The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Cheers, big ask to play if several were positive not so bad if it’s  just one or two and the rest is just contacts. Obviously, not training is also not ideal. 

Although only playing us so that’s been a training match for you guys recently anyway.

8 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

What type of injury did Salim pick up?

He picked up an innocuous looking knee injury against Alloa with about 15 mins to go, he still finished the game.  According to Murray's press interview last week , he was hopeful it wouldn't be long term, so doesn't sound like a serious ligament injury,  although in saying that he has been out for 2 months already and we still don't seem to know how long he will be out....

Rumours on here that he is gone for the season,  that would go against Murray's interview.

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Cheers, big ask to play if several were positive not so bad if it’s  just one or two and the rest is just contacts. Obviously, not training is also not ideal. 

Although only playing us so that’s been a training match for you guys recently anyway.

I’m sure the lads will be fine. Young, fit athletes should have nothing to worry about.

On 13/12/2021 at 13:40, AndyDD said:

Speculation about signings is of obviously par for the course this time of year, and I agree that some full back cover (given the Sam Wardrop shaped hole in the squad after his retirement), a striker and some centre half cover would be ideal, but we're going to do well to get players in at this time of year who can walk into the XI, aren't we? Particularly up front. You'd expect anyone who's a sure thing won't be up for grabs.

That applies especially for strikers, but is still true right across the pitch. Anyone we get in is surely going to be a bit of a punt, aren't they? Either unproven, dropped for form reasons, hindered by injury etc etc. 

Granted, we won a watch with Turner in the league suspension last year (not the Jan window, as such) but I'm not going to pin my hopes on us making game-changing signings in January. 

We need to find the finishing touch and take more of the chances we create. That's been the difference between us and Cove and Montrose in the last two league games. Both games could and should have been wrapped up had we finished the chances that we made (or that were presented to us) before eventually conceding the opener versus Cove and the winner versus Montrose. Can't see many clinical finishers being available in next month. 

First things first, I'm wondering if the match scheduled for Saturday is actually going to go ahead. Guess we'll need to await another round of testing, presumably Thursday/Friday? 

Is there a doubt about the game at broadwood

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

Is there a doubt about the game at broadwood

As far as I can tell it looks to be going ahead as of right now, but I have no more information than you do. 

I guess it'll come down to the results of any further covid testing. Fingers crossed. 

Fellow Diamonds, I ordered a print of old Broomfield November 30th, from this website - https://www.yourfootballground.co.uk.

It was posted on the Airdrieonians supporters Facebook page.  Has anyone ordered from them before or know the person who posted it.  Everyday I have been reaching out to them and I have not had one response.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, the person who posted it and I sent the money to was called Martin Lynch, I have tried everything to get in touch.  

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/celtic-starlets-airdrie-future-unknown-25695945

I hope this isn't his agent touting him! Absolutely vital we extend his loan period.

I can’t imagine Celtic are too fussed about where McInroy plays but yeah, very important we extend his loan. We have some very good options in midfield as it is but McInroy adds something different and has been very consistent since he came in. Hopefully him and Scott McGill playing in the Scottish Cup is a decent sign that they’ll be with us beyond January. 

It’s from a few days ago so it’s possibly already been posted but I see there’s an interview with Ian Murray on there too about the current situation. It sounds a lot more promising than I expected, I had feared a lot of our squad had caught COVID but it seems like it’s only a handful of players and the main issue with last weeks game was isolation rules and waiting on PCR results. Hopefully everyone has recovered ok and it hasn’t spread to anyone else.

37 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I can’t imagine Celtic are too fussed about where McInroy plays but yeah, very important we extend his loan. We have some very good options in midfield as it is but McInroy adds something different and has been very consistent since he came in. Hopefully him and Scott McGill playing in the Scottish Cup is a decent sign that they’ll be with us beyond January. 

It’s from a few days ago so it’s possibly already been posted but I see there’s an interview with Ian Murray on there too about the current situation. It sounds a lot more promising than I expected, I had feared a lot of our squad had caught COVID but it seems like it’s only a handful of players and the main issue with last weeks game was isolation rules and waiting on PCR results. Hopefully everyone has recovered ok and it hasn’t spread to anyone else.

Celtic not being too fussed is what concerns me as he could easily play at a higher level.

Yes hopefully the game is on and we can get some points on the board. I'm not saying we have a run of easy games but if we don't pick up a large haul of points in our next 5 matches we will have a big problem.

Agreed with everyone vis a vis McInroy, he has made a big difference and seems to be improving the more matches he plays. If I were a team in the division above that was struggling in the midfield, I'd be checking up on his situation to see if I could offer a half season loan from next month, so hopefully that doesn't come to pass. 

Pleased to hear the covid outbreak might be less severe than I think a lot of us feared; if we have most of our squad available we should be getting back to winning ways Saturday, despite the improved form of our hosts. Also glad we are getting the QP game re-arranged so quickly; it'll be a bit taxing on the squad but thems the breaks. Good not to be a game behind for weeks and weeks. 

@Airdrie101; sorry, not familiar with them at all I'm afraid, so can't advise one way or the other. I hope it works out for ye. 

5 hours ago, Airdrie101 said:

Fellow Diamonds, I ordered a print of old Broomfield November 30th, from this website - https://www.yourfootballground.co.uk.

It was posted on the Airdrieonians supporters Facebook page.  Has anyone ordered from them before or know the person who posted it.  Everyday I have been reaching out to them and I have not had one response.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, the person who posted it and I sent the money to was called Martin Lynch, I have tried everything to get in touch.  

Seems like you've been the only to purchase but pretty abysmal behaviour by Lynch. I did buy similar from James Muddiman art and he seems a reliable sort of guy.

I wasn't there this afternoon so cannot comment on the performance or the decision to abandon it. But I think today emphasised the business that we need to conduct in January. Another (by the sounds of things) soft goal conceded from a cross ball. There's only so long we can get away with only 2/4 defenders being proper defenders. Get a proper centre-half in if Kerr and Lyons are going to continue to be unavailable and get an upgrade(s) at full-back. If both Gabby and Salim are now going to be out for the season as feared we definitely need another striker in as we're now short on numbers and Jordan Allan isn't good enough as our only backup. 

Feel for Gabby. Two goals for nought and a nasty injury. Really hope he is okay. 

19 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I wasn't there this afternoon so cannot comment on the performance or the decision to abandon it. But I think today emphasised the business that we need to conduct in January. Another (by the sounds of things) soft goal conceded from a cross ball. There's only so long we can get away with only 2/4 defenders being proper defenders. Get a proper centre-half in if Kerr and Lyons are going to continue to be unavailable and get an upgrade(s) at full-back. If both Gabby and Salim are now going to be out for the season as feared we definitely need another striker in as we're now short on numbers and Jordan Allan isn't good enough as our only backup. 

Feel for Gabby. Two goals for nought and a nasty injury. Really hope he is okay. 

We are certainly not get g the rub of the green just now,  for what it's worth and it pains me to say it....  I think it was the right decision to call it off,  You could not see the corner flags or the f ar side linesman,  with still 25 minutes left to play,    

on the game. we struggled all game with the genuine lack of a left back , McGill is a good p lyer going forward, cannot defend though, with no left mid cover either we struggled  and Clyde created a few chances due to it,    Offensively we were good although still looking for the final pass too much,  up front we lack options now with Gabby looking to be out for a while now,   This was a game we threatened to dominate, but typical of this team they have a very soft centre, and teams seem to be able o score against us pretty easily...

Has Salims injury been diagnosed yet, he only got injured 2 months ago......