The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

17 hours ago, Ayr Diamond said:

Nope ,still loads happening , and after wednesday i think fans would be shocked.

You actually seem to enjoy revelling in dropping wee crumbs of info in an attention seeking way. If you've actually got something factual to say why not just say it in full instead of being cryptic about it? And if you're not allowed to actually share it, then why bother posting at all? 

Honestly, it's ridiculous. Say it all or say nothing. 

1 hour ago, Diamond diehard said:

I've heard we're interested in signing Owen Moffat from Celtic.  

Had him for my Airdrie team on last years football manager. Good player at league 1 level. But didn’t quite make my Premiership starting 11. Him and Christian Benteke were a useful attacking duo in the cup games against against lower league sides. 

Edited by GoalForAirdrie

9 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Its definitely not happening now cause a certain someone cannot stop himself from posting on here!!

This. 

Why do people feel the need to leak I formation that could technically go against the club? Why potentially alert media attention to something which could see our own club gazumped in signing a player as other clubs can jump on the band wagon and poach them? 

Mental. 

14 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This. 

Why do people feel the need to leak I formation that could technically go against the club? Why potentially alert media attention to something which could see our own club gazumped in signing a player as other clubs can jump on the band wagon and poach them? 

Mental. 

Knowing things that other people don’t makes them feel like a big man.

Seriously though, I’m fine with a bit of speculation and us discussing who we’d like to see sign. And rumours can obviously be quite exciting. But there’s a reason the club don’t come out and say who we’re trying to sign and you’d think fans that hear things from inside the club would understand that.

57 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Knowing things that other people don’t makes them feel like a big man.

Seriously though, I’m fine with a bit of speculation and us discussing who we’d like to see sign. And rumours can obviously be quite exciting. But there’s a reason the club don’t come out and say who we’re trying to sign and you’d think fans that hear things from inside the club would understand that.

It's the person involved directly with  the club that should know better than spout off, 

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This. 

Mental. 

Well put. The answer is of course that ITK posters are the attention seeking children of the football world. It's unbelievably cringe worthy, bordering on pathetic.

46 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

It's the person involved directly with  the club that should know better than spout off, 

Surely of one of these sad sacks is directly linked to the club then it's grounds for the club to get shot of them.

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This. 

Mental. 

It's crazy,shows you how sad some folk are and they've got to jump on here and spout itk pish to make themselves look good and their just sad wee boys

Scrappy and we never got into the rhythm we do when we're at our best. But really important that we ground that out and we did. Nice finish by Easton (even if Ramsbottom should do better) and great direct play by McInroy in the buildup. Difficult to see on the stream but Easton's corner looked like a goal. Thought Allan was particularly unfortunate too. Poor decision and seemed outrageous to book him given that it must have been an innocuous coming-together at worst let alone a foul. Would have been nice for him to get a goal and maybe some increased confidence and impact as a result. The penalty incident at the end was also difficult to see though what Currie was playing at I don't know. Didn't catch a cross the whole afternoon. 

Left-back is clearly the weak link of the side. If Rico is leaving then that needs sorted ASAP. Walker did his best but is limited going forward on the right let alone on his weaker side. There was space down that side to exploit (not to mention the chance to fire crosses into Ramsbottom) but he slowed us down big time. And a better side would be able to exploit his weaknesses there. If Rico isn't leaving (unused sub again today) then why isn't he playing ahead of Walker or McGill? Nice to see Josh Kerr back. I hope he's back fully fit and healthy and hasn't been rushed back as seems to be standard with him. Hope Gal's knock is just exactly that and he's alright. Another striker being out would leave us with only two which clearly is never going to be enough. 

Missed McCabe and Frizzell's drive and impetus on the ball today. McCabe was very unlucky with his free-kicks. Couple of great efforts.  I'm a big fan and I'm not sure there's enough superlatives to describe quite how good and important he is. 

3 wins and 2 clean-sheets in a week. Hopefully some new and returning faces in the side next week. 

Desperately require clarity on the Quitongo situation. I'd have thought he would've made a real impact on the game given the space down the left. If he's going, move him on. Can't imagine either party would be happy with him sitting on bench collecting a wage for nothing.

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

It's crazy,shows you how sad some folk are and they've got to jump on here and spout itk pish to make themselves look good and their just sad wee boys

Do we honestly think that deals that have probably been discussed for weeks are going  to fall down over a Pie and Bovril signing rumour..   

As others have said, the Quitongo situation needs clarified soon. Scott McGill is ok out there but even that’s a temporary solution. He works hard but I hope we don’t have to watch Scott Walker marauding forward from left back again, it’s clearly not his natural position and he’s not the best going forward on the right nevermind the left. 

It was good to see Josh Kerr back, even if only for a few minutes. Other than the Alloa defeat I can hardly fault McCabe’s performances at centre back but we definitely need more defensive options. Hopefully he’s over the worst of his injury issues as we saw last season what a difference he made when he was given a run in the team at centre back. 

I’m delighted to get three points and three consecutive victories this week. I remember  us dominating in a 0-0 draw at Dumbarton two years ago in a game we just couldn’t score in. While we didn’t create too many chances today it’s great that like Wednesday we once again managed to find a moment of quality and grind out the win at the end. We have two home league games now before Thistle away in the cup, we really need another six points to try and keep up with Cove and Montrose.