray heading our way I wouldn’t be too surprised or unhappy. Airdrie fans seems a hard bunch to please but from the outside he looks to have slowly built your club back up after a few seasons of floating about League 1.

Let me be the first to say that I hope its not Murray you're after. 

Paul Hartley though. You can take him. He's decent. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Mmmm it's beginning to look like a new manager maybe required as Ayr Diamond is rarely wrong.(Yes I know he has only hinted at a "shock" about to occur)

On the face of it, a risky move for IM as Ayr look certain to be involved in a relegation battle and he could be out of a job in 5 months time if that happened. His stock would be a lot higher if he could get us promotion but of course you can't deny anyone a substantial wage rise.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Mmmm it's beginning to look like a new manager maybe required as Ayr Diamond is rarely wrong.(Yes I know he has only hinted at a "shock" about to occur)

On the face of it, a risky move for IM as Ayr look certain to be involved in a relegation battle and he could be out of a job in 5 months time if that happened. His stock would be a lot higher if he could get us promotion but of course you can't deny anyone a substantial wage rise.

Ayr diamond is rarely wrong ? Did you not see the list of all the times he was wrong ? Haha 

I'd rather go with the bookies are rarely wrong , and Murray is nowhere to be seen on the bookies list ! 

14 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I haven't.

It's speculation of course, Murray & Kevin Thomson seem to be the main rumours on the Ayr page.

Would be more upset if he took McInroy. Easton, and McCabe with him, I  will not expect any signing's till Ayr manager is announced, 

I reckon some ITK posters on here get their info from people who aren't even involved with the club anymore, so I'd take most things with a pinch of salt on here these days. 

If Murray is offered more money and security then he might look at it. 

Are Ayr a better long term proposition to us? Doubtful IMO. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

As many others have pointed out, the whole "I'm ITK and I'll tell you wee bits and not everything" is just a bit weird. 

If Murray goes then fine, I don't know how 4 days in advance you can say "big shock coming on Wednesday" , Would Ayr need to wait for the bank holiday to end so they could go in and physically withdraw the £25 quid compensation we would get ? 

Speculation is good banter , and hearing the odd "theres a rumour we are after..." is just terracing talk. But this ITK stuff is just an ego trip , so either tell the full story or stop being weird ! 

3 wins in a week, back to back clean sheets; fantastic from the squad and staff. 

Be interesting to see how January goes, not to mention what if any changes are made before the game on Saturday. That's another win we need to secure, against a team we've managed no bother thus far this season but who have a new manager and are fighting for their lives. Avoid complacency and it should be 4th win and a 3rd clean sheet on the bounce, which would be truly superb. 

Ayr can just f**k off and appoint someone else, thanks very much. Losing Ian Murray would be a massive blow and a huge spanner in the works at this stage in the season. Paul Hartley, though, he's a guy who looks ready for an earlier step up into the league above. He would leave Cove with my best wishes...

Fingers crossed we see some good additions coming in soon; with injuries across all areas of the park, our bench is looking very thin of late. All the more reason to be pleased with the form and the output from the squad. They could do with reinforcements, though, that's for sure.